• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NFL Draft Discussion thread

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without further adieu, let’s talk about it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Crash's request to copy and paste a question I had about LB's and CB's, and I added a few other things in here. Transferring it over.

My top guys

CB
Shaun Wade, Ohio State (Nearly declared this year, can play CB or S)
Jaycee Horn, South Carolina
Patrick Surtain Jr, Alabama
Shawn Shamburger, Tennessee
Israel Mukamu, South Carolina
Paulsan Adebo, Stanford (So far not as high on him as others. I thought he had a down year last year after many thought he would declare and be a first rounder this year)
Josh Jobe, Alabama ( expect this guy to rise now that Diggs is in the NFL)
Marco Wilson, Florida

My favorite LB is Micah Parson of Penn State, he play on the inside. Athletic/freak. Actually considered him at PR did Penn State (probably more of a publicity stunt for him, but legit athletic ability like that)
Dylan Moses, LB, Alabama How has he recovered from his injury?

The EDGE position appears to be down a bit next year (at least early in the process) it will spike up once season rolls around.

Greg Rousseau of Miami is the top guy right now.
Joe Tyron of Washington might be the next one but going into the 2021 season but he doesn't JUMP out at me.. Right now there may not be an EDGE I would touch until the later portion of Round 1. Again, this will change once the season rolls around. er.

Carlos Basham might actually be my favorite EDGE right now. Guy from Wake Forest. Still pretty raw, but he gets pressure on the QB. I am excited to see how he develops this year.

ILB Paddy Fisher is a tackle machine. A more athletic Josey Jewell coming out. Not an athletic freak though.

Love Micah Parsons, I think he can be a top 10 pick. After that it is really wide open. I think Carlos Basham is most intriguing at EDGE, but he is very raw still.

My top 10 next year would be
1. Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
2. Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
3. Penai Sewell, OL, Oregon
4. Walker Little, OL, Stanford
5. Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU
6. Greg Rousseau, EDGE, Miami (FL)
7. Justyn Ross, WR, Clemson
8. Shaun Wade, CB, Ohio State
9. Patrick Surtain Jr, CB, Alabama
10. Micah Parson, LB, Penn State

Not a top 10 NFL prospect, but probably a late Round 1, early Round 2 guy that I have talked about here since his FR year that I love is Clemson RB Travis Etienne, some of the best vision and explosion you will see at the RB position.

I'd also note that IMO... The top two CB's in college football next year will be non draft eligible CB's in
LSU CB Derek Stingley Jr
Florida CB Kaiir Elam

Stingley is the best FR CB I have ever seen. He could have literally made the jump from HS to NFL starter last year, IMO.. That is how good he is. I've never seen anything like him at CB... If he goes at the rate he is going he will be a Hall of Fame, lockdown, elite, one of the best CBs to ever play the game... Issue now is that he has so much pressure because of how good he was as a FR.

Elam is going to be elite as too.

Stingley is just in another world. If you haven't seen much of him, make sure you watch him this year... (Now watch him let me down) but he is insanely good.

Alabama's amazing WR core isn't going anywhere either.

Jaylen Waddle and Devonta Smith have speed for days and are strong candidates to hear their names called in Round 1. Another pretty good WR draft going into next year with Chase and Ross at the top as big, fast WR's.. Waddle and Smith speed guys.

Seth Williams a big WR at Auburn should be pretty well known after this season too. He makes some great catches and has a big athletic frame.

OT draft is pretty good.

I listed my top two in the top 10, but there is also Trey Smith of Tennessee, Jalen Mayfield of Michigan, Alex Leatherwood Alabama and Texas' Sam Cosimi.

Also should mention my love for Ohio State WR Chris Olave next year... If things go well WR won't even be a consideration for us, but I want to bring him up. Outstanding route runner, very smart, can stretch the field with route seperation. I liked him way better than any of the 3 Ohio State WR's in this years draft...

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, now that you got that off your chest, let’s talk about 2022...

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 Denver Broncos Draft Pick Tracker

Round 1-
Round 2-
Round 3-
Round 4-
Round 5-
Round 6-
Round 7 (from Cleveland)-
Round 7

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 Denver Broncos Draft Pick Tracker

Round 1-
Round 2-
Round 3-
Round 4-
Round 5-
Round 6-
Round 7 (from Cleveland)-
Round 7

This will not do. We need at least 11 picks each year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incoming Georgia FR recruit CB Kelee Ringo (Not Mingo) but keep an eye on this kid. He will be special.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you again.:suds:

This year I am going to watch way more College football. At least I hope we all do ..:thumb:

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LB is Micah Parson of Penn State . Is who I want us to draft in the first round next year.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LB is Micah Parson of Penn State . Is who I want us to draft in the first round next year.

