• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 Mariners offseason/free agency thread

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot the original question...lol.

The question about if he can net a legit prospect; I think he could get a teams #5-10 prospect and a 20's prospect. Not a Top 10 MLB prospect. Plus we have a lot of extra fridge MLB players to add to a deal to get a top end prospect. He is a cheap bat with power numbers on a 1 year deal. I think the trade deadline last season would have proved more valuable of a time to trade him, but the season prevented that. I think they get rid of the competitive balance pick on free agent signings. Players hate it and for good reason and GM's try to avoid it in most cases.
I guess we just see him different as unless the Mariners sweetening the deal like you mentioned but then doesn’t that kind of go against the philosophy of trying to win.

I would love to see Kelenic and JRod as opening day starters but if the Mariners are going to compete for a championship it just seems like Haniger is safer especially since they still don’t have a star in CF. You are much better at looking this up than I am but has a team ever won a championship when they had zero all star OF’s? Granted Kelenic and JRod both have the potential but it seems like a huge ask for…but to be fair to Jerry he hasn’t had a chance to put the rest of the roster on paper yet.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

disgrace....all up in MLbs face.......it aint easy...tooooooo...eraaaAAase.....
disgrace............all...up in our face......

ddiiiiiisssssgggraaccee.....again in.....the game.............oooooohhhhh......what a shame......

but....wwwwwwhhhhoooo...will take the ...bbblllaaaaaaaaaaaaaame........

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we all...gamblers....but here...is ..a real...song....for eveything....that is worth it....

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we just see him different as unless the Mariners sweetening the deal like you mentioned but then doesn’t that kind of go against the philosophy of trying to win.
I feel like I have mentioned this several times now, but I will say it again. Trading Haniger and not replacing him is a step back. Trading him and replacing him with a veteran hitter who is proven while getting back a player or two back for him is a win. We got rid of AFraud, Jr., and Johnson and had the best team ever. Sometimes a step back with two steps up maneuver can reset you.

One thing that worries me is if fans think a return of last years roster plus a signing or two will make us better and I don't. I think last year was fun, but not repeatable in its same form. Ray has been a great move regardless of what happens in my mind, but I want to be better this year and the next several years and sometimes you have to move on from a guy that doesn't fit long term. You should know better than anyone I don't ever rely on prospects to make us better immediately. They are always bonus babies in my mind.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dylan moore......what...is good....and what needs work....
well....he is such an awsome defender....is what...is good...

what needs work.........

Career Stats​

SeasonTeamLGGABRHTB2B3BHRRBIBBIBBSOSBCSAVGOBPSLGOPSGO/AO
2019SEAAL11324731519614292825093119.206.302.389.6910.73
2020SEAAL381372635689081714043125.255.358.496.8540.79
2021SEAAL12633242601111121243400111215.181.276.334.6100.57
MLB Career--2777169914627534429887902474419.204.301.384.6850.66
the mariners played...dylan..full...time..at 2B..where...they needed a guy...and he had earned...that..oppertunity...then reality...came...
dylan..is..a good..2B..and utility.....
but his bat leaves ...somthing to..be desired...hrs 12..that is good...RBIs...43..that is ok...nnases on balls...that is ok..
strikes out ...1/3..of the time..
that needs work.........

stolen bases.....21...caught only 5.....that is good..

in 2019..and 2020...dylan..had...slg..of 389...and 496....in

2021...that fell..to 334...which helped...give him the..bad average..of 181...
that needs work....

if he can get that ave..to255...as it was...in..2020.....mariners fans...would be exstatic....and his value..would go to 5..or 6..at least.....that is good..

haniger....is only a 10...
Haniger30MajorsOFHigh1.017.68.59.17.39.110.9

aaron judge...is a 40...and they have...simular stats..........i see...a prob here...and it is biase.....if you think..it is gone...it is not....
eastcoast..biase....
Judge29MajorsOFNone1.054.317.137.233.540.9
made famous with...ESPN.....and the bad guy..with them...is any team...in the northwest....and they started..in spokane....what hipacrites..
at any rate....
some of the ...bad..is desurved...with seattle teams....but...no longer...
the seahawkes beat..the...bias....and now...is time for the mariners to do the same...

if you say...judge has more years....no...he is arb...3 as well....and i am proved ...right.........

haniger...is under...valued......cuz...he is not ...kissing...east coast...back side....stats..tell...a diff story...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i did not think....that...that east coast thing...was still..there...but it is...and seattle...because of location....gets...a bad reputation....
and value goes...down..for any player..they are coneted..with...

no...i ..dont think so..

so the rest of the league...can....go...droool................at prospects..of...riiiiping seattles bull pen...and roster...

it does make it harder...for depoto...and ...yet...he has.....done well...

its...a bit of the......... alex rodriguz...thing as well...but who...can blame him.....the mariners were not offering..the money..that the rangers were..
guys only go around once.......they need to get what..they can...while they..can...so dont blame...alex...

its his career...and everyones..career...is about money...in the begiening.....and again..

his agent..would not let him...take ..much less.......so seattle was ..out...cuz it was not even close............

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the rangers later..traded him to the yankees.where....he spent the rest...of his career...yep...

its also why...the seahawks...like a turn over...in personel...and..always need an offencive line...guys like to play...on the east coast...and california..

most..think...the northwest...is nowhere...

and they were right..............

.tell the seahawkes..went...to the superbowl....

but...old biasis...die hard.......unfortunately.....

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but...old biasis...die hard.......unfortunately.....

also..the...japanees....riiiped..the mariners...untill..stanton..baut in as an..owner.......you cant blame them....

that is how they are and what they do.......

to..fish as well.....but that is a diff...story..............

