• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2021 March Madness Thread

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m too lazy to look it up. Probably the only year. Combine women and men see what you get.
No, very doubtful it's the only year. UMn has won 8 NCAA Hockey Titles and had just as many additional runner up finishes and Frozen Fours, 3 NCAA Wr titles and a bunch of Runner ups, a Golf Natl Title along with a 3rd place finish and a few more Top Ten finishes, the women's BB team got to a Final Four, the Women's VB team has been to 5 Final Fours and makes at least the Sweet 16 probably 80% of the time if not more? The Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving teams regularly finish among the Top 10-20 at the NCAAs, our CC team just finished 5th, our Softball team just went to the CWS, both of our Gymnastics teams do well each year. No way this is the only year the Gophers have finished better than the Webfoots.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, very doubtful it's the only year. UMn has won 8 NCAA Hockey Titles and had just as many additional runner up finishes and Frozen Fours, 3 NCAA Wr titles and a bunch of Runner ups, a Golf Natl Title along with a 3rd place finish and a few more Top Ten finishes, the women's BB team got to a Final Four, the Women's VB team has been to 5 Final Fours and makes at least the Sweet 16 probably 80% of the time if not more? The Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving teams regularly finish among the Top 10-20 at the NCAAs, our CC team just finished 5th, our Softball team just went to the CWS, both of our Gymnastics teams do well each year. No way this is the only year the Gophers have finished better than the Webfoots.
Hockey gets the minimum points. A sweet 16 appearance gets more points than a hockey championship and should.

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey gets the minimum points. A sweet 16 appearance gets more points than a hockey championship and should.
The big 5 sports according to tv ratings are this:

1) CFB
2) MBB
3) WBB
4) Softball
5) Baseball

Both schools have out layers like track n field, hockey, volleyball, gymnastics. Hell Oregon’s tumbling team has the most championships. But ya I’ll go down the rabbit hole with you with the big 5 sports.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another Gopher accomplishment, pretty standard stuff around here.
tenor.gif

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big 5 sports according to tv ratings are this:

1) CFB
2) MBB
3) WBB
4) Softball
5) Baseball

Both schools have out layers like track n field, hockey, volleyball, gymnastics. Hell Oregon’s tumbling team has the most championships. But ya I’ll go down the rabbit hole with you with the big 5 sports.
Assessing points going by TV ratings seems pretty lame to me. But hey, if that makes you feel better about the sh1t that your school produces, have at it, lol.

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why 2015-16? A good year for Oregon football is my guess as to why you chose that season. lol
The year before Oregon men were #2 and women #7. - I’ll let you try and find both Minnesota’s rank. (In the 70’s). LOL

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it’s not a 1/3 of the population Texas, California, Florida people don’t give a shit about college hockey.
And you are claiming they give a shit about women's bb? lol. Sure, ok, whatever dumbass.

And baseball and softball? Those are spring sports that the NCAA has, maybe intentionally, manipulated to favor southern sports. Northern programs like Minnesota with 3, Michigan with 2, and Ohio St with 1 used to win College Baseball Titles, but then sh1t got changed so as to favor southern schools, but hey, if you gotta cheat to get ahead, I guess that is the way of the world, eh? That is how UCLA got their BB titles, how USC got at least one, if not more, of their cfb titles, and we all know NIKE stinks and is involved in college sports corrupt sh1t, even got caught once or twice from what I've heard?

Btw, all 3 of those states have NHL teams! And I'm guessing those teams get more people watching them and attending games and giving a shit about them most if not all women's cbb programs down there get.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The year before Oregon men were #2 and women #7. - I’ll let you try and find both Minnesota’s rank. (In the 70’s). LOL
#2? lol For what? Go on, list here the mighty accomplishments of Oregon athletics that earned it the #2 sports program ranking in ANY year?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon has ONE Natl Title, just ONE, since 1940, that is not some sort of track related sh1t. A Golf Title in 2016.

An illegitimate cbb title in 1939, and a single Men's Golf Title in 2016. That's it.

