• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2021 March Madness Thread

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Outback bowl is fine but it’s where you go when you weren’t good enough to play in the Rose Bowl
Well, Minnesota played in so many meaningful games, for so many decades, we simply chose to let the rest of the country have a turn and try to catch up. Some teams have done a MUCH better job of doing that, Bama for example. Oregon? lol Not so much.

I'll give you credit though, selling your souls and taking Nike money in hopes of eventually, maybe, someday getting one of those elusive Natl Titles Minnesota has so many of, well, without looking at the moral issues with it, seems like it might have been a smart move? It hasn't worked yet, but at least now Oregon is getting close.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you still yelling about games that happened over 100 years ago? Nobody cares about 5 white guys throwing a basketball granny style at a basket and winning 29-22.
Sports got to start somewhere/somehow.

Apparently Oregon is trying to latch themselves onto a new sport, tumbling or some sh1t like that? lol Good luck getting anyone to care about that, lol. Might be more entertaining than frigging Cross Country though?

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Minnesota played in so many meaningful games, for so many decades, we simply chose to let the rest of the country have a turn and try to catch up. Some teams have done a MUCH better job of doing that, Bama for example. Oregon? lol Not so much.

I'll give you credit though, selling your souls and taking Nike money in hopes of eventually, maybe, someday getting one of those elusive Natl Titles Minnesota has so many of, well, without looking at the moral issues with it, seems like it might have been a smart move? It hasn't worked yet, but at least now Oregon is getting close.

What the hell are you talking about? Minnesota hasn’t played a meaningful football game in 50 years

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell are you talking about? Minnesota hasn’t played a meaningful football game in 50 years
And yet with 50 years to catch up, Oregon has done what? Gotten 2 runner up finishes? LOL. Going to be a long long time before your soul selling program catches up with all of the awesomeness that was Minnesota through to the end of the 60s. Especially with Fleck pulling out 11-2 seasons so early in his time at Minnesota. Recruiting is improving, facilities have been very much upgraded, so Oregon's chances to do any catching up may become few and farther inbetween as each year goes by. Not like Bama's going to take any steps backward anytime soon, nor will Clemson, and probably not OSU, at least not soon. Seems Oregon may be left praying for just getting into the CFP and not embarrassing themselves too much when they do get there? IF they ever get there again?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ab2e4825f9387623021ccbbdf8576b10.gif

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't kill me if they expanded to 72. I don't know...for some reason 72 sounds better than 68. This season, the 4 additional teams I would have in is Louisville, Colorado St, St Louis, and Belmont. 8 games to be played (call them what you will) with the 8 winners advancing to the 1st round.

(16)Mt St Mary's (12-10) vs Texas Southern (16-8)
(16)Norfolk St (16-7) vs App St (17-11)

(14)Abilene Christian (23-4) vs Belmont (26-4)

(13)Colorado St (18-6) vs St Louis (14-6)

(12)Maryland (16-13) vs Georgetown (13-12)
(12)Drake (25-4) vs Utah St (20-8)

(11)Michigan St (15-12) vs Louisville (13-7)
(11)UCLA (17-9) vs Wichita St (16-5)

Joe Lunardi has suggested 72 with the "play-in" games being all at-large teams. However, I can't justify altering the 16-seed games. There's usually 6 16-seeds with only 4 spots.

Don't you think Georgetown needs to play in this group? 13-12 and they fluked their way in as an automatic. They finished near the bottom in conference and had a losing record when the Big East Tournament began. Plus, playing Maryland...the at-large with the most losses. Georgetown-Maryland is also a game many feel should be played annually.

The rest are simply excellent matchups and would be fun to watch.

I know I know. A lot of you are against expanding the tournament, but I say why the hell not? Once these games are played we'll be down to 64 and all is well.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't kill me if they expanded to 72. I don't know...for some reason 72 sounds better than 68. This season, the 4 additional teams I would have in is Louisville, Colorado St, St Louis, and Belmont. 8 games to be played (call them what you will) with the 8 winners advancing to the 1st round.

Joe Lunardi has suggested 72 with the "play-in" games being all at-large teams. However, I can't justify altering the 16-seed games. There's usually 6 16-seeds with only 4 spots.

Don't you think Georgetown needs to play in this group? 13-12 and they fluked their way in as an automatic. They finished near the bottom in conference and had a losing record when the Big East Tournament began. Plus, playing Maryland...the at-large with the most losses. Georgetown-Maryland is also a game many feel should be played annually.

I know I know. A lot of you are against expanding the tournament, but I say why the hell not? Once these games are played we'll be down to 64 and all is well.
How many Div 1 cbb teams are there now? There are well over 300 aren't there? With only 288 teams you could justify an expansion to 72 teams. With financial issues hurting many college athletic departments mostly because of covid, focus on men's cbb will only increase, so there shouldn't be any decrease in the number of teams competing in div 1, but could increase. Seems expansion may be overdue? According to the rules guiding such things, the tourney field could increase to 80 without even coming close to being legally too big.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just as many PAC fans probably latch onto USC's coattails as there are more school's fans needing to it seems.

lol

You couldn't possibly be more wrong.

