• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(3) Warriors vs (2) Celtics 2021-22 FINALS

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You remember Billy Owens? After the great career he had at Syracuse I thought he was going have a solid NBA career. Nope.

Yeah, I remember him. I always thought he looked a little chubby.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On behalf of all Celtics fans old enough to remember McHale & Parish a sincere thank you to G.S. for those two HOFers. :heh:

I only knew those two as Celtics, so there was no sting for me.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only knew those two as Celtics, so there was no sting for me.
McHale was technically never a Dub. But the Dubs traded Parrish and a 1st for Carrol. The 1st turned into McHale.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. I first became a fan in 1987 when I was 7 years old. First time I remember rooting for a team was when the Niners got crushed by the Giants in the playoffs, so that must've been like January 1987. I remember Joe Montana being put in an ambulance. After that, I added the Warriors and Giants to the Niners as my rooting interests. I don't have any memories of watching Washburn play. I only know about him because of draft bust lists. My early Warriors memories are Sleepy Floyd, Mullin, and George Karl. I also remember hearing that Joe Barry Carroll was supposed to be good.
Dang! You missed "The Catch" Still the highlight of my sports-watching career. Until that time, the 49ers had made the playoffs only three times in my entire life and each time they were knocked out by the Cowboys. I hated the Cowboys so much as a kid. It was sweet to see the Niners defeat them like that in '81.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang! You missed "The Catch" Still the highlight of my sports-watching career. Until that time, the 49ers had made the playoffs only three times in my entire life and each time they were knocked out by the Cowboys. I hated the Cowboys so much as a kid. It was sweet to see the Niners defeat them like that in '81.

I've seen highlights of it so many times, and I watched the whole game on ESPN Classic, so it almost feels like I experienced it live. I also found the Super Bowl against the Dolphins on You Tube. What I've never been able to find is the entire Bengals-Niners first Super Bowl meeting. I've only found the first half of that game and the goal line stand on You Tube.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen highlights of it so many times, and I watched the whole game on ESPN Classic, so it almost feels like I experienced it live. I also found the Super Bowl against the Dolphins on You Tube. What I've never been able to find is the entire Bengals-Niners first Super Bowl meeting. I've only found the first half of that game and the goal line stand on You Tube.
I never miss an opportunity to watch it when it comes on ESPN Films or something. My favorite part of that video is the dude in the white pimp outfit cheering in the stands after Clark's catch.
I was astonished to find that the 49ers had six turnovers in that game including three INTs by Montana. Funny how you forget those things when you win in such a fashion,

As for that Super Bowl, it was almost an afterthought for me. I'm glad they won it but beating Dallas meant everything to me.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never miss an opportunity to watch it when it comes on ESPN Films or something. My favorite part of that video is the dude in the white pimp outfit cheering in the stands after Clark's catch.
I was astonished to find that the 49ers had six turnovers in that game including three INTs by Montana. Funny how you forget those things when you win in such a fashion,

As for that Super Bowl, it was almost an afterthought for me. I'm glad they won it but beating Dallas meant everything to me.

There were a lot more turnovers back in the day. At least that's what it seems like.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the worst trades in NBA history.
Yep. Right up there with the Giants. Cepeda for Sadecki, Gaylord Perry for Sam McDowell, Matty Alou for Ozzie Virgil, Felipe Alou for Del Crandell (and the next year they one, two in the league in batting). George Foster for Frank Duffy, Dave kingman for nobody (cash), Bobby Bonds for Bobby Murcer. I can't go on.

Last edited:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really sorry to hear that the Warriors couldn’t work something out with Payton. He was probably my favorite player on the team along with Wiggins. I wish him the best

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really sorry to hear that the Warriors couldn’t work something out with Payton. He was probably my favorite player on the team along with Wiggins. I wish him the best

Sad to see him go, but I think this means more minutes for the young guys, which needs to happen right now anyway.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad to see him go, but I think this means more minutes for the young guys, which needs to happen right now anyway.
True. We are lucky our core players are not assholes like Durant or James and some others who move on at the slightest sign of trouble. But they are aging and we need some of the young guys like Poole, Kuminga and Moody to step up; Wiseman too

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Juan Toscano Anderson is a "star"? LOL! He's the very definition of a scrub.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For how much longer though? Extensions loom...
If they won a title with Durant everyone wouldn’t they bought the championship. If they didn’t win it with Durant they would get skewered. A no win situation

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. I first became a fan in 1987 when I was 7 years old. First time I remember rooting for a team was when the Niners got crushed by the Giants in the playoffs, so that must've been like January 1987. I remember Joe Montana being put in an ambulance. After that, I added the Warriors and Giants to the Niners as my rooting interests. I don't have any memories of watching Washburn play. I only know about him because of draft bust lists. My early Warriors memories are Sleepy Floyd, Mullin, and George Karl. I also remember hearing that Joe Barry Carroll was supposed to be good.

He eventually got the nickname of Joe Barely Cares from the local sports media and fans...and sadly most of the time it really showed on the court during games. The late 70's to mid 80's were some bad times for the dubs. Things began to turn around for the better after new ownership and revamped FO hired George Karl....and eventually years later Don Nelson....only to stall once more in the late 90's to mid 2000's. Now they're at the pinnacle and in the NBA's pantheon.

Last edited: