• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 Mariners offseason/free agency thread

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah.....it is .about time for that..............

but i hope it does not look like a dorm room.........condo...its just an apartment with a......... fancy..name..
but i can see that in modesto..i guess..and maybe aqua sox..but..they prob .....some..double size row houses..with garages...
.would be good though..for family
then single row house ..for single guys.....with gated.......

never parte."..without your........MARTE"........lolol

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or..next thing you know ...every HUD...house is being remodled...by mariners contractors...lolol

ok im a cheap..scate...lololol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOU and BOS tied 1-1
Boston Red Sox

Gm 3
Oct 18
Houston AstrosAstros
@
Boston Red SoxRed Sox
8:08 PM
FS1

HOU:
J Urquidy
BOS:
E Rodriguez

i know they want ya to watch the games...but..i just have not been able to comply.........
im sure it is unconscious....but.i always find something else to do...........then again...im a mariners fan........im used to doing somthing else...during the playoffs......
lolololol

Last edited:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a rhetorical question, but would you still consider Evan White a top 6 prospect in the organization? He'll be 26 next year and in the majors has been abysmal at the plate. His defense is as advertised - if not better - but man you can't really have had much of a worse start than he has had. Perhaps I've given up on him too quickly, but he would need to hit at least 100 points higher to even justify being a starter at this point. I know he was rushed through our minor leagues and that can play a factor, but what he has shown at the major league level hasn't been promising.
This is just me, yes I would. He was a top prospect prior to him leaving AA. At his development he wasn’t ready for the MLB. The semi comp would be Raleigh except White was better both offensively and defensively. Doesn’t mean White will turn out better but they are the same timeline but White signed a contract. Regardless White wouldn’t be ahead JRod, Hancock or Kirby. I do think had he not been rushed up it would be a toss up between he and Marte because I do not think Marte is a SS which IMO drops him down over a firm position player. Age can be a factor but he also went 4 years to college so he is defacto into his 2nd professional career if we can all agree to dismiss Covid and this past year.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be a naysayer, but this is union busting on full display.
im not so sure......for m9nor league houseing...im sure the team...owns the housing........and would get a write off...of some kind...maybe..
and houseing would be writen into the contract....or not.....cuz..those... guys can ..find there own...if they want....
so i see it more like .....military...houseing.....like in san diego......only nicer..hopefully..but there would never be anyone in them..except..ballplayers..
cost offset..by non ballplayer(..income real estate..(more apartments.0).lololol
yeah..they should have done that ...long ago,,,for sure

then in arizona..peoria..same...especially..a 100 unit..condos..yeah( there i would..do condos)..but it would work.there the best...for internatinal guys..
if they where going to com collage in off season..or whatever...it would make it easier...or seemingly so.......

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then if grounds keepers and..live there as well..would be ok as..well...cuz they would do apatment..or house maintinance..as well

like working for a real estate maintenance...and managers.....
if the complex is big enough..a cafe..and store...why not........lol like in peoria......

this happens in alaska a lot...like unisea..will have a bar..and a hotel....for fish fartory workers..or anyone else........

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
discovery channel guys stay at the.......... grand aleutian hotel..(.where i would stay...lol)..but the pool tables..are at unisea...lololol
and you can meet the crabers and..........dis on discovery channel....guys at unisea.....but that is not baseball..just an example...

no not grand illusion...that is styx.......

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Seattle Mariners Rumors - MLB Trade Rumors

• the Mariners seemed poised for their most aggressive offseason in years, and The Athletic’s Corey Brock and MLBTR’s own Steve Adams took a

• look at the potential shape of Seattle’s next additions. The proposal is a major signing (i.e. Marcus Semien) and then a few other prominent but somewhat lower-level free agents (such as Anthony DeSclafani, Jonathan Villar, Alex Wood), augmented with some trades to help bench depth and left-handed bullpen depth. It remains to be seen whether or not the M’s will target any of these specific players, yet an offseason like this would certainly make Seattle a better team in 2022, and still leave payroll room for any other upgrades at the trade deadline.
  • Semien’s future was also one of several Blue Jays-related topics covered by The Toronto Star’s Gregor Chisholm in his latest reader mailbag, with Chisholm opining that both Semien and Robbie Ray will be playing elsewhere in 2022. Should Semien leave, the Jays could address the hole at second base simply by moving their third base candidates (Cavan Biggio and Santiago Espinal) over

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Seattle Mariners Rumors - MLB Trade Rumors

• the Mariners seemed poised for their most aggressive offseason in years, and The Athletic’s Corey Brock and MLBTR’s own Steve Adams took a

