• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden is out there looking like Rick Ross

Never see why he is so hyped...He's really just not that good...His style is even worse

Just stop.

Hate on his style all you want.

But not that good?

Harden is a middling athlete by NBA standards, yet he has won a bunch of scoring titles. He is in the conversation for most skilled NBA player of all time. Not sure I would want him on my team because of his style.

But Yes, he is pretty good.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stop.

Hate on his style all you want.

But not that good?

Harden is a middling athlete by NBA standards, yet he has won a bunch of scoring titles. He is in the conversation for most skilled NBA player of all time. Not sure I would want him on my team because of his style.

But Yes, he is pretty good.
if the NBA had a re-draft of the entire league tomorrow would Harden go in the top 25? The top 30?

at this point- with how he looks....ehhh i dunno. Especially considering a lot of the young talent out their that you could build with.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slam Dunks Guys Id Take Over Harden if a re-draft of the league happened tomorrow---

1. J. Tatum
2. K. Durant
3. Kyrie
4. Embiid
5. Giannis
6. J. Butler
7. B. Beal
8. N. Jokic
9. K. Towns
10. Lillard
11. D. Mitchell
12. S. Curry
13. K. Leonard
14. P. George (ehhhh)
15. LBJ
16. A. Davis
17. D. Booker
18. D. Fox (if the Kings offered Fox for Harden- the Rockets would take it in a heartbeat)
19. L. Doncic
20. Z. Williamson
21. B. Ingram (maybe should be on the next list)
22. Ja Morant

Guys That I Would Have to Think About Considering Age, Wear-and-Tear, Salary, Upside , Attitude, Etc.
1. J. Brown
2. P. Siakam
3. B. Simmons
4. J. Holiday
5. T. Young
6. B. Adebayo
7. J. Murray (should prob. be on the top list)
8. SGA
9. McCollum
10. Rudy Gobert
11. D. Ayton

12. J. Jackson Jr.
13. J. Collins
14. Some other young cheap guys with upside

Next years top 3-6 picks.

I do not know where to fit in Chris Paul, Klay Thompson, Porzingis, Westbrook, Kemba

Anyone I am missing?

Going over this list I looked at a few teams that I just hate the rosters- because of the lack of upside- cant really compete now- just no mans land--- Spurs, Pistons, Magic (even the Knicks to a certain extent)

Rosters I liked more than i thought I would- Memphis, Phoenix, Denver.

Wait and See--- Wizards- Who knows with RW. Beal is great. They have actually developed a decent front court with Bertans and Bryant. Avdija and Hachimura at least are a little interesting.

And i gotta give the Cavs something. Sexton, Garland, Okoro, Windler, Porter is actually a nice little core of some talented hard working young guys. And I gotta say- a Love/Drummond/Nance front court is actually kind of imposing.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the NBA had a re-draft of the entire league tomorrow would Harden go in the top 25? The top 30?

at this point- with how he looks....ehhh i dunno. Especially considering a lot of the young talent out their that you could build with.

Top 25?

Yes. For sure.

And half the names picked ahead of him would be because of youth and salary reasons, not ability.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say it's bad but I'm not convinced half the superstars out there aren't given the same leeway.

All superstar players get some sort of leeway and to a certain extent, kind of run their franchises. But, it all comes down to how much the franchise will allow.

Most franchises set a limit that they are willing to deal with. For example, it's not entirely unusual for teams to run it by their superstar player when they are looking to add or move a player, they will have a certain amount of influence on things like practice times, the system a team runs, etc.

Most of the rank and file players know this and accept it. But when that teams practices are set up around a players strip club schedule and/or that player is consistently late for practices and team flights because they were at the strip club too late...guys tend to be bothered.

Apparently even Westbrook thought the catering to Harden was ridiculous and used to try to get the team to start practices without him and would be told "We'd have to start over for him anyway.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody had a significant other have a hysterectomy? This shit sucks.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All superstar players get some sort of leeway and to a certain extent, kind of run their franchises. But, it all comes down to how much the franchise will allow.

Most franchises set a limit that they are willing to deal with. For example, it's not entirely unusual for teams to run it by their superstar player when they are looking to add or move a player, they will have a certain amount of influence on things like practice times, the system a team runs, etc.

