• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Paper Tigers

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny so was his worst. Lol

The numbers he accumulated while playing indoors is only rivaled by Brees. Please let's not try to make less of this. Peyton is the GOAT in a dome. Fans should embrace such a feat.
Yea but was his fall off due to playing outdoors or was it because Father Time hit him like a truck

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the era of this century that we are still living in. The Eagles are very much still in a lasting Andy Reid era with Pederson and Roseman in place. Like a Roman Empire.

No, the Andy Reid era is and has been long over.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but was his fall off due to playing outdoors or was it because Father Time hit him like a truck
Oh father time naturally. It gets us all. Not arguing if he was talented or not.
The point is the numbers, not necessarily the percentages that he's credited with would likely not be the same if they were played outside. This isn't really debatable. It's common sense. Indoors vs. outdoors.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock is not good. Don't understand why people think that he is. Denver putting all their confidence in him worries me. But, with the addition of Melvin Gordon, the offense might improve but not too much. Tannehill showed last year that he's a pretty decent QB and with a stellar running game and defense, he can be carried to a division title this year. Jury is still out on Mayfield, in my opinion. Cousins is only as good as his weapons and defense are. He's an elite fantasy QB at best.
I like how you say Lock isn't good without any sample size to work with but Mayfield has had an extra year and the jury is still out.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the era of this century that we are still living in. The Eagles are very much still in a lasting Andy Reid era with Pederson and Roseman in place. Like a Roman Empire.
It's funny how much Cowboy fans cry about the fact that our Super Bowl was won under the current regime.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the Andy Reid era is and has been long over.
Andy picked Fletcher Cox and Nick Foles. Leaders of the defense and offense on the Super Bowl run.

Actually, Doug Pederson went to scout Foles as a part of Reid's staff in Philadelphia.

Just some facts for your discussion.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC Paper Tigers - Ravens

I think the Titans exposed Lamar Jackson and the Ravens. You have the NFL MVP and go one and done in the postseason? I think the hype is over for them. The Chiefs will reign supreme over the NFL as long as Mahomes remains in his prime and healthy. Perhaps I could be wrong, but Jackson may just be the new Mike Vick. He'll make flashy plays, put up big passing and rushing numbers, but never lead a team to a Super Bowl.

NFC Paper Tigers - Packers

They could be in for a down season. Rodgers is another year older. They just drafted his replacement, which could leave him unmotivated. The firepower isn't the scariest in the NFL. But Green Bay having an air apparent could light a fire in Rodgers that has him playing at his best. Either way, Rodgers window as an elite QB will be closed a couple seasons. Should the falloff happen this year, the Packers better be ready to develop Jordan Love. I'm not counting on the Packers to make a deep playoff run this year.

Ravens...The Titans did expose the Ravens, but idt it had much to do with Jackson...I think it's been common knowledge for quite some time...get two possessions up on them and see how they respond....the two teams that did that during the regular season both beat the Ravens. TN did that in the playoff game as well.

What TN exposed was a weak run DEF...and we see how BAL responded this offseason. 2 LBs, and a DT drafted plus a vet FA DT.

2020...the OFC will be effective as long as Jackson can move like he can now...I think they will be in the hunt again.

Packers...I tend to agree more here. Aside from Dillon...This offseason was not one that seemed to help them much on OFC this season. I do think Rodgers is still one of the top 6 or 7 talents at the position in the league...but he can't keep making lemonade with limes....Can the DEF remain in the top 10?

MIN imo are what they are with Cousins...window closing fast. CHI will rebound, to what degree? I think at least 9-10 wins. DET has to come back from a 3 win season with a healthy Stafford.

2020...Love is not going to play much if at all this season unless GB is out of it with 2 or 3 games left. GB will be in the mix all season. Rodgers is that good, but when it comes to the playoffs...I'm not sure they have enough.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC Paper Tigers - Packers

They could be in for a down season. Rodgers is another year older. They just drafted his replacement, which could leave him unmotivated. The firepower isn't the scariest in the NFL. But Green Bay having an air apparent could light a fire in Rodgers that has him playing at his best. Either way, Rodgers window as an elite QB will be closed a couple seasons. Should the falloff happen this year, the Packers better be ready to develop Jordan Love. I'm not counting on the Packers to make a deep playoff run this year.

