• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2021 NBA Finals: Milwaukee Bucks vs. Phoenix Suns

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying into any of this asterisk talk. Yes the injuries have been awful. But that shouldn't diminish the title for whoever wins it. If that's the case then put an asterisk next to the '15, '16, '19 & '20 champs. All of those championship teams beat an opponent that wasn't at 100%.
Not saying there should be an asterisk. Just for those that believe that stuff.

But.....this season there have been most injuries ever to AS caliber players.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean....if the Nets had Irving and Harden qt 100% would they have lost before the ECF?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns in 5 if Giannis doesn't play or isn't at least 80%.

Hate to say it but the Suns are likely to lose a key player in this series.....just the way the playoffs have gone. If that happens....the Suns in 7.

Hey, those are MY predictions! Get your own, pussy!

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying into any of this asterisk talk. Yes the injuries have been awful. But that shouldn't diminish the title for whoever wins it. If that's the case then put an asterisk next to the '15, '16, '19 & '20 champs. All of those championship teams beat an opponent that wasn't at 100%.
Yep...injuries are a part of the game. Many times over the years it came down to bench strength, depth and coaching strategies to compensate, and a little bit of luck. This season really hasn't been an outlier as far as any of that goes. Sometimes the better team loses....and the team that makes the appropriate adjustments wins.
Holds true in every team sport...not just basketball.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying there should be an asterisk. Just for those that believe that stuff.

But.....this season there have been most injuries ever to AS caliber players.

Only haters will try to use that asterisk excuse. And speaking of haters over on that other site SJ76 has a helluva issue with CP3. It's rather funny.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only haters will try to use that asterisk excuse. And speaking of haters over on that other site SJ76 has a helluva issue with CP3. It's rather funny.
He is an idiot.. When this site was having issues he was saying beware of the NBA idiots invading HN

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...injuries are a part of the game. Many times over the years it came down to bench strength, depth and coaching strategies to compensate, and a little bit of luck. This season really hasn't been an outlier as far as any of that goes. Sometimes the better team loses....and the team that makes the appropriate adjustments wins.
Holds true in every team sport...not just basketball.

It actually is an outlier when you consider the number of star players that have been effected.

Yes, there are always injuries, always players who aren't 100%. But it's usually just a star or 2 and some role players I can't remember a time where this many top players were out or not 100%.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am skeptical.

Initial reports were saying that his playoffs were likely done.

I am not sure how effective he can be playing at 60-70% percent. His game is totally reliant on his explosive athleticism.

This is a really bad sign for Milwaukee.

Suns in 5
The way I read it is....it's sort of a wait and see situation....if the Suns win game 1 he could be back for game 2 in a somewhat limited role on Thursday.....but if the Bucks take game 1 tonight...they'll likely hold him back until the series shifts back to Milwaukee on Sunday. The objective being, getting that 1-1 road split.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually is an outlier when you consider the number of star players that have been effected.

Yes, there are always injuries, always players who aren't 100%. But it's usually just a star or 2 and some role players I can't remember a time where this many top players were out or not 100%.
This.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is an idiot.. When this site was having issues he was saying beware of the NBA idiots invading HN

Yeah I remember that nonsense. Here's a little of the bizarre stuff he's said. He gots the issues with CP3 for how he celebrated after the Suns advanced to the Finals. He also had an issue with CP3 standing up inside a limo holding the WC trophy to show to the fans that greeted the team at the airport.

And he can't figure out why the Suns were celebrating at the airport with their fans. He even went as far as to ask if the Celtics ever celebrated a conference crown. Yeah compare the Suns (3 total Final trips) to the Celtics (21 trips). Insanity at it's finest.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I remember that nonsense. Here's a little of the bizarre stuff he's said. He gots the issues with CP3 for how he celebrated after the Suns advanced to the Finals. He also had an issue with CP3 standing up inside a limo holding the WC trophy to show to the fans that greeted the team at the airport.

And he can't figure out why the Suns were celebrating at the airport with their fans. He even went as far as to ask if the Celtics ever celebrated a conference crown. Yeah compare the Suns (3 total Final trips) to the Celtics (21 trips). Insanity at it's finest.
"Act like you have been there before."

In reference to CP and his joy of winning the WCF.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Act like you have been there before."

In reference to CP and his joy of winning the WCF.

Yep. Then you know exactly which thread I'm talking about.

Reactions: DJ

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, that's Suns fans. They're nuts (in a good way). From the little I've seen about it, this wasn't anything planned by the team. Several thousand fans showed up at the airport wanting to greet and celebrate what the team accomplished.

Were they just supposed to send those people home?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh....it's just an excuse for the losing team(s) to use.
Not saying it isn't a valid point.....but it's being overused a lot lately. Obviously injuries come with the territory, and they always will....but it shouldn't be weaponized to take away or minimize from what the winning teams have accomplished.
As far as this not being an "outlier" goes...I meant overall for coaching, a team's depth, adjustments, and the usual streak of luck whether good or bad. The game itself really hasn't changed......only the times have.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, that's Suns fans. They're nuts (in a good way). From the little I've seen about it, this wasn't anything planned by the team. Several thousand fans showed up at the airport wanting to greet and celebrate what the team accomplished.

Were they just supposed to send those people home?

I think that SJ-whatever the hell his name is fella is just being overly critical of CP3 for no reason at all. And I don't recall hearing anything about a planned celebration at the airport for the team.

Never anything wrong with fans showing up to greet their team. Anyone that has an issue with that is just a hater.