• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told y’all okc should’ve gone after tht....

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now, which of you still thinks the Clippers are the best team in L. A....?

I know, preseason. But its still nice to wipe out the Clippers...

Reactions: DJ

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be a joke. Giannis likes to kid around, I wouldn't be shocked if he told him to do it

Nah.

That isn’t a very funny joke to the people of Milwaukee unless he comes out and signs the extension tomorrow.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard another good Larry Bird story. This one from Danny Ainge.

They were playing the Knicks and he and Larry Bird were out on the court shooting before the game and before the teams are out warming up. Bird starts shooting corner 3's and is banking them in.

A Knicks trainer is watching this and says to Bird..."I'll bet you $20 you can't hit that shot during the game". Bird says "You're on".

So, they're playing the game, the Celtics go up by 20 late in the 4th quarter, so the Celtics pull their starters and Bird hasn't attempted that shot. The Knicks trainer gets Bird's attention to let him know that he owes him $20. Bird isn't happy.

Well, the Knicks make a comeback, pull within 7 and the Celtics put the starters back in. First thing Bird does is shoot a corner 3 and banks it in.

Ainge is laughing and says "Larry was so cheap that it was more important to him to not have to pay the bet than it was to win the game". lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is of course impossibly early but Okoro seems like a stud thus far.

as i will say again- its early--- but it would be about time for the Cavs to catch a break in a draft like this and get a guy who can be a big time difference maker.

honestly- i dont know if i would trade him for anyone in the draft.

great work ethic, great athleticism, no fear. An athletic wing that loves to play defense and works hard.

i know its INSANELY early but i really really like what i have seen.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s no Pat McCaw yet but Wiseman looks so smooth. That’s a 7’1” center with a handle, pushing the break and nice touch on his shot. I can’t wait to see him in action. Also FWIW, he’s been running with the 1s during scrimmages.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard another good Larry Bird story. This one from Danny Ainge.

They were playing the Knicks and he and Larry Bird were out on the court shooting before the game and before the teams are out warming up. Bird starts shooting corner 3's and is banking them in.

A Knicks trainer is watching this and says to Bird..."I'll bet you $20 you can't hit that shot during the game". Bird says "You're on".

So, they're playing the game, the Celtics go up by 20 late in the 4th quarter, so the Celtics pull their starters and Bird hasn't attempted that shot. The Knicks trainer gets Bird's attention to let him know that he owes him $20. Bird isn't happy.

Well, the Knicks make a comeback, pull within 7 and the Celtics put the starters back in. First thing Bird does is shoot a corner 3 and banks it in.

Ainge is laughing and says "Larry was so cheap that it was more important to him to not have to pay the bet than it was to win the game". lol
^ Great story.