The best thing other PAC fans have to say about USC is that PAC football gets more respect when USC is good (and a lot of them won't even do that unless they're drunk).

And I don't know of another conference where the fans chant the fucking conference name at bowl games, etc.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, they had that vote/discussion when they increased the teams to 68. The large schools wanted 4 small league champs playing
for the 4 16 seeds. The small schools, that had more votes said no...make the new four all at-large teams. They said a Cpnf Champ
deserved the right to play in the first round. Thus they compromised. They relabeled the four play-in games as "first round" games.
And the four winners make up 2 16 seed teams and 2 aa seed teams.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas Jayhawks men's basketball - Wikipedia

So even mighty and proud KU, and Syracuse, each with modern titles to claim that no one disputes, even both of these schools make sure to list their PRE-tourney Titles on their respective Wikipedia cbb pages.

North Carolina Tar Heels men's basketball - Wikipedia

Kentucky Wildcats men's basketball - Wikipedia

Oh, and UK & UNC, too!!! LOL. Now I am up to 10. The first 10 I checked. And 2 of the programs with the most TOURNEY Titles ever won, even they still claim their pre-tourney titles. LOL
Keep doing gods work here freddy.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost Oregon level. :heh:

At least Oregon fans were alive for the accomplishments they are arrogant about.

Who's yelling and screaming about claimed titles from over 100 years ago? I'll tell you who, someone who hasn't come to close to winning anything since.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet with 50 years to catch up, Oregon has done what? Gotten 2 runner up finishes? LOL. Going to be a long long time before your soul selling program catches up with all of the awesomeness that was Minnesota through to the end of the 60s. Especially with Fleck pulling out 11-2 seasons so early in his time at Minnesota. Recruiting is improving, facilities have been very much upgraded, so Oregon's chances to do any catching up may become few and farther inbetween as each year goes by. Not like Bama's going to take any steps backward anytime soon, nor will Clemson, and probably not OSU, at least not soon. Seems Oregon may be left praying for just getting into the CFP and not embarrassing themselves too much when they do get there? IF they ever get there again?

Oregon's competing for and winning championships. Minnesota's best team in 50 years got close to playing for a Big Ten title but still got run off the field by Wisconsin so it didn't happen. Oh and Oregon beat that Wisconsin team in the Rose Bowl. When's the last time Minnesota played in a Rose Bowl?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go mentioning Michigan when your wack ass program lost embarrassingly to Oral Roberts. A true bitch. Go to a dispensary somewhere in your state and get some good weed, you are losing focus old man. I'm sure that 1902 Minnesota team would not have lost to fucking Oral Roberts in the first round. And now you don't even have UNC or UNLV to fall back on, what will you do? Suck on Gonzaga's dick?

You are one angry kid. It's funny.

Oh look, the lil baby is crying again because I made fun of meeeechegan. You're such a chump. And don't really care that Ohio State got knocked out in the first round. Had them going out in the 2nd round anyway. They were playing their worst basketball of the season at the wrong time, going 3-5 heading into March Madness.

It's bizarre that you care so much that I'm a UNLV fan. I was a season ticket holder when I lived in the Vegas area. Odd you choose to ignore that.

But now that I know any meeeechegan jokes get your maze 'n blew underoos in a bunch I'll make sure to notify you whenever I make fun of your beloved wolvereeeens.

I bet you dream of being invited to one of Harbaugh's creepy sleepovers. If you had the opportunity I'm sure you wouldn't pass the chance up to have Jimmy Jam's balls on your chin.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are one angry kid. It's funny.

Oh look, the lil baby is crying again because I made fun of meeeechegan. You're such a chump. And don't really care that Ohio State got knocked out in the first round. Had them going out in the 2nd round anyway. They were playing their worst basketball of the season at the wrong time, going 3-5 heading into March Madness.

It's bizarre that you care so much that I'm a UNLV fan. I was a season ticket holder when I lived in the Vegas area. Odd you choose to ignore that.

But now that I know any meeeechegan jokes get your maze 'n blew underoos in a bunch I'll make sure to notify you whenever I make fun of your beloved wolvereeeens.

I bet you dream of being invited to one of Harbaugh's creepy sleepovers. If you had the opportunity I'm sure you wouldn't pass the chance up to have Jimmy Jam's balls on your chin.
Lame post per usual. Cry more lmao

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lame post per usual. Cry more lmao

I'm not the one upset though. That would be you. And why? Because I made fun of your team again. It's funny the only times you say something to me is when you've taken a joke about meeeechegan personally. Carry on clown-boy. I'm laughing at you.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not the one upset though. That would be you. And why? Because I made fun of your team again. It's funny the only times you say something to me is when you've taken a joke about meeeechegan personally. Carry on clown-boy. I'm laughing at you.
I'm chilling. Winning at everything including this tourney over the Sucks.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm chilling. Winning at everything including this tourney over the Sucks.

Here's a preview of meeeechegan's upcoming season.

giphy (1).gif

On the plus side though to boost team morale this year Harbaugh will give out a trophy to the winner of the spring game. It's made out of macaroni shells and painted maze 'n blew.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1616725561135.png\

I wonder if Wamu has the same outfit, but for UNLV?