• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2021 March Madness Thread

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go by what ncaa-.com says instead. And accroding to them Minnesota has zero basketball national titles. And b-ball-ref.com says the same thing.
NCAA didn't even exist for much of college sports history, and they even had to compete against other entities for awhile, so why would they go around acknowledging those other entities? It would be against their own self interests.

And ESPN and Sports Illustrated Sports Almanacs BOTH listing pre-tourney titles, as well as basically every one of those winning team's wiki cbb pages, says plenty of people acknowledge them. Who are you to make the final conclusive decision on the matter? lol A nobody with an otherwise worthless opinion, and a web page whose designer chose not to expend the energy to add lists of pre-tourney titles, and a self serving organization choosing not to do something that doesn't benefit them in any way.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I didn't say he'd stay here forever. Saying something CAN or MIGHT happen is not the same as saying it IS going to happen, you moron.

Now don't try to change up what you originally said becuase I've called you out on it kid.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fredsdeadfriend

What years again are you claiming Minnesota won basketball national titles?
1902, 1903 and 1919. Helms named them champs in 1902 and 1919, both perfect seasons, and the Primo poll named them champs in 1902 and 1903 with 1903 also being a perfect undefeated season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1902, 1903 and 1919. Helms named them champs in 1902 and 1919, both perfect seasons, and the Primo poll named them champs in 1902 and 1903 with 1903 also being a perfect undefeated season.

Okay whatever. Congrats on those so-called nationla titles from 100+ years ago.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now don't try to change up what you originally said becuase I've called you out on it kid.
Find the post where I said it and quote it so I can see the proof and verify that you are not lying or trying to manipulate the narrative and maybe I'll cop to it, MAYBE. But unless I was drunk or something, I'd never say something like that.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tournament was put in place in 1939 anything before that is like intramural participation

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find the post where I said it and quote it so I can see the proof and verify that you are not lying or trying to manipulate the narrative and maybe I'll cop to it, MAYBE. But unless I was drunk or something, I'd never say something like that.

You said that funny stuff about Fleck during the 2019 season. No way I remember which thead. But the only reason I remember is how absurd it was for you to say that in the first place.

"unless I was drunk"

That would explain alotta the stuff you say.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a WSU fan, if you don't latch yourself to other team's accomplishments(other PAC schools), what do you have? Anything? Anything at all???
That’s all you got? I am actually a Coug so no, I don’t latch onto other teams like SEC fans and their fake rivalries.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay whatever. Congrats on those so-called nationla titles from 100+ years ago.
Thanks, I am proud of what my homeboys did way back in the day. Minnesota was truly one of the giants of the basketball AND football world back in the day, as well as Hockey, Baseball, track and wrestling, etc. A Gopher bb alum went on to lead Notre Dame to it's two pre-tourney Natl Titles. He was nicknamed the BB version of Knute Rockne by ND peeps. Another Gopher bb alum went on to put Arizona on the map, Fred Enke has a golf course named after him down on the Zona campus, and maybe an Arena, too? Another Gopher bb alum went on to create/own what is now known as the Detroit Pistons. At the time they were the Zollner Pistons. The NBA declared him to be Mr Pro Basketball and named the Western Conf Title Trophy in his name. His Pistons won pro bb tourney's back in the 40s. The idea for the NBA was formulated in a living room of a Minnesota man and long time Gopher fan who was part owner of the Mpls Lakers, winners of the first several NBA titles, and the first NBA Dynasty, a team with many former Gophers playing for them, including the legendary Bud Grant. Did you know Bud Grant of Vikings fame, has a Pro Sports Championship Ring, an NBA one, to go with his several CFL Grey Cup Titles and all of those NFL/NFC Titles?

Oh, and the coach of that Minneapolis Laker Dynasty? A former Gopher John Kundla, who is now in the Naismith Hall of Fame along with Zollner.

And I haven't even gotten much past WW2 yet, lol. The 70s version of Gopher's BB produced a ton of top NBA talent who went on to win many NBA titles and make many NBA All-Star rosters. The Gophers made it into several Top 10 and Top 20 cbb rankings and reigned supreme as the #1 school in the nation in regards to Cbb attendance figures for more than a couple of years.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tournament was put in place in 1939 anything before that is like intramural participation
Oh, and magically in 1939 college basketball teams instantly transformed into legit sports programs? and the NCAA was acknowledged by all as the one and only Natl Title Tournament???? LOL

Oregon's Title in 1939 is possibly the most ILLEGITIMATE of them all, seeing as undefeated LIU BEAT Bradley, something Oregon couldn't do, and LIU won all of their games, something Oregon couldn't do, they lost 5 games, and LIU won the reigning legit tournament at the time, the NIT tourney. BOTH the Primo Poll and the Helms AF named LIU the Champs, not Oregon.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said that funny stuff about Fleck during the 2019 season. No way I remember which thead. But the only reason I remember is how absurd it was for you to say that in the first place.

