• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm picking on tankers. If that applies to OKC, so be it. You were hiding OKC behind the "small market" argument, which should have nothing to do with the tanking discussion. Salary isn't the issue at hand; sitting healthy players and starting a G-league lineup to try to lose is.

And I laid out why it isn’t really a problem when so few teams are doing that.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I laid out why it isn’t really a problem when so few teams are doing that.

I don't care if it's only one team doing it. In fact, that makes it easier to punish. Unless you are a local OKC fan attending games or any team striving for the playoffs hoping for a full effort from OKC to defeat a rival.

As noted, Philly had their hand forced to make organizational changes due to "the process" of tanking. Current tanking teams should also be under investigation.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if it's only one team doing it. In fact, that makes it easier to punish. Unless you are a local OKC fan attending games or any team striving for the playoffs hoping for a full effort from OKC to defeat a rival.

As noted, Philly had their hand forced to make organizational changes due to "the process" of tanking. Current tanking teams should also be under investigation.

And Philly is still paying for that decision.

It literally crippled their future.

Now you want to punish other teams too?

I am always going to prefer to see teams try to be great down the road vs. trying to be mediocre today.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am always going to prefer to see teams try to be great down the road vs. trying to be mediocre today.

Yes. What is deemed improper for one team should be improper for all teams.

I have no problem with your final statement. Just play your best healthy players. Everybody complains about resting superstars. OKC is "resting" their entire starting lineup.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I do. It still bothers me the Sixers were singled out for something that at one time or another half the teams have engaged in to some extent.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I do. It still bothers me the Sixers were singled out for something that at one time or another half the teams have engaged in to some extent.

The 6ers shouldn’t have been punished and nobody else should either.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, there really shouldn’t.

It isn’t nearly the problem people make it out to be.

With the play in games, there are only 5 teams in each conference that get left out. In a normal year, 1 or 2 of those in each conference are usually within reach of the 10 seed until the last few games.

The bottom 2 or 3 teams are usually well established by January.

That leaves a very small number of teams in the middle with incentive to tank.

This year it has been Portland, Indiana and OKC.

An issue that affects maybe 10% of the teams in a average year isn’t really an issue at all.

Rebuilding for the future is smart. People need to stop stigmatizing it.

Yes and no. Maybe a limit of a team can only be in the lottery so many years in a row before it starts costing them?

I don't mind tanking, especially for teams that typically struggle to land top FA's.

But I also don't think it's right for teams to do like the Clippers under Sterling and having lottery parties every year like they won something.

Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In today's edition of wildturkey will continue to talk about the Lakers even though they are ass and no one wants to hear it

From Marc Stein's substack today, Charlotte might actually be an option for Westbrook according to league insiders. It seems speculatory based on MJ being a fan of Westbrook in the past so its probably bullshit. HOWEVER, looking at their roster, it might make some sense cap wise. Westbrook is a 47 million dollar expiring deal. Charlotte can unload longer term salary ( Hayward 2 years left , Rozier 4 years left) to give them more flexibility to build around Melo Ball. Hayward and Rozier gets the deal done straight up. You can also sub in Hayward, Oubre and some small change pieces for the deal too.

For the Lakers, any deal that ships out Westbrook for 2 to 3 pieces is a win. Even with Hayward being injured all the time (like AD), I'd do any combo of those deals in a heart beat.

Also in the substack, Stein mentioned the Lakers are considering waiving and stretching Westbrook's deal like they did Luol Deng (whose contract FINALLY comes off the books this season). It would turn into a 3 year, 15 mil cap hit. This would be dumb as fuck. I expect this will be the route they choose

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In today's edition of wildturkey will continue to talk about the Lakers even though they are ass and no one wants to hear it

From Marc Stein's substack today, Charlotte might actually be an option for Westbrook according to league insiders. It seems speculatory based on MJ being a fan of Westbrook in the past so its probably bullshit. HOWEVER, looking at their roster, it might make some sense cap wise. Westbrook is a 47 million dollar expiring deal. Charlotte can unload longer term salary ( Hayward 2 years left , Rozier 4 years left) to give them more flexibility to build around Melo Ball. Hayward and Rozier gets the deal done straight up. You can also sub in Hayward, Oubre and some small change pieces for the deal too.

For the Lakers, any deal that ships out Westbrook for 2 to 3 pieces is a win. Even with Hayward being injured all the time (like AD), I'd do any combo of those deals in a heart beat.

Also in the substack, Stein mentioned the Lakers are considering waiving and stretching Westbrook's deal like they did Luol Deng (whose contract FINALLY comes off the books this season). It would turn into a 3 year, 15 mil cap hit. This would be dumb as fuck. I expect this will be the route they choose
I'll personally hope for the first option. What I'd REALLY like is a complete makeover, but short term your first option is more appealing...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would work. Agree that would be a solid deal and solid is the best they can hope for.

Yeah, they need to forget that idea. Hopefully they learned from how much that fucked up future cap space. Worst case scenario is that they have to just bite the bullet and get through next year, then they can get rid of Westbrooks entire contract. At least that way there is the chance that they could stay relatively healthy next year and have a better season.

If you're gonna have to eat a shit sandwich, it's better to just eat it all at once...at least the bread will still be fresh. lol

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would work. Agree that would be a solid deal and solid is the best they can hope for.

Yeah, they need to forget that idea. Hopefully they learned from how much that fucked up future cap space. Worst case scenario is that they have to just bite the bullet and get through next year, then they can get rid of Westbrooks entire contract. At least that way there is the chance that they could stay relatively healthy next year and have a better season.

If you're gonna have to eat a shit sandwich, it's better to just eat it all at once...at least the bread will still be fresh. lol
Or the Lakers could offer Westbrook to the Knicks straight-up for an ex-Laker who is persona non grata in New York. That being Julius Randle.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the Lakers could offer Westbrook to the Knicks straight-up for an ex-Laker who is persona non grata in New York. That being Julius Randle.

Salary doesn't work. Randle will be getting $23 million next year and Westbrook will be getting $47 million. If memory serves, there was talk earlier in the year about a trade that sent Westbrook to the Knicks for Randle, Fournier and Rose. So it would have to be something like that.

You know I love me some Julius Randle, so I wouldn't complain.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lmfao

Mitch is not helping the team that fired him.

Rozier and Ball play well together.

No way they want Westbrook at that price point.

They need a big, not a ball hog.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao

Mitch is not helping the team that fired him.

Rozier and Ball play well together.

No way they want Westbrook at that price point.

They need a big, not a ball hog.

It depends on what they actually think they can do as a team next year. If they think they still have room to improve, they wouldn't do it. But they've been in the bottom of the play in 2 years in a row now and when Hayward is healthy, they're still like 6th to 7th best in the East. So that team has a ceiling. Hayward and Rozier tie up quite a bit of long term money and they have impeding big money extensions for Ball and Bridges coming up. So they'd be capped out and paying the tax for a mediocre team with not much wiggle room. But if they take on Westbrook's expiring, they wouldn't be any good on the court next season but it frees up a ton of avenues for roster construction long term to better field around Ball/Bridges. So you take a short term hit on court next season for a long term gain. Basically, you can be a 7 to 10 seed for the next 3 to 4 years or you can be a 9 to 10 seed next year with a chance to move up the ladder after that.