Otherwise you cheat up the running sports. First you have CC guys winning at running some long ass race, then those same people run long ass races in the Indoor NCAA championships, and do other sh1t like throw stuff and jump over and into sh1t, and then the same people do all of those same things again in the NCAA outdoor t & f championships. And losers like you go around claiming, "look at all these titles we won", lol. All while being funded in some possibly nefarious way by a big shoe company that makes it's money off of slave child labor basically. Wow, how do you sleep at night?

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#2? lol For what? Go on, list here the mighty accomplishments of Oregon athletics that earned it the #2 sports program ranking in ANY year?
You thought I cherry picked a year, when I showed you the previous year. You are obviously not familiar with the Capital One Cup that has a scoring system for athletic departments.
And you are claiming they give a shit about women's bb? lol. Sure, ok, whatever dumbass.

And baseball and softball? Those are spring sports that the NCAA has, maybe intentionally, manipulated to favor southern sports. Northern programs like Minnesota with 3, Michigan with 2, and Ohio St with 1 used to win College Baseball Titles, but then sh1t got changed so as to favor southern schools, but hey, if you gotta cheat to get ahead, I guess that is the way of the world, eh? That is how UCLA got their BB titles, how USC got at least one, if not more, of their cfb titles, and we all know NIKE stinks and is involved in college sports corrupt sh1t, even got caught once or twice from what I've heard?

Btw, all 3 of those states have NHL teams! And I'm guessing those teams get more people watching them and attending games and giving a shit about them most if not all women's cbb programs down there get.
you are clueless

Attachments

• 6EA456CE-5E5F-438D-9F2E-1A1AA538BAF2.jpeg
    6EA456CE-5E5F-438D-9F2E-1A1AA538BAF2.jpeg
    208.9 KB · Views: 3

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon has ONE Natl Title, just ONE, since 1940, that is not some sort of track related sh1t. A Golf Title in 2016.

An illegitimate cbb title in 1939, and a single Men's Golf Title in 2016. That's it.

Otherwise you cheat up the running sports. First you have CC guys winning at running some long ass race, then those same people run long ass races in the Indoor NCAA championships, and do other sh1t like throw stuff and jump over and into sh1t, and then the same people do all of those same things again in the NCAA outdoor t & f championships. And losers like you go around claiming, "look at all these titles we won", lol. All while being funded in some possibly nefarious way by a big shoe company that makes it's money off of slave child labor basically. Wow, how do you sleep at night?
They should have a separate Hockey skills National Championships in the fall or something, and then those same guys could compete for some college National Title in speed skating or something, and Minnesota could load up on Natl Titles, lol. Could count all of the Dual Match National Title Tournaments the Gophers have won, if we are going to cheat sh1t up, Gopher's have won something like 8 of those in the 21st Century. Or we could do like the amateurs do and have separate seasons for folkstyle wrestling and another for Greco-Roman style wrestling or some shit like that? lol

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude. They were in the first playoff title game
And LOST. And it's the closest they've ever come to winning anything legit after that Men's Golf Title.

UMn's won more Men's NCAA Natl Titles in sports with high paying Pro league equivalents, in one season than Oregon has EVER won, in it's entire history combined.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You thought I cherry picked a year, when I showed you the previous year. You are obviously not familiar with the Capital One Cup that has a scoring system for athletic departments.

you are clueless
I'm aware of it. It's nothing but football/bb fans being so greedy they weren't satisfied with having most of the TV viewership and fans and basically all of the money coming in, and deciding they wanted more, including a manipulated bs rating thing to go up against the far more legitimate and long standing Sear's Director's Cup that awards sports in a far more fair and justified way, according to PARTICIPATION, something the athletes do. This Cap One system basically rewards sports teams for what FANS do almost as much as what the athletes do, not what the athletes do alone. What kind of bullshit is that?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you are clueless
And you are still yet to list out all of the Oregon accomplishments that earned it a #2 rating overall. I mean, does ANYONE at all watch track or cc? Those sports should be worth almost nothing, title or not. lol