• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 Mariners offseason/free agency thread

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't really disagree with any of this, although I'm not sure what Nelson Cruz would provide aside from the recipe to his Dominican Milkshakes and how to pass a piss test.

Jokes aside, I completely agree that Kelenic needs someone to get his head right. Dude gets way too frustrated when he's struggling and I think that just makes things worse for him. I'm probably overthinking it, but every time Kelenic struck out he would throw a tantrum, then probably spend the next 3 or so innings thinking about the pitch he struck out on and then go swinging at anything he saw to make up for the strikeout.

I do agree that as we speak, Kelenic has probably been training all day to get better, but I think he needs to work on the mental aspect of things. Even the best in the game don't get a hit 70% of the time and that's something that I feel he needs to learn to deal with without things getting to his head.
Not Nelson exactly but someone like that has credibility enough to tell him to sit down and shut up and learn. Him throwing fits with umps is more concerning, if he gets a bad reputation then you can kiss him ever hitting .300 goodbye.

I don’t mind his fits that are just about himself because that is just natural being a guy who is the best player on your team for the better part of 5 years. Though it didn’t help he only got called up because Jerry wanted to humble him.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis being healthy would honestly be the best thing for this team and give them so many options moving forward. I dont know if i can trust he stays that way but when healthy there isnt anyone else we have that can play CF like him unless Julio is able too.

Dipoto does have the right approach with this quote

“It’s a very much wait-and-see process. We have to plan our offseason as if whatever [Lewis] gives us (next year) is a bonus”.

– Jerry Dipoto via Mariners beat writer Ryan Divish

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis being healthy would honestly be the best thing for this team and give them so many options moving forward. I dont know if i can trust he stays that way but when healthy there isnt anyone else we have that can play CF like him unless Julio is able too.

Dipoto does have the right approach with this quote

“It’s a very much wait-and-see process. We have to plan our offseason as if whatever [Lewis] gives us (next year) is a bonus”.

– Jerry Dipoto via Mariners beat writer Ryan Divish
yeah...a 100 pct lewis is one of the best Cf...in the game...as shown.in dodgers video...getting him back..is best.....ever....thanking heaven....
and rehab..specials..and hard work...cuz..it always takes..that...............

but..it is another...eval..and stats...year in the outfield.....for kelenic, fraley ,and trammell...its ok..its the healthy..thing..for the club..to do...

yes sir..its a sign...of a healthy...franchise..........

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah ...even if lewis comes on a bit late...its still...ok..the other guys can play...long enough to get some eval..
mariners did it last year,.....and still won 90...they will be better...with frazier...ray...and..lewis...so far...and maybe more guys..

mariners..are going to be better......i never bet on anything.....but ill bet they go to the playoffs this year.............

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same with the pitching.....its a work.in progress........ya have to eval..margo...unless the mariners fall...into a trade..
no big deal...
ya still have..williamson...and sheffield..who i think will make it this year out of the pen..or rotation..
took nester cortez..a while..but he was killing it...late last year...for the yanks...

so..i think ya spend the money....on hopefully conforto...and story...and keep plugging away..at..a 5th starter..which..thay already..have..in dunn..
so im not worried about it..really at all.............im calling dunn..a 6th guy..but really...margo..is the 6th guy.......lolol..really..under a 4.00 era..is good

someone seems...to pop.up..when..needed..and brash is there...as well....just let jedi..work his trade...magic...it will work out........

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if ya dont believe...in jedi..yet....well...no one is perfect.....for sure...not me...but jedi has done well...its time...to believe...

ya know....ya build...a winner...bit by bit....not hole hog....

lets say..they sign...3 free agents...thats ...good..
and they have ...
haniger...and frazier..to sign next year....its good..

and if ya think...that all of a sudden...the tacoma outfield guys are....going to majicly start hitting better...they are not...it takes..hard work...
and they will get there....but not overnight....i think that is someones...fantasy....yeah..i know..it happens when you are not looking...

but that is when...they are putting in that hard work..that pays.............

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if AAA....is all about the curveball...there is a lot of..sliders...and fastballs..in MLB.,we will see...how julio...handels...the curve ball...
and he could be...the 4th..guy....
if he hits better than..the other guys.......what do ya do.....dont worrie and send him to the show......you would have to...right.....

yeah..but...with 4...tacoma guys...who are ready......pick the best one at the time....of coarse.......and it wont be like last year...
where we sufferd...watching guys hit below...200...i hope...........

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donovan Waltons 8...last year...he is arb..4...that is a prob...........to worrie...about.

2021SEAAL2463613232127401510.206.254.365.6191.31

he needs to make the big club....this time...and those..are not...great numbers....ok for last year..i guess.....

so..if he can do well...they would prob....trade him by the deadline...yeah..prob in a package...yeah...but they will have frick...after that...
and that is why.........he needs to do well this year...so he is not in the minors next..year....and prob a diff team..than..mariners...yeah prob..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donovan Waltons 8...is considered..by some..to be one of the better...ss/2b..guys..in the minors...yes he is...by some..who think they..may need him...yes..he is...
this is the year...to ...prove it...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kyle lewis..2020..highlites..this has the dodgers stadium catch....watch...and droooooooooollll..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why...conforto...???
he adds what the mariners wanted..from marmo...and ads the HRS...that the mariners lost...with seager..
and...brings a cannon arm....

conforto..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mariners need an other LHanded bat...coforto woud be the best..they could get.....cuz they already have..frazier.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a bit of a no brainer..he mariners have a lot...of ex mets...should fit right in.....lololol...hey i dont know why they dont work for the mets...they seem.
to for the mariers.......lololo...nice..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seattle history....beast quake....

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshawn Lynch - BeastMode - YouTube

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for duders....ha ha...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ihave this one i usually dont play it on the sports channel..but...seems appropriate...right now..