• look at the potential shape of Seattle’s next additions. The proposal is a major signing (i.e. Marcus Semien) and then a few other prominent but somewhat lower-level free agents (such as Anthony DeSclafani, Jonathan Villar, Alex Wood), augmented with some trades to help bench depth and left-handed bullpen depth. It remains to be seen whether or not the M’s will target any of these specific players, yet an offseason like this would certainly make Seattle a better team in 2022, and still leave payroll room for any other upgrades at the trade deadline.
  • Semien’s future was also one of several Blue Jays-related topics covered by The Toronto Star’s Gregor Chisholm in his latest reader mailbag, with Chisholm opining that both Semien and Robbie Ray will be playing elsewhere in 2022. Should Semien leave, the Jays could address the hole at second base simply by moving their third base candidates (Cavan Biggio and Santiago Espinal) over
I hope we do more than that. Semien is a nice start, but adding a bunch of scrubs doesn't make a team full of scrubs better and Semien only replaces Seager. We need 2 'A' players and 2 'B' players at least. No 'C' or 'D' players.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just me, yes I would. He was a top prospect prior to him leaving AA. At his development he wasn’t ready for the MLB. The semi comp would be Raleigh except White was better both offensively and defensively. Doesn’t mean White will turn out better but they are the same timeline but White signed a contract. Regardless White wouldn’t be ahead JRod, Hancock or Kirby. I do think had he not been rushed up it would be a toss up between he and Marte because I do not think Marte is a SS which IMO drops him down over a firm position player. Age can be a factor but he also went 4 years to college so he is defacto into his 2nd professional career if we can all agree to dismiss Covid and this past year.
I definitely hope you're right. Even if you're willing to write off his 2020 season, it's concerning to me that his performance at the plate actually regressed despite having those 54 games played last season. I know 30 games in 2021 is a pretty small sample size - and his struggles at the plate can possibly be written off due to his injury - but it didn't look like there was much improvement there.

I do firmly believe that if White's bat justifies being on the field, I really believe that he would be a perennial gold glover and by far the best defensive first baseman in baseball. He really is something special I've never seen from a first baseman before. His range is really something special.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The potential Mariners free agency targets to watch in MLB playoffs

BRENT STECKER

The potential Mariners free agency targets to watch in MLB playoffs​

Worth the Mariners taking a run at​

SP Max Scherzer, Dodgers

It might sound crazy, but yeah, the Mariners could absolutely go after the three-time Cy Young Award winner.

ESPN’s Passan: ‘No better guy’ for M’s to build around than Scherzer

The Mariners have plans to spend, and there is plenty of need for an ace to lead their rotation, a bill Scherzer fits even if he’s 37 and has a lot of miles on his arm.

Scherzer has been as dominant as ever this year, especially since being traded from Washington to LA at the trade deadline on July 30. In 2021, he posted a 2.46 ERA and a league-leading 0.864 WHIP, and in 11 starts with the Dodgers he went 7-0 with 1.98 ERA, 0.820 WHIP and 1.96 FIP.

The eight-time All-Star won a World Series in 2019 with the Nationals, appeared in another with Detroit in 2012, and has now pitched in 25 playoff games after recording the save Thursday night in LA’s 2-1 NLDS-clinching win over the Giants. If he’s looking for a challenge after all that and attempting another run at a ring with the star-studded Dodgers, would there be anything better than trying to help the M’s end their 20-year postseason drought?

no doubt on this one.....

OF/IF Chris Taylor, Dodgers

You know what would be a good way to help Mariners fans get over the trade that sent Taylor to the Dodgers the year before he became a breakout player in the big leagues? Bring him back.

The 2021 All-Star would fit quite nicely on Seattle’s roster – or any roster, really – due to his incredible positional flexibility. He capably plays every position in the field except pitcher, catcher and first base, and he wields one of the best bats in the league for a utility player.

The Mariners showed in the second half of 2021 that when given the opportunity, they like to play the matchups with their lineup. Taylor would fit right in with that mentality.

NAAAA
SP Zack Greinke, Astros and SP Eduardo Rodríguez, Red Sox

Though Greinke is also a former Cy Young winner, he is a little older than Scherzer and hasn’t maintained the same level of dominance. He’s still a very good rotation piece, however, and would be a strong addition to Seattle’s pitching depth. The same goes for Rodríguez, who at 28 would fit right in with the Mariners’ young core. Greinke has made just one appearance in relief this postseason while Rodríguez made two starts in the ALDS against the Rays.

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

SS Carlos Correa and RP Kendall Graveman, Astros

Oh yeah, the offseason has the potential to get weird. Like bring in the guy T-Mobile Park mercifully booed all season long, or bring back the guy who you traded in July and accidentally set off people both in the fanbase and the clubhouse in doing so.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SEATTLE MARINERS

Jerry Dipoto Show: Julio Rodríguez has opportunity to make Mariners, offseason priorities​

Oct 14, 2021, 10:53 AM

Last week’s Jerry Dipoto Show: How M’s can be sustainable, Kyle Seager’s future

During a press conference last week, Dipoto said that he felt the Mariners’ bench players “are already here.” He clarified what he meant by that during his conversation with Salk.

somehow i dont think so........cuz they have a chance to be better.......so why wont they...twilight zone..@@@@@@@@do ..do ..do doo

“I just think our bench players currently play for the Mariners. One of the things we want to make sure that we honor is that we have built a really likable core of players in the big leagues, and we also have a pretty robust farm system and developing talent,” he said. “While we don’t want to go into a season holding spots, so to speak – we want to put the most competitive major league team on the field as we can – we do want to provide an avenue for those young players to continue to grow and get opportunities and that can be seen entering through part-time roles or supporting roles rather than waiting to see when a young player shows up.”