I looked up a 2021 mock draft and they had us picking 19 and Parson was the pick .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need speed!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micah Parsons nearly committed to Florida but I won’t hold that against him, unless he ends up a divisional rival.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yes- Not a position we likely look at next year unless we failed big time this year but.

You can't talk about the 2021 Draft without bringing up

Purdue WR Rondale Moore (One of the most if not the most exciting players in the nation) was great his FR year, injured most of lat year) if you haven't seen him please go check out his highlight film. He is a treat to watch.

Wake Forest WR Sage Surratt (Stayed in college this year, smart choice, had a great year lat year, but the WR class was so deep and he got hurt at the very end of the season)... He will be a RS JR this year so was eligible lat year... Amazing athlete, with really good speed and size. Lost his starting QB this year Jamie Newman (Transfer to Georgia/Also a good prospect this year) but Sam Hartman remains there, and he has a lot of talent at the QB spot.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Buffs - a slim graduating class.

Mustafa Johnson DT - he's the type of DT/DE teams like the Broncos are going to -quick first step and a penetrator. Probably a day two guy with a good season.

Nate Landman - ILB - Nate is a really good linebacker - great tackler. In the 2nd half of last season he all of a saddened showed promise as a zone pass defender. If Landman continues to develop as a 3rd down linebacker - he is also a day two candidate.

Akil Jones - ILB - Great measurables for Jones - had a great finish to last season. He is not as good as Landman, but may have a higher ceiling. Rd 6- FA

JD Nixon - WR - Nixon was smart and went back to school at CU. Right now he is about a Rnd 6 to FA talent. If college football gets played -he will be a featured player for the Buffs and may elevate his draft status. He would be a good late round fantasy sleeper if you asked me.

Damion Rakestraw - S - Big guy - appears fast, Hard nosed player had a bit of a breakout season last year. If he puts together a big season and nails a combine invite - he could be an early day 3 pick.

Kary Kush - OG - he might get a UDFA contract - didn't play a lot last year, but did well when he did play. I don't know where his measurables will be.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD Dixon not JD. ;)

I am curious how he will do this year. Shenault and Brown gone so he will be depended on heavily. Not over excited about him but he is a playmaker.

Mustafa Johnson is definitely the most intriguing prospect on Colorado.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I hope is we don't pay for MLB
Oh yes- Not a position we likely look at next year unless we failed big time this year but.

You can't talk about the 2021 Draft without bringing up

Purdue WR Rondale Moore (One of the most if not the most exciting players in the nation) was great his FR year, injured most of lat year) if you haven't seen him please go check out his highlight film. He is a treat to watch.

Wake Forest WR Sage Surratt (Stayed in college this year, smart choice, had a great year lat year, but the WR class was so deep and he got hurt at the very end of the season)... He will be a RS JR this year so was eligible lat year... Amazing athlete, with really good speed and size. Lost his starting QB this year Jamie Newman (Transfer to Georgia/Also a good prospect this year) but Sam Hartman remains there, and he has a lot of talent at the QB spot.

The only way we don't draft a WR next year early is if we average 27 points a game. we do that late WR at best next year.

My money is we draft a WR somewhat early. 2nd round would not surprise me.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC has made Elway realize we need Speed again!

I bet @nflbronco will like this post

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I hope is we don't pay for MLB

The only way we don't draft a WR next year early is if we average 27 points a game. we do that late WR at best next year.

My money is we draft a WR somewhat early. 2nd round would not surprise me.

So you don’t have faith in which of the top 5 receiving options:
Sutton
Jeudy
Hamler
Fant
Gordon

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don’t have faith in which of the top 5 receiving options:
Sutton
Jeudy
Hamler
Fant
Gordon

All of them but 27 points a game average might be hard to do because I bet we will not have a lot of camp time. Preseason might be it. I doubt we get passing camp

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeahhh- I don’t see us going WR early next year. That would be mean something very bad happens between now and next year.

Hopefully we don’t have a Tyreek Hill (2019) issue right before the draft or something else bad happen where we are looking at drafting WR early in 2021. That or KJ Hamler jusy looks terrible so we have to take a mulligan. As much as I love drafting WR and DB, lets hope we feel confident enough not to have to target WR early barring some amazing value situation.