• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 Mariners offseason/free agency thread

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you think ...of a ..guy as good as..moore...for utility...dubon..may be it.....
and he hits better.....i think.....but..he started...to tail...off ..last year..so they sent him back...down....

and moore may break..out....better..to have..both.....for now..

moore..is 29 ..years old..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think if Mitch is on the team next year will be more dependent on Kelenic and Julio's progression. Haniger will be 32 next year and if Kelenic and Julio show their potential in 2022, the Mariners may be reluctant to give Haniger the contract he'd get in free agency. The contract would pay Haniger past his prime and he's an injury prone outfielder whose defensive value has started to diminish.

I think a lot of it depends on what happens in 2022. I do think there is a strong possibility that come the end of 2022, what to do with Haniger will be the biggest question of our offseason.
julio..is 21...now a 23...year old guy...you would say...weeell...ok...but ya cant hold him back...cuz of age...so if he can do it...then ok...
..but ya dont want...
julio..
kelenic...
and fraley..all..at the same time.......and then they all...go flat..at the same time....ya like some vets...in there...

i watched a game like that too maney times when..they had saunders...

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya gota grow them..yourself....then..trade for other...guys best grown stuff....that is the way...ya get the best.....teams..

sense...the mariners should stock up at mariners....the next from the top...is tacoma...its like...putting the tail.....on the raineer..gear..whhhatt...

...yeah..

then they prob would be good till...draft..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
loak toung..tha.s...barber...used to be a grocery..where...you could get...a rainnnneeerrrr...beer.....close to cheaney...

looong years...ago..,.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah...fish...did not drink as much as i did...back in those days..but i came to..my senses.....eventually....got off...it...

and do not miss..it..at ..all.............or a headache..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Mariners signed free agent LHP Ian McKinney to a minor league contract.
02/09/22Seattle Mariners signed free agent LHP Danny Young to a minor league contract.
02/09/22Seattle Mariners signed free agent LHP Cameron Ming to a minor league contract.
02/08/22Seattle Mariners signed free agent RHP Asher Wojciechowski to a minor league contract.
02/08/22Seattle Mariners signed free agent SS Erick Mejia to a minor league contract.
well...there is one...one more wont hurt..

Erick Mejia​

• 2B
  • B/T: S/R
  • 5' 11"/195

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cameron Ming​

• P
  • B/T: L/L
  • 6' 1"/177

Danny Young​

• P
  • 6' 3"/200

Ian McKinney​

• P
  • 5' 11"/185

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLBPA delivers latest proposal | 02/18/2022

there is a difference...in service...manipulation....and trying to..get guys...in the right...position...on a team..to make a diff...for themselves..
and..the team....

we have to use kelenic as an example.....and the just..ok year..he had...
ups and downs...are expected...atAAA..,nothing else...will...do..

if the roster...is...full....they have to ..wait...

then..we..can..look..at there...................beef

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orange Lutheran
Orange Lutheran (CA)
3-0-0

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think if Mitch is on the team next year will be more dependent on Kelenic and Julio's progression. Haniger will be 32 next year and if Kelenic and Julio show their potential in 2022, the Mariners may be reluctant to give Haniger the contract he'd get in free agency. The contract would pay Haniger past his prime and he's an injury prone outfielder whose defensive value has started to diminish.

I think a lot of it depends on what happens in 2022. I do think there is a strong possibility that come the end of 2022, what to do with Haniger will be the biggest question of our offseason.
I kind of disagree in a way, I get the premise of his prime but gone are the days of a player like Haniger getting a contract where a club will just write off the last couple of years. As much as we like Haniger IMO he isn’t worth anything more than a hard 3 year deal if it is big money. I don’t think Julio or Kelenic’s performances really matters because of the DH. Preferably Kyle Lewis can be the DH but if I were Jerry I would be trying to deal him before Haniger.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a trade situation I think I'd rather not bother landing more prospects unless Dipoto has some genius plan to then immediately flip those prospects for someone who can impact the team today and beyond.

I think it would hurt the team in 2022 if we traded Haniger and didn't somehow turn that into a player who can add as much value to the team in 2022 as Haniger does.

