• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NFL Quarterback Carousel

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly feel the Pats will not make a play for QB in the draft. There is to many needs at other positions. I am really starting to feel BB trades down

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly feel the Pats will not make a play for QB in the draft. There is to many needs at other positions. I am really starting to feel BB trades down
Weird situation. Any point can be argued any direction.
My opinion? (at this moment)
If Belichick has a shot at a QB he likes, he takes it.
If he doesn't value the QB's available he won't take one - no matter how much we need one.
The problem for us is simple - we don't know what he is thinking......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's one for ya..........................................

Patriots trade #15 to the Jaguars for #33(2), #45(2), #128 (5)

If the Patriots do this they would have three picks in the 2nd round all in the top 15.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB has QBs in mind at certain draft spots. Say if Lawrence or Wilson slid to 15, do you think he wouldn't draft one? He has the value set and at any pick a QB at that value or better is there he will grab them.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB has QBs in mind at certain draft spots. Say if Lawrence or Wilson slid to 15, do you think he wouldn't draft one? He has the value set and at any pick a QB at that value or better is there he will grab them.
What would he do if Lance or Trask slid to him?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would he do if Lance or Trask slid to him?
BB sets up several boards. He has a board that has player, usually the top 100 of his value. Then there's a positional board where the top 10 of each position are posted, at his value. Then there a board that Caserio told me is what is called the "Unknowns". Division II and II and NAIA players that 'might' be able to play at a much higher level. The last group are never drafted, they generally get a call after the draft and are offered a min contract. I believe there re two of these guys on the team right now.

If Trask or Lance re rated above anyone in his top 15, Bill will take them. If Micah Parsons is rated #6 and Lance is #9 and Trask #12, BB will take Parsons. He will take the highest rated value player on his board. He makes the draft wasy for himself and drives everyone else nuts. Especially us.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB sets up several boards. He has a board that has player, usually the top 100 of his value. Then there's a positional board where the top 10 of each position are posted, at his value. Then there a board that Caserio told me is what is called the "Unknowns". Division II and II and NAIA players that 'might' be able to play at a much higher level. The last group are never drafted, they generally get a call after the draft and are offered a min contract. I believe there re two of these guys on the team right now.

If Trask or Lance re rated above anyone in his top 15, Bill will take them. If Micah Parsons is rated #6 and Lance is #9 and Trask #12, BB will take Parsons. He will take the highest rated value player on his board. He makes the draft wasy for himself and drives everyone else nuts. Especially us.

Honestly if he has Parsons at 6 and Lance at 9 and doesn't take Lance then he is not very good at his job. The top LB in the NFL isn't worth a QB that you think could be a top-10 player in the entire draft.

Always have to be thinking best player available but also factor in positional value into that evaluation.

And I would add you also have to factor in position of need. I know most say they were the highest player on their board but the reality is that NFL teams do get caught looking at positions of need on the roster. Sometimes that need isn't a day 1 need but one they do know will come up sooner than one thinks. Ravens do this a lot of every other year evaluating edge higher than usual and will take some guys midround maybe a bit higher knowing they will have a year to sit on the bench and learn.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that but, to many teams need a QB this year and I can't see a quality QB slipping to 15. So draft other needs and take a shot at someone later seems to make more sense to me.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly if he has Parsons at 6 and Lance at 9 and doesn't take Lance then he is not very good at his job. The top LB in the NFL isn't worth a QB that you think could be a top-10 player in the entire draft.

Always have to be thinking best player available but also factor in positional value into that evaluation.

And I would add you also have to factor in position of need. I know most say they were the highest player on their board but the reality is that NFL teams do get caught looking at positions of need on the roster. Sometimes that need isn't a day 1 need but one they do know will come up sooner than one thinks. Ravens do this a lot of every other year evaluating edge higher than usual and will take some guys midround maybe a bit higher knowing they will have a year to sit on the bench and learn.
Hey CD, welcome back. I was asking about you the other day. Glad to know that you're okay and back amongst the crazy.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth is, BB has never been very good at picking up players in the draft for the offensive skill positions other than running back. His biggest hits were Hernandez and Gronkowski at the TE spots and we all know why no one else would touch Hernandez.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth is, BB has never been very good at picking up players in the draft for the offensive skill positions other than running back. His biggest hits were Hernandez and Gronkowski at the TE spots and we all know why no one else would touch Hernandez.
He did draft that Tom Brady guy, and some damn fine O Linemen too

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good to hear from you. I disagree - as usual.
BB sets his own board, cooperatively with those he trusts - ahead of time!
The point Ken made is correct. He qualified it with "if he has..." That is inarguable.
He gave an example - as an example! Not that BB would value a top 10 QB over a top ten LB. Just an example.....

