• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's just mean. Adam's looks like a brawler.
Gentle giant but he is the youngest of like 19 kids and he grew up in a New Zealand gang. Not someone you would want mad I don’t think. All the years with the thunder I always wanted to see him mad and never did, even when green was playing with his nuts.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is friends with the unnamed Exec and according to beat writers Lebron went into the visitors locker room when Cavs were in LA to see him.

This is Lebron exaggerating again and creating a narrative for himself IMO to get worked up. Lebron's actually pretty good and has been known to go off in the 4th qtr.

i don't know about exaggeration as far as it happening. But it's definitely a bit of that same "pettiness" that drives a lot of great players at times.

Them being friends would actually make it a better story, imo. Who wouldn't want to stick it to a friend like that?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Drummond would be needing his "touches" in which he just puts his head down and is going to shoot no matter what on a team that doesn't need him to score. While TT isn't as "good" as Drummond, he's a better fit, imo. They get the defense and rebounding without having to call plays for him.

One thing I would like about Drummond in Boston is it would give the Celtics a legit low post scorer. Maybe give the jump shooters a little more time since he can put the biscuit in the basket. I'm thirsty.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Drummond would be needing his "touches" in which he just puts his head down and is going to shoot no matter what on a team that doesn't need him to score. While TT isn't as "good" as Drummond, he's a better fit, imo. They get the defense and rebounding without having to call plays for him.
Yep. Like the guy but I've seen this......often he gets the ball and isn't giving it up until he exhausts all avenues to get his shot. Not often he gets a pass then moves it quickly to another open guy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't know about exaggeration as far as it happening. But it's definitely a bit of that same "pettiness" that drives a lot of great players at times.

Them being friends would actually make it a better story, imo. Who wouldn't want to stick it to a friend like that?
totally agree. It definitely happened. And no doubt great to stick it to a buddy. But this was played up way too much IMO. I've heard Cavs' fans rip FO for it. Something tells me Lebron has seen/heard worse than a guy clapping loudly after a miss.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I would like about Drummond in Boston is it would give the Celtics a legit low post scorer. Maybe give the jump shooters a little more time since he can put the biscuit in the basket. I'm thirsty.
I don't know the mindset of those shooters but would they get frustrated knowing once Drummond got the ball in the post (or often out of the post) it was not coming back to them?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentle giant but he is the youngest of like 19 kids and he grew up in a New Zealand gang. Not someone you would want mad I don’t think. All the years with the thunder I always wanted to see him mad and never did, even when green was playing with his nuts.

Yeah I remember hearing about SA's family. 18 brothers & sisters. Holy shit. Can't even imagine the fighting. Hasn't one of his sisters won Olympic gold?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I remember hearing about SA's family. 18 brothers & sisters. Holy shit. Can't even imagine the fighting. Hasn't one of his sisters won Olympic gold?
She medaled in the shot put.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking this....if they win this year and 2 more.....

He'd have 7 and be 7-6 in the Finals.....people were always ripping him for being sub .500 in the Finals. Not seeing the bigger picture of making it to double digit Finals.....
Yep...and that argument by them is, sorry, absurd. Like he'd be better if he went down early (like MJ did) and was 4-0 in the Finals now? Then 6-0 if he won 2 more?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know the mindset of those shooters but would they get frustrated knowing once Drummond got the ball in the post (or often out of the post) it was not coming back to them?

Good point. Didn't think of that. Is he known as a ballhog? If so would probably wouldn't be a good fit. Not really fimiliar with his style of play because I haven't seen maybe of him games.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She medaled in the shot put.

Winning an Olympic gold is damn impressive. Speaking of the Olympics is it true that break dancing is now an Olympic event?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol if it hasn’t changed then it hasn’t changed. Just saying it can change doesn’t make it happen.
It can never change....for you

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because they are willing to take into account the continuing achievements of LeBron. The MJ partisans are stuck and can never change.

lol

So in other words, they are just as stubborn. Lebron partisans are just as stuck and aren't willing to take into account how great he truly was or try to discount what MJ did. Additionally, many Lebron partisans never saw MJ play except maybe for the Wizards, if that.

My son is 24. MJ retired the first time when he was 1. He retired the 2nd time when my son was 6. He's not a Lebron partisan, but many in his age group are and are just as "stubborn" despite having only seen highlights of MJ.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can never change....for you
Well the odds of Lebron getting better at this point aren’t great, but I’m open minded about it if he does. Maybe his son will be the one, never know.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he liked that :noidea:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no agenda or bias. At this point I think we can agree we have seen Lebrons best. It does not match up to MJs best in my opinion. If at some point that changes I will know it. If career achievements were all that matters we would see Russels name mentioned more right?
assuming you are a football fan who is the better RB, Terrell Davis or Emmitt Smith in your opinion? Davis or Payton?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

So in other words, they are just as stubborn. Lebron partisans are just as stuck and aren't willing to take into account how great he truly was or try to discount what MJ did. Additionally, many Lebron partisans never saw MJ play except maybe for the Wizards, if that.

My son is 24. MJ retired the first time when he was 1. He retired the 2nd time when my son was 6. He's not a Lebron partisan, but many in his age group are and are just as "stubborn" despite having only seen highlights of MJ.
Sure there are partisans for both. Then there are nonpartisan like me who don't have a set opinion. MJ was clearly GOAT to me, and still is, but LeBron keeps doing things to make my opinion change and I may someday put LeBron over him. Or maybe not. Others are set and can never change their opinion.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's just mean. Adam's looks like a brawler.

I bet no one wants to see Marcin Gortat in a boxing ring. Father was a two time bronze medalist in boxing and his brothers were also professional boxers. I'm sure he has some skills in the ring.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
assuming you are a football fan who is the better RB, Terrell Davis or Emmitt Smith in your opinion? Davis or Payton?

Terrell Davis was probably the more explosive runner than Smith, but you can't deny Smith's numbers. But Payton is the GOAT.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part that gets me about MJ is that he won 6 championships in 8 years, and the 2 years he didn't win was because he didn't play. That's mind boggling.

Fatigue could have definitely set in at some point, but it's not unfathomable to think he may have rolled off 8 straight had he not retired for that year and half. After his last championship he was only 34 and was the MVP that year. If the Bulls didn't "force" him into retirement and decided to keep that team together, they could have gone for another championship or two.

Think about everything that needs to go right in order just to 3 peat. The Warriors were loaded and even they couldn't pull off the 3 peat. There have been only Five 3-peats in history and Jordan has 2 of them.

Even with all the shoulda, coulda, woulda with Jordan, I still think his legacy on the basketball court is unmatched. Oh and he was one of the best defensive players in the history of the NBA, as a side note.
Think maybe a coulda, shoulda, woulda in a sense is he was forced into retirement. He could have stuck around and taken a more difficult road to another title.

do think we were all cheated not to get a Bulls-Houston Finals with MJ, though.