• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already get offensive rebounding from TT and he's no slouch on D. Drummond better when he wants to be but seems to take more plays off than TT did.

as I said, just in talent Drummond is better. Depends on fit and I don't watch them enough to know.
TT could come off the bench.....they'd probably deal Theis.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see any discussion of Lebron's flagrant last night. Had any other player done that move, would they have been ejected?

I don’t think most players get ejected for doing that.

A player with a rep for being dirty probably would. Players with clean images tend to get the benefit of the doubt.

So yeah, Embiid might have gotten tossed for that. Grayson Allen or Draymond Green would have.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no agenda or bias. At this point I think we can agree we have seen Lebrons best. It does not match up to MJs best in my opinion. If at some point that changes I will know it. If career achievements were all that matters we would see Russels name mentioned more right?
I actually think the opposite....maybe not scoring wise at MJ’s peak but all-around game. Yeah Lebron is right there especially when it came to in the Finals. He beat some of the best teams ever in the Finals...MJ not so much. Really, if it wasn’t for the Pistons and C’s falling off and older at the time, MJ would have never been MJ. I’ve seen both at their peak but it weighs heavily on 2 three-peats. MJ wouldn’t be three peating in today’s league. You still have to take in account the era’s. Their peaks are different but both are the highest we’ve ever seen. Longevity does matter when it comes to GOAT status just like rings will. Lebron will pretty much match MJ’s peak (when you compare era’s), he will have the longevity we’ve never seen from a player. His prime will be the longest we’ve ever witnessed (already is) and if he gets another ring or two plus those almost unbreakable records some thought would never be broken...he will have everything you want in a GOAT status. Peak is an aspect but not everything....that being said I don’t think their peaks are very different.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think most players get ejected for doing that.

A player with a rep for being dirty probably would. Players with clean images tend to get the benefit of the doubt.

So yeah, Embiid might have gotten tossed for that. Grayson Allen or Draymond Green would have.

I'd like to see Dray fight Grayson Allen.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no agenda or bias. At this point I think we can agree we have seen Lebrons best. It does not match up to MJs best in my opinion. If at some point that changes I will know it. If career achievements were all that matters we would see Russels name mentioned more right?
Good points but please don't try to sell you not having bias

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hell yeah!!! Boneless N.Y. strip steaks on sale at the grocery store. Picked up $80 worth, 8 streaks, for $36.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hell yeah!!! Boneless N.Y. strip steaks on sale at the grocery store. Picked up $80 worth, 8 streaks, for $36.
Cooking ribeyes on Friday for the fiancee.....wish me well.....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, not what I was saying at all. What I was saying is that your opinion is now cemented and nothing anyone can do can change it, even if he wins 9 titles you'll still think MJ was better. But because it's an opinion, you aren't "wrong" per se. Just stubborn.

Is someone who thinks Lebron already passed MJ any less stubborn?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think the opposite....maybe not scoring wise at MJ’s peak but all-around game. Yeah Lebron is right there especially when it came to in the Finals. He beat some of the best teams ever in the Finals...MJ not so much. Really, if it wasn’t for the Pistons and C’s falling off and older at the time, MJ would have never been MJ. I’ve seen both at their peak but it weighs heavily on 2 three-peats. MJ wouldn’t be three peating in today’s league. You still have to take in account the era’s. Their peaks are different but both are the highest we’ve ever seen. Longevity does matter when it comes to GOAT status just like rings will. Lebron will pretty much match MJ’s peak (when you compare era’s), he will have the longevity we’ve never seen from a player. His prime will be the longest we’ve ever witnessed (already is) and if he gets another ring or two plus those almost unbreakable records some thought would never be broken...he will have everything you want in a GOAT status. Peak is an aspect but not everything....that being said I don’t think their peaks are very different.
The part that gets me about MJ is that he won 6 championships in 8 years, and the 2 years he didn't win was because he didn't play. That's mind boggling.

Fatigue could have definitely set in at some point, but it's not unfathomable to think he may have rolled off 8 straight had he not retired for that year and half. After his last championship he was only 34 and was the MVP that year. If the Bulls didn't "force" him into retirement and decided to keep that team together, they could have gone for another championship or two.

Think about everything that needs to go right in order just to 3 peat. The Warriors were loaded and even they couldn't pull off the 3 peat. There have been only Five 3-peats in history and Jordan has 2 of them.

Even with all the shoulda, coulda, woulda with Jordan, I still think his legacy on the basketball court is unmatched. Oh and he was one of the best defensive players in the history of the NBA, as a side note.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is someone who thinks Lebron already passed MJ any less stubborn?
Yes, because they are willing to take into account the continuing achievements of LeBron. The MJ partisans are stuck and can never change.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooking ribeyes on Friday for the fiancee.....wish me well.....

For one of the steaks gonna try a new recipe. Throwing the thing in crockpot. When it's done gonna melt some limburger cheese on it.

I puked typing that. :puke:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because they are willing to take into account the continuing achievements of LeBron. The MJ partisans are stuck and can never change.
Lol if it hasn’t changed then it hasn’t changed. Just saying it can change doesn’t make it happen.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already get offensive rebounding from TT and he's no slouch on D. Drummond better when he wants to be but seems to take more plays off than TT did.

Also, Drummond would be needing his "touches" in which he just puts his head down and is going to shoot no matter what on a team that doesn't need him to score. While TT isn't as "good" as Drummond, he's a better fit, imo. They get the defense and rebounding without having to call plays for him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will never be the goat in a lot of peoples eyes because of how he went about things. Just how it is, differences in people.
Everyone entitled to opinion but not sure why those with that opinion ignore one basic fact......no max deals when MJ was playing. Not possible MJ would have stuck it to Krause if NY or someone else could offer nearly the same as the Bulls?