• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NFL Draft Discussion thread

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have to be careful about not reaching for a safety though. I’ve said it before but what we can get at safety in round 2 we may be able to get in round 4.

They should have gone with my mock last year and taken Jeremy Chinn. ;)

Where do you have someone like Trevon Moehrig ranked?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like a trade back and the kid from TCU
Wonder what they think of Parson? Is he as good as Roquan. That’s Vics standard for ILber

All defensive players may be on the board at 9 and Mac jones

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like a trade back and the kid from TCU
Wonder what they think of Parson? Is he as good as Roquan. That’s Vics standard for ILber

All defensive players may be on the board at 9 and Mac jones
I think he is real good

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you have someone like Trevon Moehrig ranked?

Last mock I had Moehrig in round 1 to the Saints. That was right before Marcus Williams was tagged. I have him in that late first range. Ravens in Round 1 would probably be where I would have him if I did a mock today. I think he will only move up from there.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last mock I had Moehrig in round 1 to the Saints. That was right before Marcus Williams was tagged. I have him in that late first range. Ravens in Round 1 would probably be where I would have him if I did a mock today. I think he will only move up from there.

Well then I’d be thrilled if we can trade down to around 20 and take him.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamar Johnson . What do u think? 3rd Rnd S

Has a starter grade by year 2 by nfl.com

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamar Johnson . What do u think? 3rd Rnd S

Has a starter grade by year 2 by nfl.com

Glad you brought up Johnson. He is one of the more underrated S's this year IMO.... I don't know how much people around here were able to watchi Indiana this year, but they have something good going on there. They were very good this year. Their QB Michael Pennix was terrific. A left handed QB who can run and pass. He ended up tearing his ACL and everyone thought Indiana would flop and they ended up finishing the season well even without Pennix. Johnson was a guy that caught my attention. He really came out of nowhere this year. He is all over the field. I love his ability to explode to the football and be around the ball. Not sure if anyone has notices yet, but one big thing I look/love for in prospects is "explosion" and for DB's the first thing I look for besides "can he cover" and "can he tackle", is their ability to be around the football and explode to the ball. Johnson does just that. I think Johnson is a good scheme fit for us as well. He needs work in man to man coverage. Not a guy I want running with NFL WR's man to man down the field... If he asked to do a lot of man to man I think he will get himself into trouble. If you ask him to read and react I think he will turn out a very nice NFL safety. I love his range and how he gets to the ball.

Ask him to come up and support the run and read and react and cover underneath and I think he will be successful in the NFL. Ask him to cover one on one and depend on him in deep coverage and I think he will struggle in the NFL. Johnson is a guy that I think if he stays in college he becomes one of the top S prospects in next years draft.

Right now I would put him in that early day 3 range with the ability to move up into Day 2. He is sorta in that cluster of S's right now that I have been talking about in that Rd 3/4 range but I think his upside is higher then most S's in that pack because he did show so much as a JR. He also has good size. I haven't seen his proday numbers or even know when Indiana's proday is and he is a guy I am really intiruged to see how his number end up. I know when I do my year 7 round mock with other NFL fans repping the other 31 teams in early April depending on what Denver does in the next few weeks at safety he is going to be one of those mid round S guys I target I think he would be a nice target to come in and learn under Simmons/FA safety and can end up a starter for us. I also think he can come in right away and make an impact on special teams while he develops for us as a safety.

I also REALLY like Pitt S Demar Hamlin. Everytime I watched Pitt this year he was the most impressive DB on the field to me. Paris Ford gets a lot of hype, but I was more impressed by Hamlin. Ford opted out early so didn't get to see a full season of him but I thought Ford was much better last year then this year and Hamlin really consistently showed me he has what it takes to play in the NFL. Johnson and Hamlina are two guys I really would like to see Denver target as a developmental S who can help us on special teams right away and start for us down the line.

Another guy I have talked about on here a lot is Joshuah Bledsoe of Missouri. I don't see him as an elite safety or anything like that, but I think he is going to play in the NFL for a very long time as a dependable, versatile football player. Maybe a bit like a David Bruton. I have been giving this guy a lot of draft love in my recent draft takes.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we can find that guy to match up with TEs this year. If it is a LB or S. Maybe Strnad is that guy but we as fans do not know. With the TEs in our division having 2 guys with the ability to cover a TE is a good thing.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we can find that guy to match up with TEs this year. If it is a LB or S. Maybe Strnad is that guy but we as fans do not know. With the TEs in our division having 2 guys with the ability to cover a TE is a good thing.

This is why I really would have liked to see us go after a guy like Keanu Neal who just signed with the Cowgirls.

Maybe George Paton can lure Harrison Smith to us down the line... Oh yeah... And Justin Jefferson. ;)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like an pass rushing DT will be high on the list. Maybe Levi from Washington.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We arre short 1-3 draft picks. I figure 10-12 picks is Minn standard

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hope we have are eye on Milton Williams of La Tech. Really like him.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George skipped the Bama pro day
Went to USC pro day east coast version