• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a lot of talk over the years on how the Thunder mismanaged Harden by trading him when they did. Of course it can always be argued either way and there is no way to know what might of happened. Watching Presti all the years since I am confident in one thing though, Presti knew enough to know this was not a guy he cared to deal with much.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah thats a huge part of it.

Harden is 31 and every big time player that goes there to play with him is begging to get out shortly thereafter. Paul leaves and all of a sudden his value is re-established and plays amazing basketball. It will be interesting to see what happens with RW.

I dont know if Harden is super valuable- if he was i think you would see teams really going after him- we dont know the specific offers but it sure seems like no one is giving up a Jrue Holliday level package to go and get him.

You would rather have Beal wouldnt you?

If the Griz offered Ja Morant - harden would be gone in an instant.

Sure, I would rather have Beal.

But, I don’t think Beal gets drafted ahead of Harden in redraft. My choice has a lot to do with fit. Beal is not a better player than Harden.

Even considering guys like Kyrie and a Paul George over Harden is crazy. Kyrie is like poor man’s Harden.

And I don’t think guys like Fox or even Booker go before Harden either. Those guys all have flaws in their games and are either already off rookie deals, or about to be.

Probably Booker goes first, but that is close, IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a lot of talk over the years on how the Thunder mismanaged Harden by trading him when they did. Of course it can always be argued either way and there is no way to know what might of happened. Watching Presti all the years since I am confident in one thing though, Presti knew enough to know this was not a guy he cared to deal with much.

Not sure that is fair though.

Harden turned into the player, and the locker room monster that he is in Houston.

He wouldn’t have ever been the “leader” in OKC and he wouldn’t have been allowed to get away with all the crap he has on Russ and KD’s team.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that is fair though.

Harden turned into the player, and the locker room monster that he is in Houston.

He wouldn’t have ever been the “leader” in OKC and he wouldn’t have been allowed to get away with all the crap he has on Russ and KD’s team.
I’m just saying there were warning signs, I mean fans in Okc even heard the rumors that he was not well liked and was a head case.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden out there looking like motherfucking Rick Ross.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I would rather have Beal.

But, I don’t think Beal gets drafted ahead of Harden in redraft. My choice has a lot to do with fit. Beal is not a better player than Harden.

Even considering guys like Kyrie and a Paul George over Harden is crazy. Kyrie is like poor man’s Harden.

And I don’t think guys like Fox or even Booker go before Harden either. Those guys all have flaws in their games and are either already off rookie deals, or about to be.

Probably Booker goes first, but that is close, IMO.
whether its trade value- or starting a team- i am absolutely taking Booker- no doubt about it---- and definitly taking Fox too

You really think the Rockets would hesitate to take Fox for Harden at this point?

i mean we have Miami fans hwere saying they wouldnt give up Bam for Harden.

Im looking at the comments on the Athletic article - and the Toronto fans are saying they would never want to give up Siakam to get Harden.

no way would the Twolves give up Towns. You said the Wiz wouldnt consider giving up Beal. Donovan Mitchell? no way the Jazz would deal him for Harden. ID absoutely take Mitchell.

Morant and Zion would definitely go before hand. The #1 pick in next years draft- Cunningham would have way more value.

What about Trae Young? Trae Young would def. go before Harden.

kyrie is as nutty as squirrel shit but hes younger, under contract - is in actual decent shape, and cares about winning. No way would the Nets take Harden over Kyrie right now.

Ingram is a tough decision- seems like a good kid, young tlaneted, etc...i dunno about that one.

Murray and Jokic? Nuggets would rather have either guy no doubt.
Id put Harden somewhere around 25-32.

Thats nothing to say of guys like Durant, AD, LeBron, Lillard,

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whether its trade value- or starting a team- i am absolutely taking Booker- no doubt about it---- and definitly taking Fox too

You really think the Rockets would hesitate to take Fox for Harden at this point?

Im looking at the comments on the Athletic article - and the Toronto fans are saying they would never want to give up Siakam to get Harden.

no way would the Twolves give up Towns. You said the Wiz wouldnt consider giving up Beal. Donovan Mitchell? no way the Jazz would deal him for Harden. ID absoutely take Mitchell.

Morant and Zion would definitely go before hand. The #1 pick in next years draft- Cunningham would have way more value.

kyrie is as nutty as squirrel shit but hes younger, under contract - is in actual decent shape, and cares about winning. No way would the Nets take Harden over Kyrie right now.

Ingram is a tough decision- seems like a good kid, young tlaneted, etc...i dunno about that one.

Not being willing to trade a player for another is a lot different than drafting from scratch.

Harden isn’t an easy guy to fit on a made roster because of his style.

So no, I wouldn’t trade Beal for Harden. But I would absolutely draft Harden ahead of Beal because he is a better player and I can more easily build a contender around Harden as my star. Ditto for Bam.

And while Houston might trade Harden for Fox today, it is ONLY because Harden wants out. If he wanted to be in Houston, there is no way the Rockets would deal him for Fox, or Bam, or Beal, or Simmons.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyrie might say that he cares about winning.

But to date, his actions say otherwise.

Don’t think you can say Kyrie cares about winning and Harden doesn’t.

Both players want to win. Both players also have character flaws that make it difficult for teammates to work with them. And that negatively impacts winning.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i actually think thats a good trade for Philly. Harden is a much better fit with Embiid than Simmons. And Simmons sure has not distinguished himself. If they want to win-now---- id make a deal centered around that if the rest is reasonable for Philly.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dun Dun Dun

No Way Omg GIF by Laff