"unless I was drunk"

That would explain alotta the stuff you say.
I didn't say that dude. And if you are too lazy to go look it up and prove what you are saying, my guess it is was YOU who was the one who was drunk and not remembering things right.

I've explained this many times now, claiming something MIGHT happen, or that it COULD happen, is not the same as claiming it WILL happen. Your inability to understand English is more than likely the problem here. People do it all the time. Some people out there STILL believe that Trump said ALL Mexicans are rapists, when a simple viewing of his speech shows clearly he said nothing of the kind.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s all you got? I am actually a Coug so no, I don’t latch onto other teams like SEC fans and their fake rivalries.
And as a Coug, there is nothing to latch onto. ZERO Natl Titles in any of the sports that matter and/or you can get paid to compete in post college.

And only ONE in any sport at all, at least according to Wamu's standards, that is. Heck, according to Wamu, over 90% of all cfb titles were just intramural level and illegitimate since there was no NCAA sanctioned tourney, lol.

Last edited:

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's simple, fans of schools with little to nothing to bark about, go around trying to rip down schools who have won alot of shit. Oregon only has one cbb title, from before WW2, that the vast majority of sports fans of the time didn't even recognize as legit, but because the NCAA ended up winning out in the end and taking over the Natl Title tourney racket and declares Oregon the winner in 1939, this lame ass Oregon fan has TRY to de-legitimize all the Title winners from before 1939, AND the legit winner in 1939 LIU, according to the NIT tourney, the Helms AF and the Primo Porretta Poll, AND the majority of cbb fans at the time, too, all because if he didn't, then teams like Wisconsin and Minnesota could claim 3 and 4 pre-tourney titles and hence more than little ole Oregon.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and magically in 1939 college basketball teams instantly transformed into legit sports programs? and the NCAA was acknowledged by all as the one and only Natl Title Tournament???? LOL

Oregon's Title in 1939 is possibly the most ILLEGITIMATE of them all, seeing as undefeated LIU BEAT Bradley, something Oregon couldn't do, and LIU won all of their games, something Oregon couldn't do, they lost 5 games, and LIU won the reigning legit tournament at the time, the NIT tourney. BOTH the Primo Poll and the Helms AF named LIU the Champs, not Oregon.
Lol - you claim Illegitimate yet bragging about a shirt vs skins championship in 1902

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, so B1G teams were supposed to know that long time cbb giants like Louisville, UNC and Duke would all end up not being so great all in the same year? lol

So who did the PAC play AND BEAT??? Because they didn't beat any B1G teams.

Nobody is blaming them but there was no reason to believe the Big Ten was amazing based on their ooc games.

PACs best wins in the ooc were probably Alabama and BYU

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, WSU has nothing to latch onto, like I've said before. But I'm not saying this again just to say it, I'm responding to your ripping on the SEC's fans for supposedly latching onto other teams and to fake rivalries.

List of Natl Titles claimed or that can be claimed by cfb teams shows me that very few SEC fans have to latch onto much of anything. Outside of Bama, here are the # of titles other SEC teams can claim,

LSU - 9
Tenn - 7
Geor - 6
Aub - 5
Flor - 5
Miss - 3
A&M - 3
Ark - 2
Mizz - 2.

That is 9 of the 14 SEC teams having multiple titles of their own. Vandy fans don't have any cfb titles, sure, but all they latch onto is their own academic prowess .Kentucky fans doesn't have any cfb titles, either, but they have the most Cbb titles, so they are ok with their lack of fb titles. So you must being referring to Miss St and South Carolina fans basically? LOL

Meanwhile... WSU = ZERO. Arizona = ZERO. OREGON = ZERO. Oregon St = ZERO. UCLA just 1, Utah and Cal both just 1 as well. So just as many PAC fans probably latch onto USC's coattails as there are more school's fans needing to it seems.

Doesn't look much better on the cbb side, either with most PAC schools lacking much in the way of titles in cbb, too, and riding on the coattails of UCLA and all of their cheating stained titles.