• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 Mariners offseason/free agency thread

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ketel marte...free agent...next year...may be of interest.....then....or at the deadline......

i expect.1 or 2..trades..maybe one month after spring....or..2 months just depends on how guys are doing...if they even play...minors will.....and collage is starting now...we may be so interested in that...,we forget all about....MLB...........

throw the money on the ground...and..walk on it.....no one takes it..with them..in the end....

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but it sure comes in handy..while you are here...........

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By MATTHEW ROBERSON

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
JAN 19, 2022 AT 12:43 P

Plenty of stud free agents are still on the board when MLB’s lockout finally ends​

Plenty of stud free agents are still on the board when MLB’s lockout finally ends

Best Fits: Mariners, Phillies, White Sox

7. Michael Conforto​

When the Mets pilfered Starling Marte and Mark Canha, it may as well have come with an order for Conforto to clean out his locker.
There is no spot anymore for the boyish bruiser in Flushing. A West Coast native, Conforto might have his eyes on a few teams out there with a corner outfield need.

6. Carlos Rodon​

Rodon is the biggest risk of this group. Talent has never been an issue for the lefty with the game’s best slider. His problems stem from recurring shoulder and elbow injuries, the pitcher version of a leaky transmission.

that does not sound good...to me..pass...

Best Fits: Rangers, Yankees, Padres

5. Nick Castellanos​

Extra base hits get you paid, and no one has more doubles since 2017 than Castellanos.
He can drive the ball over the wall too and the best numbers of his career just so happened to come in a contract year. Still shy of 30 years old, Castellanos should not get out of bed for anything less than $100 million.
Best Fits: White Sox, Reds, Marlins

im ok with castellanos...but mariners need...a LHH..so conforto works better...

Best Fits: White Sox, Reds, Marlins

4. Trevor Story​

The Yankees are not expected to shell out $300 million for a shortstop, which likely removes them from any Correa conversations and already left them out of the Corey Seager pursuit.
Story, who is only a few weeks older than Javier Baez and a more consistent overall player, could maybe be had for $150 million. That would get him more money than Baez and slightly less than Marcus Semien, who went to the Rangers for $175 million. Whatever the Yankees — or any other team’s asking price — is, it will be for the best available shortstop that’s not attached to Boras....

they dont know.....how well...he fits for the mariners....and he fits,,...like a glove...as a #2 hitter...for the mariners...but...whatever...and the mariners need..is bigger...than white sox reds and marlins...

2. Kris Bryant​

A player with a career on-base percentage above .375 and slugging percentage north of .500 that can play multiple positions is basically ideal in modern baseball.

That’s exactly what Bryant is, and while every team would want him, it’s the cash-throwing teams in postseason competition that will rise to the top. The Mets fit that bill, but they’ve already added three position players this offseason and have Robinson Cano likely taking over the designated hitter spot.
Best Fits: Mariners, Blue Jays, Mets

to me...cuz he is...the best utility...prob...would..still..put..toro..on the bench..and frazier at 2B...but maybe...that is ok...but then...2B..would be up..for grabs next year as well...when..frazier..is a free agent...and they need frazier...long term....as well..as conforto...i will go with bryant or story..
not both.....after that...nothing really...may as well....trade for a guy....

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

7. Michael Conforto...yeah..on the mainers..he prob would play..LF...​

yeah...sooo
LF/rf...its all...good...
port side...or ...starboard.....its all...sideways...anyway...right derrick.....(my main guy..who nows more about...sideways....right..ok anyway.)

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. Kris Bryant​

A player with a career on-base percentage above .375 and slugging percentage north of .500 that can play multiple positions is basically ideal in modern baseball.

That’s exactly what Bryant is, and while every team would want him, it’s the cash-throwing teams in postseason competition that will rise to the top. The Mets fit that bill, but they’ve already added three position players this offseason and have Robinson Cano likely taking over the designated hitter spot.
Best Fits: Mariners, Blue Jays, Mets

to me...cuz he is...the best utility...prob...would..still..put..toro..on the bench..and frazier at 2B...but maybe...that is ok...but then...2B..would be up..for grabs next year as well...when..frazier..is a free agent...and they need frazier...long term....as well..as conforto...i will go with bryant or story..
not both.....after that...nothing really...may as well....trade for a guy....

i have heard...philis....but...like they say...who does not want him....who can afford him..is prob ..going to get him.......,,,,,,,.of the ones..on his...list..

who knows..maybe one year deals..and multiple..teams..works for some players....not most.....good thing..no draft pick comp..yeah..that is good

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think any of those guys is a viable CF option. I guess I havent studied Trammell on defense enough, but we know he cant hit at the majors yet. Kelenic and Fraley are better in the corner spots.
agreed...but..we have to wait and see...if lewis wil be ready...other than that..i think of yeiich...availability...and
did well for me in fantasy.....funny how you follow...the guys..on your team...in fantasy....anyway...

they are not big..free agents..,they are lesser ones..but they Cf....its ok....