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bad news

The Boston Globe's Ben Volin reports Patriots coach Bill Belichick "has done nothing but rave" about QB Cam Newton this offseason.​

Newton battled through COVID, learned a new offense without a traditional offseason, and picked up a few wins for the Patriots in 2020 so it's not surprising that Belichick has a healthy amount of respect for the veteran passer. The real question is if that respect turns into another shot at starting for Newton, who is currently a free agent. Reports from earlier in the offseason indicated that a return to New England was unlikely but subsequent news has painted a much more optimistic picture for Newton. The Patriots have the 15th overall pick which may not be enough to land them the caliber of QB prospect they want. If that's the case, using the draft and free agency to give Newton some better weapons to work with seems plausible. The former Panther threw more interceptions than touchdowns last year but his top two receivers were both UDFAs with a combined seven starts before 2020. Newton may not be as physically gifted as he was in Carolina but building up a project QB via the draft doesn't seem to be in the cards for the 68-year-old head coach. Newton has a real shot at opening 2021 as New England's starter and would be an intriguing fantasy option because of his running ability.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newton has a real shot at opening 2021 as New England's starter and would be an intriguing fantasy option because of his running ability.
There's growing rumor that even Josh believes that Cam would be ten times better with OTA, mini camp, training camp and preseasonwhen hr started 2021.

Then there are those "experts" who say that Cam's throwing motion is totally different since his shoulder surgery three years ago, He used to throw like a bseball pitcher but has a much more shorter delivery as if bringing his hand back is restricted and that doesn't allow him to completely to bring back and follow through. Hence the increased number of balls that never make it where they are intended to go. These guys say he'll never be anywhere near where he was in 2015 or 16.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear from you. I disagree - as usual.
BB sets his own board, cooperatively with those he trusts - ahead of time!
The point Ken made is correct. He qualified it with "if he has..." That is inarguable.
He gave an example - as an example! Not that BB would value a top 10 QB over a top ten LB. Just an example.....

I guess maybe I should clarify a bit. My guess is that if he did have Parsons ranked ahead that positional value would have already been factored in. I still would lean QB myself just because of the position value and need on the team. Broncos are not quite in the same boat but similar in possibly looking for that big upgrade at the QB position so I would lean that way if one fell to pick 9.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's growing rumor that even Josh believes that Cam would be ten times better with OTA, mini camp, training camp and preseasonwhen hr started 2021.

Then there are those "experts" who say that Cam's throwing motion is totally different since his shoulder surgery three years ago, He used to throw like a bseball pitcher but has a much more shorter delivery as if bringing his hand back is restricted and that doesn't allow him to completely to bring back and follow through. Hence the increased number of balls that never make it where they are intended to go. These guys say he'll never be anywhere near where he was in 2015 or 16.

I think Cam is a bit of an underrated player at this point in his career. He isn't a top-10 QB any more but I think you surround him with some decent talent and he might surprise some people with what he brings to the table. The Pats just haven't had the weapons the last few years for any QB to be highly successful. They might be worst in the NFL in skill position players. Thankfully they have some cap space to do something about it and this is a good draft to go find some high quality WR/TE talent.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cam is a bit of an underrated player at this point in his career. He isn't a top-10 QB any more but I think you surround him with some decent talent and he might surprise some people with what he brings to the table. The Pats just haven't had the weapons the last few years for any QB to be highly successful. They might be worst in the NFL in skill position players. Thankfully they have some cap space to do something about it and this is a good draft to go find some high quality WR/TE talent.
And as unimpressive as Cam was last year he was coming off injury and learning a tough system. The Pats need to get FA WR s IMO BB cannot draft WRs. I too feel Cam will be back, I don't like it but I think it happens.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess maybe I should clarify a bit. My guess is that if he did have Parsons ranked ahead that positional value would have already been factored in. I still would lean QB myself just because of the position value and need on the team. Broncos are not quite in the same boat but similar in possibly looking for that big upgrade at the QB position so I would lean that way if one fell to pick 9.
I will again say that if that QB has no value to BB, he will not pick him. If he does think the guy can be what BB wants, he'll pull the trigger.
BB does not cave to pressure. It is simple to him. Guy fits or he doesn't......

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will again say that if that QB has no value to BB, he will not pick him. If he does think the guy can be what BB wants, he'll pull the trigger.
BB does not cave to pressure. It is simple to him. Guy fits or he doesn't......

I agree that BB is that way. Not sure that has been the best way for him to handle the draft though as they have struggled in that department a lot over the years. Some big hits here and there but just seems like maybe they should look into a bit more of how they run their draft boards.