Most of the rank and file players know this and accept it. But when that teams practices are set up around a players strip club schedule and/or that player is consistently late for practices and team flights because they were at the strip club too late...guys tend to be bothered.

Apparently even Westbrook thought the catering to Harden was ridiculous and used to try to get the team to start practices without him and would be told "We'd have to start over for him anyway.
This.

And I am certain RW got away with certain shit in OKC but he's a more dedicated player than clearly Harden is. I wouldn't want the Lakers to have anything doing with Harden.....even if we didn't have LeBron or AD.

He looks really bad in that story.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes...easily lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, the article said this.

Blaming Harden is kind of like blaming the 7 year old kid for being spoiled.

Now the very best players, the all time greats want to be held accountable. Or at least hold themselves accountable.

The culture in Houston is why they couldn’t ever get over the hump. CP3 and Westbrook might not have rings either, but they wouldn’t tolerate what they rightly viewed as a losing culture.

And good for them.

RB Bills

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now the very best players, the all time greats want to be held accountable. Or at least hold themselves accountable.

The culture in Houston is why they couldn’t ever get over the hump. CP3 and Westbrook might not have rings either, but they wouldn’t tolerate what they rightly viewed as a losing culture.

And good for them.

Agreed, Houston is the reason why they are in that current situation they are in, they made their bed, time to lay in it!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...easily lol
i think its close....but a 31 year old that you have tobuild the entire team around that makes- what 40millon a year?

i dunno.

I mean- i had a pretty decent list above and i think it would be close either way.

if i could take Fox or Harden right now i take Fox hands down.

would you deal Bam a 25 year old Bam straight up for Harden?

i think there are more guys then you think. obviously Ja Morant and Zion would go above him.

Siakam? i dont know. I dont think the Raptors would trade a 26 year old Siakam for Harden at this point. Jamal Murray? Trae Young?

of course there are many of the high end guys that are a lock.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

And I am certain RW got away with certain shit in OKC but he's a more dedicated player than clearly Harden is. I wouldn't want the Lakers to have anything doing with Harden.....even if we didn't have LeBron or AD.

He looks really bad in that story.

Yeah, they were talking about it on Dan Patrick. Westbrook definitely got star treatment in OKC. But he was still serious about basketball and one of his big things apparently was practices, team flights, etc. being on time.

Reactions: DJ

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. Harden is an adult and in theory, should be able to "read the room" and understand that his crap wasn't going over well. But at the end of the day, the Rockets are to blame because they never told him no.

Kind of reminds me of when Lebron first went to Miami and started trying to get the same "perks" for himself and his friends that they enjoyed in Cleveland. The Heat let some of it happen, but there was a point where they told him no and stayed firm on it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 25?

Yes. For sure.

And half the names picked ahead of him would be because of youth and salary reasons, not ability.

yah thats a huge part of it.

Harden is 31 and every big time player that goes there to play with him is begging to get out shortly thereafter. Paul leaves and all of a sudden his value is re-established and plays amazing basketball. It will be interesting to see what happens with RW.

I dont know if Harden is super valuable- if he was i think you would see teams really going after him- we dont know the specific offers but it sure seems like no one is giving up a Jrue Holliday level package to go and get him.

You would rather have Beal wouldnt you?

If the Griz offered Ja Morant - harden would be gone in an instant.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And good for them.

Harden should want to stay in Houston after reading that article He's in for a rude awakening if he think he'll get away with half of this stuff on the teams he wants to get traded to

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Top 25?

Yes. For sure.

Yes...easily lol

I don't know. I think I tend to agree with Wiggy on this one. If the question is "would you consider Harden a top 25 player in the NBA", the answer is obviously a resounding yes.

But being in the top 25 in a re-draft where we know what we know now?

I'm not so sure a lot of franchises are going to be want a guy who is basically useless if he's not scoring, who makes the kind of demands that he does, seems to be more interested in making it rain at the strip club than winning basketball games and can't even get you past the 2nd round most years, let alone win a title.

And apparently, he's shown up out of shape for training camp as well as showing up late.