• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NFL Draft Discussion thread

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After careful thought - considerable homework - I have come to the conclusion that Micah Parsons is the obvious and best pick - if available at #9 for the Broncos. He is the anti-Mahomes weapon the Broncos need against the Chiefs.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mond is going 2nd round but I’d trade up into the back of the 2nd for him

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mond is going 2nd round but I’d trade up into the back of the 2nd for him
I think Mond is a good prospect. I don't think he goes 2nd round - just because 1st rounders get 5 year control and 2nd rounders get 4 years - if a prospect is good enough to be a 2nd rounder QB - it seems to me - teams will trade into the end of the 1st round to get a guy like that. I'm thinking he will be there when the Broncos pick in round 3. I also think he will be a good hedge against Lock failing to impress.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mond is getting 2nd round buzz. I like Mond and I don't like him if that makes sense.

In other words. I personally have always liked him since he hit the recruiting circuit and he has had a ton of hype coming into college but he has never consistently put it together. I wouldn't even lay a finger on him in Round 2 if I was drafting for a team. I don't see the consistency. He has the talent but but he has been basically a 4 year starter (started eary in his FR year after Nick Starkel got hurt) but he has really been the same QB all 4 years. I don't see the growth/development I look for in a QB out of him.

I would rather stick with Drew Lock if Kellen Mond is the best we can do this offseason. Mond to me is a guy who has played like a day 3 pick who will end up being reached for on day 2.

Last year Mond had a rd 6-7 national grade when he asked for his draft grade and I really didn't see much improvement this year. Maybe a little but not as much as you would like to see. He isn't awful. He doesn't make terrible decisions but he is just kind of another QB to me in which you will just be looking for another QB again in a few years. I am rooting for him though. Always been a fan of his from a personal standpoint. Always been waiting for him to develop, just haven't seen it yet.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like my Mond - Ala Mode.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mond is getting 2nd round buzz. I like Mond and I don't like him if that makes sense.

In other words. I personally have always liked him since he hit the recruiting circuit and he has had a ton of hype coming into college but he has never consistently put it together. I wouldn't even lay a finger on him in Round 2 if I was drafting for a team. I don't see the consistency. He has the talent but but he has been basically a 4 year starter (started eary in his FR year after Nick Starkel got hurt) but he has really been the same QB all 4 years. I don't see the growth/development I look for in a QB out of him.

I would rather stick with Drew Lock if Kellen Mond is the best we can do this offseason. Mond to me is a guy who has played like a day 3 pick who will end up being reached for on day 2.

Last year Mond had a rd 6-7 national grade when he asked for his draft grade and I really didn't see much improvement this year. Maybe a little but not as much as you would like to see. He isn't awful. He doesn't make terrible decisions but he is just kind of another QB to me in which you will just be looking for another QB again in a few years. I am rooting for him though. Always been a fan of his from a personal standpoint. Always been waiting for him to develop, just haven't seen it yet.
Not having seen much of Mond or Dak on college their stats are similar. Not sure why Dak went in the 4th round but Mond seems like that type of prospect

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a big Dak fan at Miss State... Helps when he carries your college fantasy football team to become a big fan. ;). Had Mond his soph year. Sorry, that is all beside the point.
I really like Mond’s physical tools but I have also seen a large sample size of him over 4 years and he just doesn’t do enough for me to depend on him. Now if he was around in rd 4 like Dak was I would be happy with it. Just not excited about him in rd 2. For being a 4 year starter I feel like Mond still has a ways to go and that really concerns me. Lock was no sure bet coming out but I did like the improvements I saw in him. I will say Mond did show progressive this year and that is encouraging. I would have liked to see him climb more though. My expectations were really high of him coming out. The one concerning thing I have with Lock Is that a lot of his habits that were negatives in college I haven’t seen a big improvement on. I also feel like he hasn’t really been given a fair chance with the Covid season but I also want to keep an open mind when it comes to the quarterback situation. That’s one position you have to evaluate your best option and be smart with it. Can’t pass on something we love just to give Lock another year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hype on Mond is based around the idea that he actually did improve last year. I do think someone will take him in rd2 but it will probably be a team that doesn't obviously need a QB. Nobody is going to roll into 2021 thinking that Mond is going to get serious play time.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hype on Mond is based around the idea that he actually did improve last year. I do think someone will take him in rd2 but it will probably be a team that doesn't obviously need a QB. Nobody is going to roll into 2021 thinking that Mond is going to get serious play time.