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Photo of Sean Manaea

Sean Manaea​

Position: Pitcher
Bats: Right • Throws: Left
6-5, 245lb (196cm, 111kg)
Team: Oakland Athletics (majors)
Born: February 1, 1992 (Age: 30-002d) in Valparaiso, IN us
Draft: Drafted by the Kansas City Royals in the 1st round (34th) of the 2013 MLB June Amateur Draft from Indiana State University (Terre Haute, IN).
High School: Andrean HS (Merrillville, IN)
School: Indiana State University (Terre Haute, IN)
Debut: April 29, 2016 (Age 24-088d, 21,112th in major league history)
vs. HOU 5.0 IP, 4 H, 3 SO, 4 BB, 4 ER
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 2016 season
2022 Contract Status: 3rd-Year Arb Eligible
Service Time (01/2022): 5.157 • Arb Eligible: 2022 • Free Agent: 2023
Agents: Boras Corporation
Full Name: Sean Anthony Manaea
Nicknames: Baby Giraffe, Da Kid or Manaealator
Pronunciation: \muh-NIY-uh\
Twitter: @BABYSMGIRAFFE
Instagram: @seanmanaea
View Player Info from the B-R Bullpen
Become a Stathead & surf this site ad-free.

if a trade for a Lh pitcher...then he is almost perfect for seattle..with one year left...till free agent....and..williamson really close...of anyone to trade for..i would say him...and a draft pick..is almost certian.....how much...can a one year guy...cost...i mean..really..and send margo..to the aS as well...he is not that bad...but needs more time...As..will give him that....along with irvin.it works..

SUMMARY
Career
WAR

W
L
ERA
G
GS
SV
IP
SO
WHIP

as a 5th guy...and dunn as a 6th...works for me....

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mariners’ interest in division-rival third baseman (and noted trade candidate) Matt Chapman isn’t exactly a new revelation, but even as the Athletics prepare for what looks to be a significant sell-off/payroll reduction, they’re still aiming high in trade talks. Ryan Divish of the Seattle Times cites multiple sources who believe the A’s would ask that the Mariners include top infield prospect Noelvi Marte as a headline piece in any deal involving Chapman, who is controlled another two years via arbitration.

Baseball America ranked Marte as the sport’s No. 18 prospect earlier this week, and it’s not hard to see why; Marte played the 2021 season as a 19-year-old against much older competition but nevertheless slashed a combined .273/.366/.460 with 17 home runs and 24 stolen bases between two Class-A levels. Drawing praise for his blend of raw power and speed, Marte has played exclusively at shortstop thus far in his pro career, though he’s been error-prone (6o in 1402 innings) and some scouting reports question whether he might eventually move to third base. The Athletics and other clubs would surely target him in a number of trade scenarios, but it seems unlikely Marte would actually change hands.

yeah..they aint trading him...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Mariners president of baseball operations Jerry Dipoto has already gone on record this offseason to indicate there’s “no scenario” where he’d move the very top names in his farm system. Marte trails uber-prospect Julio Rodriguezon most rankings, he certainly falls under the umbrella alluded to by Dipoto. The A’s could, of course, try to work out a deal centering on another headliner, but if Dipoto was being earnest in his reluctance to trade his system’s very best, an agreement could be hard to piece together.

Some more Mariners notes…
  • In a second piece, Divish looks at three Mariners whose long-term positions with the team aren’t assured: outfielder Taylor Trammell, catcher Luis Torrens and outfielder Jake Fraley. Despite Trammell’s status as a former high draft pick and top prospect, last season’s poor big league debut has dimmed his stock in the eyes of rival scouts. Divish cites one “optimistic” scout from another club who believes Trammell can still be more than a fourth outfielder — but others are more bearish based on his approach at the plate and some poor defensive reads. Similarly, while the Mariners believe Torrens can be a passable or better defender behind the plate, other teams are more skeptical of his glovework. Any of the trio would still have some value on the trade market, but probably not as headline pieces for notable upgrades. Mariners fans, in particular, will want to check out both Divish columns for some scouting quotes and opinions of several of Seattle’s young players.
  • In his latest mailbag column, The Athletic’s Corey Brock tackles a number of pertinent Mariners topics — including the team’s rotation. Brock suggests that Seattle, needing pitchers who can make an impact out of the gate, was never going to come close to matching the $10MM offer James Paxton received from the Red Sox. Still, the Mariners appear likely to target another arm to add to the rotation — ideally someone who’s more than just a fifth starter to round out the group. The free-agent market has, of course, been largely picked over by this point — with Seattle playing a key part in the pre-lockout signing rush (Robbie Ray). Carlos Rodon stands out as one potential difference-maker who remains in play, though he has not been prominently linked to the Mariners. The trade market figures to have plenty of options, with Cincinnati (Luis Castillo, Sonny Gray, Tyler Mahle) and Oakland (Frankie Montas, Sean Manaea, Chris Bassitt) standing as the two most obvious partners for any team seeking rotation help on the trade market.
SHARE0RETWEET7SEND VIA EMAIL0

JAKE FRALEY JAMES PAXTON LUIS TORRENS MATT CHAPMAN NOTES OAKLAND ATHLETICS SEATTLE MARINERS TAYLOR TRAMMELL
113 COMMENTS

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Athletics

NameAgeLevelP1P2AvailablilityYearsAFVSalarySurplusLowMedianHigh
Margevicius25MajorsSPMedium4.00.70.60.100.10.2
StoudtMinorsRHP4.13.34.14.9
ThenMinorsRHP4.93.94.95.9
Trammell23MajorsOFMedium6.06.32.53.833.84.6
Cash6

Total Value: 18.90​

Mariners

NameAgeLevelP1P2AvailablilityYearsAFVSalarySurplusLowMedianHigh
Manaea29MajorsSPHigh1.028.610.118.514.818.522.2

i hate to give up stoudt...but there is no one else.....oakland would prob trade him to a midwest team...anyway...they...really like him....for good reason....mariners,...do as welll...

