• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2021 NBA Finals: Milwaukee Bucks vs. Phoenix Suns

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting....they went from doubtful to questionable in less than 24 hours.

Test that damn foreigner right now! Make sure the Bucks trainers didn't shoot him up full of PED's & deer antler spray (<---shoutout to Ray Lewis!).

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Test that damn foreigner right now! Make sure the Bucks trainers didn't shoot him up full of PED's & deer antler spray (<---shoutout to Ray Lewis!).

CBD topicals, brah.

Cbd GIF by Perfect Plant Hemp Co

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buncha degenerate druggies in here....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that SJ-whatever the hell his name is fella is just being overly critical of CP3 for no reason at all. And I don't recall hearing anything about a planned celebration at the airport for the team.

Never anything wrong with fans showing up to greet their team. Anyone that has an issue with that is just a hater.
@SJ76 isn't very knowledgeable about the sport.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh....it's just an excuse for the losing team(s) to use.
Not saying it isn't a valid point.....but it's being overused a lot lately. Obviously injuries come with the territory, and they always will....but it shouldn't be weaponized to take away or minimize from what the winning teams have accomplished.
As far as this not being an "outlier" goes...I meant overall for coaching, a team's depth, adjustments, and the usual streak of luck whether good or bad. The game itself really hasn't changed......only the times have.

There's a difference between excuses and reasons.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh....it's just an excuse for the losing team(s) to use.
Not saying it isn't a valid point.....but it's being overused a lot lately. Obviously injuries come with the territory, and they always will....but it shouldn't be weaponized to take away or minimize from what the winning teams have accomplished.
As far as this not being an "outlier" goes...I meant overall for coaching, a team's depth, adjustments, and the usual streak of luck whether good or bad. The game itself really hasn't changed......only the times have.

I don't see it really being used as an excuse, or being overused. I haven't seen anyone with any credibility using it against the teams that are still playing. Sure, whether the Suns or Bucks win, their fans will get teased a little about their "easy path". But that's about it.

There might be a footnote to point out that it was an odd year (72 games, short off-season, truncated playoffs) similar to last years bubble season. But not as a reason to diminish their title.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SJ76 isn't very knowledgeable about the sport.

Oh muh goodness U and the Whammu still goin?

it’s an easy concept. Point was dont celebrate too early. CP3 did in that last game and usually that means bad news.
then Phoenix had a parade. Lol

and Whammu still chuckin

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh muh goodness U and the Whammu still goin?

it’s an easy concept. Point was dont celebrate too early. CP3 did in that last game and usually that means bad news.
then Phoenix had a parade. Lol

and Whammu still chuckin

lol

Their plane landed, there were thousands of fans there to greet them. Which, anyone who knows Suns fans could tell you, isn't terribly surprising. Should they have ignored them or sent them home?

If it were planned by the team, you might have a point, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does Portis always look like he just realized he left the stove on?
20210706_134105.jpg

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Their plane landed, there were thousands of fans there to greet them. Which, anyone who knows Suns fans could tell you, isn't terribly surprising. Should they have ignored them or sent them home?

If it were planned by the team, you might have a point, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I highly doubt that many people randomly showed up at the airport. It was planned by someone and that’s fine man it’s been 10 years I get it but once you pop the cork it’s popped. CP3 was celebrating like he just won the whole thing before the game was even over. And that’s understandable becasue the guy hasn’t even won a conference finals…. But you gotta keep the eye on the real prize. We will see what happens but in my experience, once you celebrate it’s over.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt that many people randomly showed up at the airport. It was planned by someone and that’s fine man it’s been 10 years I get it but once you pop the cork it’s popped. CP3 was celebrating like he just won the whole thing before the game was even over. And that’s understandable becasue the guy hasn’t even won a conference finals…. But you gotta keep the eye on the real prize. We will see what happens but in my experience, once you celebrate it’s over.

Hell, he was probably celebrating making this far into the playoffs without suffering a season ending injury. I don't think anyone in the history of the game has had worse playoff injury luck than CP3. lol