• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no debate he was also a top 5 all time player as well

There certainly is.

Because these 4 are cemented in ahead of Bird:

MJ
LeBron
Kareem
Magic

You can make a good case for Bird at 5. But there are a lot of other players you can put there too.

So, very debateable and most lists I have seen have Bird outside the top 5.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t even know if hero, achiewa, nunn, Robinson, olynyk, and, iggy works salary wise. But that’s basically the start

I prefer Beal of the 3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they'll be broke shortly after they've retired. On a separate note, don't think you could have a CPA without a Bachelor's degree, which dad decided to have his kids forgo college (the oldest doing 1 year).
you need 150 credit hours to be eligible to take the CPA exam.

usually when you graduate under-grad you have about 120 hours.........they make you get 30 extra hours- but it doesnt really matter what you get it in as long as you have enough accounting credits.

i was an accounting major in college--- and obviously got my 30 extra hours (and a helluva lot more) in law school.

I have thought about taking the CPA exam, but after the Bar Exam and i dont know if i could make myself go back into that mode again. It would be little more than a marketing tool at this point---but doing tax, estate planning, etc. and having a CPA as well as an ESQ. next to your name is certainly a nice little resume builder.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you need 150 credit hours to be eligible to take the CPA exam.

usually when you graduate under-grad you have about 120 hours.........they make you get 30 extra hours- but it doesnt really matter what you get it in as long as you have enough accounting credits.

i was an accounting major in college--- and obviously got my 30 extra hours (and a helluva lot more) in law school.

I have thought about taking the CPA exam, but after the Bar Exam and i dont know if i could make myself go back into that mode again. It would be little more than a marketing tool at this point---but doing tax, estate planning, etc. and having a CPA as well as an ESQ. next to your name is certainly a nice little resume builder.

you in estate planning/transactional?

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Riley was once asked by a reporter who he would choose to take the final shot with the game on the line. He quickly responded Michael Jordan and the reporter wrote it down and started to walk away. Riley stopped him though and added, but with my life on the line...I'll take Larry Bird. Don't under sell Larry Legend. For all of us that saw him play, he's a top fiver of all time.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Riley was once asked by a reporter who he would choose to take the final shot with the game on the line. He quickly responded Michael Jordan and the reporter wrote it down and started to walk away. Riley stopped him though and added, but with my life on the line...I'll take Larry Bird. Don't under sell Larry Legend. For all of us that saw him play, he's a top fiver of all time.

I was at Larry Legend's final NBA game back in '92. And one of my all time sports related highlights was meeting him during the '97 All Star Game weekend.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you think the Heat have an offer that would make the Rockets take a serious look- and if so what would it be?

it honestly depends how people view hero.

it’s really that simple imo.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you think the Heat have an offer that would make the Rockets take a serious look- and if so what would it be?

They do but I wouldn't be on board.

It would have to include Herro. If the Heat agree on sending Herro then it would be a rather easy deal to make IMO. They obviously aren't trading Bam, Jimmy, or Goran so the only other player off the table is likely Duncan

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it honestly depends how people view hero.

it’s really that simple imo.

Philly is the easiest trade to make. Simmons and a couple 1st round picks likely get the job done

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I can see into the future and someone tells me Harden buys into the Heat culture and plays real basketball then I'll do it because he is probably the best offensive player in the league or 2nd best at the lowest....but the way he played in Houston won't cut it here

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you in estate planning/transactional?
yah....i mostly started in transactional doing some MA stuff--- our firm is not huge- our biggest transaction is like 40 million.....and since i was low on the totem pole id usually just do due diligence and disclosure schedules etc.

now i mostly due EP and some tax stuff......we have a good enough EP practice where we do some fun stuff though - IDGT's, GRAT's, crummy letters/gifting etc. I have gotten to be a decent trust drafter. Tax wise I also have done a few OIC's for IRS/State of Ohio, innocent spouse relief, discharge of tax lien stuff. But now its mostly EP stuff and probate.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah....i mostly started in transactional doing some MA stuff--- our firm is not huge- our biggest transaction is like 40 million.....and since i was low on the totem pole id usually just do due diligence and disclosure schedules etc.

now i mostly due EP and some tax stuff......we have a good enough EP practice where we do some fun stuff though - IDGT's, GRAT's, crummy letters/gifting etc. I have gotten to be a decent trust drafter. Tax wise I also have done a few OIC's for IRS/State of Ohio, innocent spouse relief, discharge of tax lien stuff. But now its mostly EP stuff and probate.

yeah. That stuff seemed pretty cool.

but going to law school was a huge mistake for me

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah. That stuff seemed pretty cool.

but going to law school was a huge mistake for me
its a pain in the ass and id say half the people dont practice and the debt is crushing

maybe sleep joe can give us some relief!

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a pain in the ass and id say half the people dont practice and the debt is crushing

maybe sleep joe can give us some relief!
I worked my ass off, made huge sacrifices and paid mine off already.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw him play.

There are a lot of truly great players throughout the history of the game.

Putting Bird in the top 5 means leaving out guys like:

Wilt, Shaq, Hakeem, Kobe, etc.

Bird was a great player. But he is not universally top 5 of all time anymore.