Dipoto added that the Mariners don’t want to block players from opportunities, and that guys like Dylan Moore, Jake Fraley or even some propects could fall into that category.

“We want to make sure that’s fluid and we don’t........ lock in or lock out ............those young players.”

i think this ..is general......and not specific.......like...if Luis Torrens 22..or..Jake Bauers 5..go to tacoma..well then..they are at tacoma..still our bench guys
if they come..back...and..he does not want to let the cat out of the bag...........

Why do we say let the cat out of the bag?

Image result for let the cat out of the bag
Supposedly, merchants would sell customers live piglets and, after putting a pig in a sack for easier transport, would sometimes swap the pig for a cat when the customer looked away. The buyer wouldn't discover they'd been cheated until they got home and literally let the cat out of the bag.

So with the bench seemingly set, Dipoto and his staff are focused on adding starting players....reporter took ..the wrong take..on what he said...
Listen to The Jerry Dipoto Show at this link or in the player below.
The Jerry Dipoto Show - 710 ESPN Seattle

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
making a generality...a spicific........

Definition of generality

1: the quality or state of being general
2a: GENERALIZATION sense 2
b: a vague or inadequate statement
3: the greatest part : BULKthe generality of the population

specific​

[ spi-sif-ik ]SHOW IPA

See synonyms for: specific / specifics / specifically on Thesaurus.com
Elementary Level

adjective
djective
having a special application, bearing, or reference; specifying, explicit, or definite:to state one's specific purpose.
specified, precise, or particular:a specific sum of money.
peculiar or proper to somebody or something, as qualities, characteristics, effects, etc.:His specific problems got him into trouble.
of a special or particular kind.
SEE MORE
noun
something specific, as a statement, quality, detail, etc.
Medicine/Medical. a specific remedy:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the spicific part...is servais...depoto deals in general............mostly..but not..all...but when he speaks of..what they are doing..it is generaly...aaaaahhhh

you know...that thing...yeah..that is it(dont let the cat out of the bag.......and he should not...so good job)

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i take the bench to mean............including the.14 guys..not on the 26 man..cuz they could get them there..when ever..they want them...almost

We want to make sure that’s fluid and we don’t........ lock in or lock out ............those young players.”....dont want to lock them out..but if they are not locked out....someone takes the hit...when they are in...cuz they where out before...........

to me not locked in...or out....means....

they will work with guys to get better
..and hopefully..be the best they can..be...if not...they will try an...other...

....you cant lock in any..players really...they may get traded at any time....that...is just the way...it is.....really

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely hope you're right. Even if you're willing to write off his 2020 season, it's concerning to me that his performance at the plate actually regressed despite having those 54 games played last season. I know 30 games in 2021 is a pretty small sample size - and his struggles at the plate can possibly be written off due to his injury - but it didn't look like there was much improvement there.

I do firmly believe that if White's bat justifies being on the field, I really believe that he would be a perennial gold glover and by far the best defensive first baseman in baseball. He really is something special I've never seen from a first baseman before. His range is really something special.
I was willing to write off 2020 for White when you just saw his AB’s, he wasn’t anywhere near ready offensively. Kelenic was similar but his overwhelming came any time he got two strikes. I don’t think hope is lost with White, but who knows. I still believe he has trade value and with how things shook out with France being good enough to be an everyday 1B I just don’t see a spot for him on the roster.

He is going to have be in AAA so he can work on his offense, but 2 things. One, I just really think it would be a hard pill for Jerry to swallow but White being a late game defensive replacement doesn’t really help him or the the 2022 season IMO. And secondly I fear with how analytics are going, Whites issues won’t get fixed in AAA because he is the definition of they want with a modern hitter with his launch angle and not caring about going the other way.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we do more than that. Semien is a nice start, but adding a bunch of scrubs doesn't make a team full of scrubs better and Semien only replaces Seager. We need 2 'A' players and 2 'B' players at least. No 'C' or 'D' players.
even though..i think the reporter..did not get it..right...i dont think...he got it exactly wrong either,,,for example,,///

torrens is the starting......DH...right now.....tacoma
your basic..bench right now.....
Cal Raleigh 29
Evan White 12---------tacoma
Jake Bauers 5....................tacoma
Kyle Lewis....................................................the new starting..Dh
Donovan Walton 8............tacoma
Dylan Moore 25

for exanple,,,,,traded for
Hoy Park 68.....................L/L...inf/OF
Seth Beer 28..........1B....L/L...same as baur......,,1 at tacoma the other at seattle

so the bench..would be
Cal Raleigh 29
Dylan Moore 25
Hoy Park 68
Seth Beer 28
or any of the guys at tacoma....park and beer...are not scrubs.....lolol