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was the same until a couple months back. Since then Have heard a lot of writers say Kirby is so much better than Hancock. Have not seen either pitch so I will have to believe those who have.

Good article on the Prospect Arms:

Nice read. I actually saw Williamson in Everett last year. He wasnt really on my radar until then. I still dont know if he will be more valuable as a trade piece, LH reliever or in the future rotation

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice read. I actually saw Williamson in Everett last year. He wasnt really on my radar until then. I still dont know if he will be more valuable as a trade piece, LH reliever or in the future rotation
I would love to see him pitch at some point. I actually had a chance to go to spring training this coming year and passed on it. My brother and his buddy were going to take me for all the times they stayed with us when they came to spring training from 2009-2016, but I didn't feel right about it. Now who knows if we will even have it.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually had a chance to go to spring training this coming year and passed on it.
I thought about too but given who knows when it will actually start, i couldnt really plan around it. Didnt want to deal with cancelling and rescheduling things

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about too but given who knows when it will actually start, i couldnt really plan around it. Didnt want to deal with cancelling and rescheduling things
That is what happened to my brother and his friend last year. It got canceled and made it the first time in a decade they didn't fly down to it. He got everything back but the plane tickets. Then found out 3 days til the first of this year that the airline would give him X amount credit for both tickets if used by the end of the year so they booked it all again. I hope it works out for them because they loved their spring training...and 4 hours of beer drinking. He will be 63 so he is starting to slow down so this might be their last.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yankees could use bryant....and ussually have the money...that may not bet he case this year....but we havenot seen hide nor hare of a new agreement either.........i ussually like to pay guys for doing there job......not acting like they are doing there job......

anyway......but they need Cf worse...but that is about it..
yeah...they need a utility...guy...but i do not think he cfs...

Oswald Peraza #91​

• SS
  • B/T: R/R
  • 6' 0"/165
  • is prob there ..new ss...with..torres...until the deadline prob...
  • and torres at 2b..
  • and..
  • DJ LeMahieu 26...at 1b...
  • Gio Urshela 29...at3b..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but the yankees are being smacked around....by an unfair...lux tax....imposed..by the owners...who..do not give a rats...about baseball...as much as there wallets.......and they already...have wallets the size of....fort knox...well.....u know.....

this is the hurts dont it...for them..
Aroldis Chapman34RP/CLVet$18,000,000-$18,000,000$18,000,0008.5217,466,667

Luke Voit311BArb 22$5,250,000-$5,250,000$5,250,0002.495,250,000
as a back up...maybe not bad....
and guys they have to pay..who are not reallythere.....that hurts every team...

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comp. Balance Tax Space$-11,396,667...

yeah they need todump...12 mil..after..everything...is said and done...
Zack Britton34RPVet$14,000,000-$14,000,000$14,000,0006.6314,000,0

an other guy who cost to much......
new yorkers...dont like hicks..cuz they dont like his bat......and his contract is long......what ..killed..baltimore..with daves.....but it was more than that but yeah...that was the big one..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one good...thing..about...jedi....he will go out and find pitching.....under whatever...rock......and be it margo....or whoever....the mariners pitching...
will be stocked...by the end..of the year...prob from...inside.....yeah....but they could trade for manaea...for one year..he will...prob go to clevland or cinnci after that.........

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his latest mailbag column, The Athletic’s Corey Brock tackles a number of pertinent Mariners topics — including the team’s rotation. Brock suggests that Seattle, needing pitchers who can make an impact out of the gate, was never going to come close to matching the $10MM offer James Paxton received from the Red Sox. Still, the Mariners appear likely to target another arm to add to the rotation — ideally.....i cut them ..off...lol

Manaea29MajorsSPHigh1.028.610.118.514.818.522.2
rotation
Robbie Ray 38.,L/L...strike out king..cy young winner....mariners ACE..
Chris Flexen 77R/R6' 3"25007/01/1994
Marco Gonzales 7...L/LL/L6' 1"19702/16/1992
for these guys....he be what he be....just wait....and see...
Logan Gilbert 36....a good rookie year....yep...do we expect better....yep.
Sean Manaea 55.....L/L
justin Dunn 35

now these would be top 6..
then
Brandon Williamson 18...L/L...
and
Matt Brash 47...
that is the normal amount...of starting pitchers......====.....8.

manaea..after one year..would prob ..give..... a draft pick..after signed by another team.......in the curant system...