• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Simmons can stand up to clap

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But also…would never consider a shorter schedule with fewer back to backs. Don’t get me wrong, I feel for the guy who puts out the money to go see a star come into town that one night a season and he doesn’t play. But the NBA itself has to take some ownership of that because there are too many games. It just invites guys to sleep walk through stretches of seasons. It increases the likelihood of injury. Games become more important. The game gets better but that money…and I get that too. But don’t put that all on the players is what I’m saying.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norman Powell looks great. Prayers to whoever is playing the Clips in round 1.

That series will be a struggle

It will be Suns or Grizz if the Clips survive the play in tourney. Not so sure about the struggle part, as those two have been STRONG.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be draft penalties for blatant tanking.

No, there really shouldn’t.

It isn’t nearly the problem people make it out to be.

With the play in games, there are only 5 teams in each conference that get left out. In a normal year, 1 or 2 of those in each conference are usually within reach of the 10 seed until the last few games.

The bottom 2 or 3 teams are usually well established by January.

That leaves a very small number of teams in the middle with incentive to tank.

This year it has been Portland, Indiana and OKC.

An issue that affects maybe 10% of the teams in a average year isn’t really an issue at all.

Rebuilding for the future is smart. People need to stop stigmatizing it.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the play in games, there are only 5 teams in each conference that get left out. In a normal year, 1 or 2 of those in each conference are usually within reach of the 10 seed until the last few games.

An issue that affects maybe 10% of the teams in a average year isn’t really an issue at all.

Detroit is in that mix as well. I would be in favor of some additional lottery tweaks. Maybe instead of the bottom 3 all having the same amount of ping pong balls make ur the bottom 5. I think that would help with competition across the league through the end of the season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit is in that mix as well. I would be in favor of some additional lottery tweaks. Maybe instead of the bottom 3 all having the same amount of ping pong balls make ur the bottom 5. I think that would help with competition across the league through the end of the season.

Detroit and Orlando are competing. They just aren’t any good.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
starting to have serious doubts about them getting out of the play in if they fall to 9th or 10th. The way they play defense means a team like charlotte or atlanta can have possibly beat them

NOW you have doubts? LOL

I never understood why some of you thought they would flip a magic switch and turn it on in the playoffs. Yes, they will get some guys back, possibly, but this team is a hot mess.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's about competitive balance and fans paying for and deserving a better product, and with the influence of sports betting I'm sure it will get further attention. Sucks that it takes gambling to reform your sport, but any port in a storm I guess.

There is a strong difference between rebuilding and sitting your healthy players to lose games intentionally.