• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots and the NFL Draft

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots and 9ers attended the Alabama Pro-Day. It was held on the same day as the Ohio State Pro-Day.

Ohio State is having a second Pro-Day on April 14th so Justin Fields can show his wares to the teams that went to Alabama. BB and Josh will attend.
"There are media reports everywhere that Belichick is looking, touching the water, seeing if there is a Tom Brady clone out there.
It's great theater. And it makes me laugh because I don't believe it.
Belichick and the Patriots are playing chess here. They — or their representatives — are showing up everywhere."

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston Sports Tonight has changed it's format and now Michael Felger and Michael Holley co-host it. Felger has surprised me because he's bringing a whole different train of thought and last night he threw ice water on the Patriot's typical draft discussions and supported the hell out of it.

He put up a list of names:

Richard Seymour, Ty Warren, Chandler Jones, Devin McCourty, Vince Wilfork

What do they all have in common? They are Bill Belichick first round picks and they're all defense.

Then he said something that made more sense that anything I've heard this year. (Paraphrasing) Everyone is looking at the top picks and the first three or five are quarterbacks followed by a group of talented Wide Receivers. Plus it's expected that the Bengal will take OL Penni Sewell. Hold on to your cup. BB will probably take Patrick Surtain for sure if he's there at 15, or more likely Micah Parsons because he's ready to start now or eddie Rousseau who's also ready to be plugged in on the Defensive line. BB hass always been able to pick All-Pro defensive players in the first round. There ain't no Tom Bradys in this draft and there ain't no Tom Bradys available on the free agent market so stop looking. Don't be shocked if Trey Lance drops to 15 and Bill takes Caleb Farley.

Never thought much about the fact that Bill has picked outstanding defensive players in the first round in 10 of his 20 drafts. Just sayin', Bill is most likely going defense when everyone is expecting offense. Chess vs Checkers

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston Sports Tonight has changed it's format and now Michael Felger and Michael Holley co-host it. Felger has surprised me because he's bringing a whole different train of thought and last night he threw ice water on the Patriot's typical draft discussions and supported the hell out of it.

He put up a list of names:

Richard Seymour, Ty Warren, Chandler Jones, Devin McCourty, Vince Wilfork

What do they all have in common? They are Bill Belichick first round picks and they're all defense.

Then he said something that made more sense that anything I've heard this year. (Paraphrasing) Everyone is looking at the top picks and the first three or five are quarterbacks followed by a group of talented Wide Receivers. Plus it's expected that the Bengal will take OL Penni Sewell. Hold on to your cup. BB will probably take Patrick Surtain for sure if he's there at 15, or more likely Micah Parsons because he's ready to start now or eddie Rousseau who's also ready to be plugged in on the Defensive line. BB hass always been able to pick All-Pro defensive players in the first round. There ain't no Tom Bradys in this draft and there ain't no Tom Bradys available on the free agent market so stop looking. Don't be shocked if Trey Lance drops to 15 and Bill takes Caleb Farley.

Never thought much about the fact that Bill has picked outstanding defensive players in the first round in 10 of his 20 drafts. Just sayin', Bill is most likely going defense when everyone is expecting offense. Chess vs Checkers
I have no issues with going defense or trading down. Defense is where BB excels he just grabbed the best two TEs in FA added a good WR shored up his D. I think ILB and Safety or CB make perfect sense

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nowhere have I heard BB or anyone else say anything negative about Stidham. The negativity has come from the media and that tends to sink into "us" over time.

Then again Jake Dolegala has been completely ignored. Dolegala, 23, originally signed with the Cincinnati Bengals as a rookie free agent on May 10, 2019, out of Central Connecticut State. The 6-foot-7, 242-pounder was inactive for 15 games and dressed but did not play in one game for the Bengals in 2019. He released by the Bengals on Sept. 5, 2020.

If you Google "Patriot's QB", you will get more crap about 'who' the Patriots should draft, than you'll get abiout the three on the Patriots' roster. Again, the media's attempt to give us information that we don't want.

Southie's post with the Sunday Patriots Notes has a petty good article about what Tom House has to say about Cam and Stid. Maybe the starter is already in the house.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kellen Mond stated yesterday that he's been texting and emailing back and forth with Josh McDaniels. If he's available in Round 3, he could be a choice if Bill is truly being collaborative with his coaches and scouts.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nowhere have I heard BB or anyone else say anything negative about Stidham. The negativity has come from the media and that tends to sink into "us" over time.