I will say that if the Mariners were to explore that route, they'd be selling him high right now as this was only his second injury-free season in his major league career. It would be a shame if we just let him walk in free agency and didn't get anything for him.
My point was we sign an extra free agent like Suzuki to replace a traded Haniger and get prospects since we would have no immediate spots for them and those prospects could replace one or two current prospects we deal for other starters like in a Olson/Chapman deal or a Reynolds deal.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haniger Trade Ideas:

To White Sox for 3B Prospect (#3 WS) Jake Burger and Craig Kimbrel

Load up our pen and get a 3B prospect ready to play up or AAA. Todd Frazier comparisons.

--------------------

To Giants for C Joey Bart (#2 SF/#16 MLB)

Throw in Murphy and get another lower prospect back

---------------------

To Dodgers for Bellinger and a prospect or two

Gets us a CF. Talented player coming off a bad year. Worth the risk but prospects need to be a Top 5 and a Top 20.

--------------------
This from a Brewers Page.

Brewers receive: OF Mitch Haniger, LHP Aaron Fletcher

Mariners Receive: P Adrian Houser

I say hard pass.

----------------------

I am sure there are better deals out there, but these come to my bored mind.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion I think the Mariners need to learn how to win and trading away Haniger would make this team worse. We already have a hole at LF and we would then be creating a hole at RF. Julio Rodriguez and Kelenic could struggle next season and could be sent back down to the minors or even an injury to someone could change things. Why is it when someone turns 30 everyone wants to trade him away. Even though he hit almost 40 bombs and 100 RBIs lets just trade him away and put all the pressure on kelenic and Rodriguez to produce and win us games. I say we keep Haniger by the time any of our top prospects is due a mega deal Haniger would probably be retired.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With keeping Haniger, this team still needs two bats. Trading him away and not getting one in return means you need 3 imo.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion I think the Mariners need to learn how to win and trading away Haniger would make this team worse. We already have a hole at LF and we would then be creating a hole at RF. Julio Rodriguez and Kelenic could struggle next season and could be sent back down to the minors or even an injury to someone could change things. Why is it when someone turns 30 everyone wants to trade him away. Even though he hit almost 40 bombs and 100 RBIs lets just trade him away and put all the pressure on kelenic and Rodriguez to produce and win us games. I say we keep Haniger by the time any of our top prospects is due a mega deal Haniger would probably be retired.
Sp letting him walk after the season for nothing is a better option? You would still need to replace his bat a year later and you got zip for him. Arod situation all over again. One injury away and he doesn't even give you a full year.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With keeping Haniger, this team still needs two bats. Trading him away and not getting one in return means you need 3 imo.

Not trading him still means we need 3 bats. 2 this year and one next year and there is no guarantee he makes it through the year. I just think it is the biggest mistake in baseball to let a valued player walk for nothing.

Signing Suzuki, Bryant, and Story gets you the 3 bats and easily replaces Haniger. Plus like I said before, the prospects you get for Haniger replace some prospects you trade for more veteran players. You could go after Olson and Chapman or make a run at Reynolds or JRam. It isn't just trading him away it is several moving pieces together.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trading him still means we need 3 bats. 2 this year and one next year and there is no guarantee he makes it through the year. I just think it is the biggest mistake in baseball to let a valued player walk for nothing.

Signing Suzuki, Bryant, and Story gets you the 3 bats and easily replaces Haniger. Plus like I said before, the prospects you get for Haniger replace some prospects you trade for more veteran players. You could go after Olson and Chapman or make a run at Reynolds or JRam. It isn't just trading him away it is several moving pieces together.
Yes i just meant in 2022 terms. You should know by next winter if you have someone that can fill his shoes or not. FWIW the white sox and dodgers ideas sound good to me

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes i just meant in 2022 terms. You should know by next winter if you have someone that can fill his shoes or not. FWIW the white sox and dodgers ideas sound good to me
Those were the two most realistic in my mind. Getting Bart from SF would be a long shot since they refused to deal him in the Bryant trade.

As far as 2022 goes, trading Haniger is one step back but signing a 3rd bat this year and trading prospects for another bat or two would be two or three steps forward. Getting Michael Garciaparra for AFraud still kills me to this day. Haniger has a tenth of the value AFraud had, but something is better than nothing.