• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NFL Draft Discussion thread

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much will be made out of WR Smiths weight, 174 ouch!!!

It is something to monitor. If Smith works well in the NFL he will be the exception not the rule of guys working out coming into the league at his height/weight combo.

The guy is talented, but man have to worry how long he can hold up unless he really hits that weight room hard.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is something to monitor. If Smith works well in the NFL he will be the exception not the rule of guys working out coming into the league at his height/weight combo.

The guy is talented, but man have to worry how long he can hold up unless he really hits that weight room hard.

He can do what he does because of that size. Putting on bulk, hmmmm?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can do what he does because of that size. Putting on bulk, hmmmm?

This is one of those bad situations where you are right adding bulk could take away what makes him special as a WR, but at the same time staying at the weight he is it is tough to see him holding up long-term as a true #1 WR in the NFL.

If I am a team taking a WR early in the draft I'm letting another team take that risk. Like I said he would have to be the exception to the rule to work out in the NFL. You don't usually use a top-10 pick on a guy that is the exception.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of those bad situations where you are right adding bulk could take away what makes him special as a WR, but at the same time staying at the weight he is it is tough to see him holding up long-term as a true #1 WR in the NFL.

If I am a team taking a WR early in the draft I'm letting another team take that risk. Like I said he would have to be the exception to the rule to work out in the NFL. You don't usually use a top-10 pick on a guy that is the exception.

You read my mind, I totally agree with that stance. That word.....frail....not good in the NFL.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons just ran a 4.36 unofficial 40

in 2019 White and Bush ran 4.42. and 4.43

If he is Vic's Roquan let do this.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons just ran a 4.36 unofficial 40

in 2019 White and Bush ran 4.42. and 4.43

If he is Vic's Roquan let do this.
I worry more about the off the field stuff with Parsons then his ability on the field. The Broncos would have to be comfortable with that aspect of him. If the Broncos are comfortable with the person and that maybe the off the field stuff is not as reported, then I am good with drafting him.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worry more about the off the field stuff with Parsons then his ability on the field. The Broncos would have to be comfortable with that aspect of him. If the Broncos are comfortable with the person and that maybe the off the field stuff is not as reported, then I am good with drafting him.
Denver may be looking at Owehs in the 2nd than Parsons in the first.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micah Parsons ran a 4.39 today at his proday. These 40 times at pro days are off the roof this year. They always are compared to the combine though.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dicaprio Bootle 4.38 .. no way!

Horn ran a 4.38 yesterday. That one doesn’t surprised me. Etienne at 4.50 was about what I expected. Ok speed with great explosion and vision and really improved as a receiver this year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State DE Jayson Oweh ran a 4.36 that just aint right.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's talk about Texas EDGE Joseph Ossai... He probably falls between our first and second but I want to talk about him anyway because I think if we go the EDGE route early he could be a great fit for us. Ossai is an explosive athlete who really came into his own this year. Texas D was up and down but one guy that was always consistent when watching Texas was Joseph Ossai. I love his motor and I love his explosion and ability to get from Point A to Point B. I like that his national exposure has risen in the draft process because it seemed like during the season he wasn't getting enough attention. I love the havoc this guy creates because of his range and motor... He reminds me of a pitbull at the dog park messing all the play time up for the little dogs... Great character guy who I feel has a high passion for the game and truly loves to play the game of football. A guy to keep on if we move down/up. My concerns with him would probably be fighting off blocks at the NFL level. His speed and explosion is his asset but how good is he when he has a body on him trying to fight off a block? He has a lot of upside and a lot of physical tools to work with. He is still learning the game as he is a bit raw, but he he hasn't been a one year wonder either as he has been impressive the last two years at Texas.

Here is some film if interested in watching.

Also love Azeez Ojulari, Georgia EDGE.... as he put together a pretty consistent. If you had the chance to see Ojulari in his bowl game he really stuck out above the rest. I think his best football ahead. EDGE surely is not the top of our need list, but always a fun position to consider. Both of these guys fall between our 1 and 2, but that really doesn't mean a lot... The possibility is always there.

I am so/so on Owusu-Karamoh... Position could be an issue. I never quite got the love for Clemson S/LB Isaiah Simmons last year. Simmons struggled this year but started to come on towards the end of the season so we will see on him. I am rooting for him. Just wasn't as sold as some people who were crowning him a star. Owusu-Karamoh I see what excited people but he makes me pretty nervous.

It seems pretty obvious we are likely to take an off the ball LB in the draft this year... EDGE will be interesting... EDGE really is one of those positions I feel can easily fall in your lap and is too hard to pass up based on value.

It feels like an off the ball LB is something we are looking for in every draft..... Only to end up trading for guys like Dekota Watson to stop gap the depth of it.

I like Johnson and Jewell and Jewell really stepped up last year but I think Fangio wants that DOG!!! It will be interesting to see what happens with Johnson and Jewell in the offseason if I am to guess Johnson will be a high priority for us next year but it all depends on how he plays this year in his contract year. I feel this position is something we will highly consider but also not a position we will reach for in this draft because the two guys we have proved they can play, but it is an area where we have two guys as UFA's next year and a position where Fangio really seeks a dog who will smack you in the face and do it over and over again..... So we will see.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the other hand - if you don't find a few exceptions to the rule - you will always be mediocre. Not suggesting that you should draft them high. ;)

Reactions: CEH

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any word on the vibe coming from Bronco country after Miami’s trade?

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am finding the lull between free agency and the draft more boring then normal. With Elway we had ideas of what direction the Broncos were going, but with Paton I have no idea, and I do not have time to research every possible prospect, so I am just waiting the seeming unending wait for the draft to start in 32 days 22 hours and 10 minutes.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am finding the lull between free agency and the draft more boring then normal. With Elway we had ideas of what direction the Broncos were going, but with Paton I have no idea, and I do not have time to research every possible prospect, so I am just waiting the seeming unending wait for the draft to start in 32 days 22 hours and 10 minutes.

Turn on some NASCAR and wait patiently. ;)