Then again Jake Dolegala has been completely ignored. Dolegala, 23, originally signed with the Cincinnati Bengals as a rookie free agent on May 10, 2019, out of Central Connecticut State. The 6-foot-7, 242-pounder was inactive for 15 games and dressed but did not play in one game for the Bengals in 2019. He released by the Bengals on Sept. 5, 2020.

If you Google "Patriot's QB", you will get more crap about 'who' the Patriots should draft, than you'll get abiout the three on the Patriots' roster. Again, the media's attempt to give us information that we don't want.

Southie's post with the Sunday Patriots Notes has a petty good article about what Tom House has to say about Cam and Stid. Maybe the starter is already in the house.

Would BB ever say anything negative about one of his current players or give the media and insight into his thoughts on a player? Not saying the media isn't driving the narrative that Stidham sucks or anything like that but when has BB come out and said anything?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would BB ever say anything negative about one of his current players or give the media and insight into his thoughts on a player? Not saying the media isn't driving the narrative that Stidham sucks or anything like that but when has BB come out and said anything?
I thought I read that BB said that Harry was a personal embaressment to him......

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for BB trading up with Atlanta. This and next years 1st along with a 3rd and a 4th. Go get one of the top QBs. Still have plenty of capital and BB has had plenty of years with no 1st round or a very late first round pick. Hell I'd give this years first and the next two years as well. Maybe get a 3rd or 4th back from Atlanta?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for BB trading up with Atlanta. This and next years 1st along with a 3rd and a 4th. Go get one of the top QBs. Still have plenty of capital and BB has had plenty of years with no 1st round or a very late first round pick. Hell I'd give this years first and the next two years as well. Maybe get a 3rd or 4th back from Atlanta?
who would you pick at Atlanta position and why would he be worth that pick?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll have less pain repeatedly slamming your head against a concrete wall than figuring out what BB is thinking at draft time. Like everyone else, I annually get sucked into the "BB should....." crap and get frustrated because he won't listen to me.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read this it read this I still feel BB has some issue with the young man, as bad as Cam was last year there was no reason not to give the kid a legit look. Maybe him starting that camp in the W. Coast might help?
It certainly couldn't hurt.
Now I'm projecting but:
When I was a kid nobody thought much about chances.
They could not read me and assumed I didn't care or wasn't paying attention.
Reallity was I was very calm - until I got out on the track.
When I turned pro, everybody's atitude changed. I am extremely intense - it just doesn't show.

Perhaps they can't "read" Stidham. He has not had the game opportunities to show what he can do.
Looking at his draft profile, he looks better than the QB's that everybody is fawning over!
Very hard to believe he has nothing.....
If he has a good preseason, what do you do?
Cam is getting support now because he was hurt, didn;t have weapons, no preseason, no time to learn.
What the hell did Stidham get!!!!!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It certainly couldn't hurt.
Now I'm projecting but:
When I was a kid nobody thought much about chances.
They could not read me and assumed I didn't care or wasn't paying attention.
Reallity was I was very calm - until I got out on the track.
When I turned pro, everybody's atitude changed. I am extremely intense - it just doesn't show.

Perhaps they can't "read" Stidham. He has not had the game opportunities to show what he can do.
Looking at his draft profile, he looks better than the QB's that everybody is fawning over!
Very hard to believe he has nothing.....
If he has a good preseason, what do you do?
Cam is getting support now because he was hurt, didn;t have weapons, no preseason, no time to learn.
What the hell did Stidham get!!!!!
All of the things said about Cam are pretty much true. I just don't feel last year BB was even going to consider Stid once he signed Cam. All we as a collective can hope for is that BB holds an open and honest camp and asses all QBs with unbiased mind, again not sure BB does this. I fell sometime his ego gets in the way or he out thinks himself. Either way I think we draft a QB this year, probably round three but I think we take one.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the things said about Cam are pretty much true. I just don't feel last year BB was even going to consider Stid once he signed Cam. All we as a collective can hope for is that BB holds an open and honest camp and asses all QBs with unbiased mind, again not sure BB does this. I fell sometime his ego gets in the way or he out thinks himself. Either way I think we draft a QB this year, probably round three but I think we take one.
We certainly don't know what we have in Stidham yet.
With 10 picks it would be irresponsible to not take a QB, based on value of the pick.
BB has "wasted" picks before. Taking a QB in the 3rd that he sees as a 4th should be considered, IMHO