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the town...of portland.which..is to say... multnoma........baseball...aparently...has no...interest...

but in the serounding...citys...there is a lot...and the area..needs to stop...letting....multnoma...speek..for all...

if they dont like it....they dont have to go ..see it....and they will..build a stadium.....in an other county...so ..much...for multnoma..

my fav idea...is oregon city.....by the the river....a place that used to..be a saw mill....where...you can see.....the falls..

the money it would generate...for..oregon city would be huge....and ..a good spot...for concerts as....well...

but...they...useing it for something else.......too...bad....for..there tax...base..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
although...multnoma...does not seem to like baseball...they like football...almost as much as basketball..
so a multi ..use facility...football..collage basketball..and collage baseball..and football...for university..of portland...would be awsome..

really ..yeah..it would be a football...stadium...yeah..true..but u of portland is right there......

just north..of..ross island bridge....but they..would have..to..help move....a collage building....aaaaand maybe contribute to a thing..portland does not have....at the same time...and and same new building...a museum...of natural...history....like in denver....would be so...awsome...

well...so..much...for my ideas....lolol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just my dream limosine.....ariving on the scene......(in zz top...style..)

im the shcofer......

.im the loafer..

a party with me...

is all about three....

legs and me.......

join my...dream...

aint nothing but...

a thing.....

just,...my..dream limosine...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like I have mentioned this several times now, but I will say it again. Trading Haniger and not replacing him is a step back. Trading him and replacing him with a veteran hitter who is proven while getting back a player or two back for him is a win. We got rid of AFraud, Jr., and Johnson and had the best team ever. Sometimes a step back with two steps up maneuver can reset you.

One thing that worries me is if fans think a return of last years roster plus a signing or two will make us better and I don't. I think last year was fun, but not repeatable in its same form. Ray has been a great move regardless of what happens in my mind, but I want to be better this year and the next several years and sometimes you have to move on from a guy that doesn't fit long term. You should know better than anyone I don't ever rely on prospects to make us better immediately. They are always bonus babies in my mind.
I get what you are saying, I just don’t think it applies to Haniger in this situation because I don’t think you can add plus subtract him and it makes them better. I’ve conceded you can get a prospect back for Haniger if the M’s sweetened the deal, but that is still leaving with a prospect. Let’s say Jerry can sign a CF with Haniger that is a net positive. Dealing Haniger for a prospect and maybe bullpen arms I see as a net negative. In a perfect world deal sign a CF, trade Haniger, Kelenic has a full year of like his September and JRod becomes Acuna. My only thing is I am not expecting Kelenic or JRod to become all stars next year.

With Griffey and Randy deals and losing ARod I don’t think you can really compare. When Randy left the club still had ARod, Jr, and Edgar. Same thing when ARod left the team was healthy and ARod did get replaced by MVP of the league. On this team who can you pencil for production this year, I have France, Haniger and JP, those other clubs were well rounded with fringe all star players.

Like I said I want Haniger traded because I want to see JRod have a full season or however many games they will play. But I acknowledge that is a terrible way to run the organization.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you are saying, I just don’t think it applies to Haniger in this situation because I don’t think you can add plus subtract him and it makes them better. I’ve conceded you can get a prospect back for Haniger if the M’s sweetened the deal, but that is still leaving with a prospect. Let’s say Jerry can sign a CF with Haniger that is a net positive. Dealing Haniger for a prospect and maybe bullpen arms I see as a net negative. In a perfect world deal sign a CF, trade Haniger, Kelenic has a full year of like his September and JRod becomes Acuna. My only thing is I am not expecting Kelenic or JRod to become all stars next year.

With Griffey and Randy deals and losing ARod I don’t think you can really compare. When Randy left the club still had ARod, Jr, and Edgar. Same thing when ARod left the team was healthy and ARod did get replaced by MVP of the league. On this team who can you pencil for production this year, I have France, Haniger and JP, those other clubs were well rounded with fringe all star players.

Like I said I want Haniger traded because I want to see JRod have a full season or however many games they will play. But I acknowledge that is a terrible way to run the organization.
yeah..it will..not help...to trade haniger...mariners dont need anymore prospects...other than..draft...for the most part...they alreadyhave ..one of the best ..bull pens..in MLB...do they need....to finnish it off...........yeah.....but that is about it...

my ...beef...is they say..his trade value...is..10..while judges..is 40....they got something wrong..there...and it is on hanigers end...that..is my beef...

i dont know...where is the beef............lololoo

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sence..i see..it...and know..that..judge is maybe overvalued..and haniger..is under valued..i would say he is worth..at least...

NamePositionMTV ($Ms)
ContrerasC14
Rivas1B2.3
SteeleLHRP4.7
Strumpf2B2.1

25...or 30....just by stats............and in comparison...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or...dodgers..

NamePositionMTV ($Ms)
Busch2B21.3
VesiaLHRP7.3
VogelOF1.6

Total Value: 30.20​

Angels Astros Athletics Blue Jays Braves Brewers Cardinals Cubs Diamondbacks Dodgers Giants Guardians Mariners Marlins Mets Nationals Orioles Padres Phillies Pirates Rangers Rays Red Sox Reds Rockies Royals TBD Tigers Twins White Sox Yankees Dodgers

NamePositionMTV ($Ms)
HanigerOF9.1

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flag.jpg

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ain’t saying I am right though, just my opinion
kellenic ..will be an all..star...or they would have traded him...in HRs...at least....he will prob rase his ave.....this year....he never quits..that is what ..ya have to do...........yeah...maybe not this year...prob ..........but the next at least..