100% agree with this. I could see a situation like the Steelers, etc. This is what I have always expected for Mond. Not a starter in 2021 but ideally will play in one of the situations where a QB is near the end. Mason Rudolph doesn’t appear to be the future for the Steelers.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After careful thought - considerable homework - I have come to the conclusion that Micah Parsons is the obvious and best pick - if available at #9 for the Broncos. He is the anti-Mahomes weapon the Broncos need against the Chiefs.
Doesn't this draft have enough LB talent to get one later instead of at 9. Your not concerned with character issues?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@nflbronco Good question.

As you know I love Parsons. He was my pick looking back to when we first started draft discussion back after the 2020 draft but I think it is pretty telling when you see Parsons left off the top 10 right now by nearly every single "paid NFL Draft expert", the guys with the inside information on his character and how teams view it. This draft is too talented in the top 15, IMO to risk the character flaws of Parson, but I REALLY REALLY love him.

I also don't get paid to do the background check on Parsons so if he checks out for us and we take him I will be thrilled, but I just think the overall consensus in the NFL is that it is pretty concerning and will hurt him.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't this draft have enough LB talent to get one later instead of at 9. Your not concerned with character issues?
I think he has matured - since becoming a father.

His incidents occurred when he was 18 - our current ILB AJ - had a similar path. He is the best defensive player in the draft - he is at a position that was instrumental in beating the Chiefs in the Super Bowl - and IMO - you build a team to win your division.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he even make it to us at 9? Heard a rumor that the Lions might really like Parsons. At ILB I really like Jabril Cox and interested in Jamin Davis.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on the vibe coming from Bronco country after Miami’s trade?

Hey sorry this has taken me so long to respond. Went to Vegas last week for a Spartan Race and this last week was Easter week which makes work a little busy.

This is what I've heard so far...

The Broncos really do love the QB's in this draft. Paton is a huge Trey Lance fan while others are big Fields fans. I think they could be happy with either if they end up winning the trade battle to get up to 4 or 5 for a QB. If Atlanta and Cincinnati decide to stay put though the bidding war could get a bit bigger. Atlanta and Cincinnati don't want to fall out of the top-10 eliminating some of the competition for a trade up. Detroit though could welcome a bunch of extra picks.

Right now seems like things will come down to if the Broncos can get to pick 4 then either Fields/Lance will be the pick. If they can't then they will look for a trade back option possibly Chicago because they then could get Foles as part of the trade back.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@nflbronco Good question.

As you know I love Parsons. He was my pick looking back to when we first started draft discussion back after the 2020 draft but I think it is pretty telling when you see Parsons left off the top 10 right now by nearly every single "paid NFL Draft expert", the guys with the inside information on his character and how teams view it. This draft is too talented in the top 15, IMO to risk the character flaws of Parson, but I REALLY REALLY love him.

I also don't get paid to do the background check on Parsons so if he checks out for us and we take him I will be thrilled, but I just think the overall consensus in the NFL is that it is pretty concerning and will hurt him.

There are teams that have him really high. Detroit I'm told is one that doesn't have many issues with the off the field issues and honestly almost like that he has some of that fire to want to fight everyone around him. Carolina is another that does like him so could see if they don't go QB they might take a long hard look at him.

I have also heard that Fangio is a big fan of his, but also likes a lot of guys in this class so I doubt that is the direction the Broncos would go unless it is a trade back and he is still in the mix.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My expectation - currently - is that the Broncos will trade for Teddy Bridgewater - something Paton has actually done in the past. Personally - I think drafting a QB by trading up is just plain stupid. So we shall see. There is certainly an element of "shiny object" when it comes to college QBs.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey sorry this has taken me so long to respond. Went to Vegas last week for a Spartan Race and this last week was Easter week which makes work a little busy.

This is what I've heard so far...

The Broncos really do love the QB's in this draft. Paton is a huge Trey Lance fan while others are big Fields fans. I think they could be happy with either if they end up winning the trade battle to get up to 4 or 5 for a QB. If Atlanta and Cincinnati decide to stay put though the bidding war could get a bit bigger. Atlanta and Cincinnati don't want to fall out of the top-10 eliminating some of the competition for a trade up. Detroit though could welcome a bunch of extra picks.

Right now seems like things will come down to if the Broncos can get to pick 4 then either Fields/Lance will be the pick. If they can't then they will look for a trade back option possibly Chicago because they then could get Foles as part of the trade back.
Did you hear that guys??? If we don’t trade up we get Foles. We must trade up now

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. The Lions seem to be high on Parsons according to reports but like any draft information. What is true and what is not? Do they want a team to try and jump them for him so they get the guy they really want? Only time will tell... But never trust draft buzz! Seems we have shown the most interest in Fields and Lance so far and not so much Mac Jones. It will be interesting and we still have like 22 days to go to hear all the rumors, anticipation is gonna be killing me.