You shut your whore mouth

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens...The Titans did expose the Ravens, but idt it had much to do with Jackson...I think it's been common knowledge for quite some time...get two possessions up on them and see how they respond....the two teams that did that during the regular season both beat the Ravens. TN did that in the playoff game as well.

What TN exposed was a weak run DEF...and we see how BAL responded this offseason. 2 LBs, and a DT drafted plus a vet FA DT.

2020...the OFC will be effective as long as Jackson can move like he can now...I think they will be in the hunt again.

Packers...I tend to agree more here. Aside from Dillon...This offseason was not one that seemed to help them much on OFC this season. I do think Rodgers is still one of the top 6 or 7 talents at the position in the league...but he can't keep making lemonade with limes....Can the DEF remain in the top 10?

MIN imo are what they are with Cousins...window closing fast. CHI will rebound, to what degree? I think at least 9-10 wins. DET has to come back from a 3 win season with a healthy Stafford.

2020...Love is not going to play much if at all this season unless GB is out of it with 2 or 3 games left. GB will be in the mix all season. Rodgers is that good, but when it comes to the playoffs...I'm not sure they have enough.

BAL - For me, it starts with this question: Can Jackson continually replicate what he did in 2019? Considering that was one hell of a year - I don't think he can, otherwise we're talking a HOF career in just a few more short years. Now, with that being said - the next question is - can he improve in his other areas (i.e. passing accuracy) enough to off-set not having a career year. I'm not so sure, but I don't think he'll suddenly be terrible, either. Teams will have a full season on film to adjust defensively - and Jackson will have to adjust some, in theory. It'll be interesting to see how this unfolds.

NFC - I'm not sure. Seems like there are a few teams getting some love, and any one of them could easily end up 8-8, or worse.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAL - For me, it starts with this question: Can Jackson continually replicate what he did in 2019? Considering that was one hell of a year - I don't think he can, otherwise we're talking a HOF career in just a few more short years. Now, with that being said - the next question is - can he improve in his other areas (i.e. passing accuracy) enough to off-set not having a career year. I'm not so sure, but I don't think he'll suddenly be terrible, either. Teams will have a full season on film to adjust defensively - and Jackson will have to adjust some, in theory. It'll be interesting to see how this unfolds.

NFC - I'm not sure. Seems like there are a few teams getting some love, and any one of them could easily end up 8-8, or worse.

Good point on Jackson developing more as a passer...66% comp % is not bad at all, but 3100 yds is not great in this era. I actually think they are so unconventional and Jackson is so elusive that week in week out they will move the ball. Redzone production and scoring might not be as good, but they can afford a little drop off and still be very competitive.

Having watched the entire run of Mike Vick...I don't think DCs will figure out the talent that is Lamar Jackson, but if he continues to run with the ball as much as he did LY, he's one hit away from not being the elusive talent that he is now. But in JAN...we need to see where Jackson has taken his game.

I didn't think they had a top 5 DEF LY and it showed against TN, but the Ravens are not going anywhere.

NFC...one good reason to pick GB to fall back is they went 6-0 in DIV LY...I don't think they will sweep the DIV this yr. Plus they have NO, ATL, Tampa, SF, PHI out of DIV.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy picked Fletcher Cox and Nick Foles. Leaders of the defense and offense on the Super Bowl run.

Actually, Doug Pederson went to scout Foles as a part of Reid's staff in Philadelphia.

Just some facts for your discussion.

Yes Andy drafted some guys but he's not the reason why they won the SB

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how you say Lock isn't good without any sample size to work with but Mayfield has had an extra year and the jury is still out.

Interesting comparison, but imo he's right on Baker...Idk what percentage of the fan base has full confidence in him, but I think it probably went down a little and he needs a solid year to get everyone back on board with him so I agree the jury is still out on him.

Lock...? maybe...maybe not...quick call on him by Terry.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah...so this is my bad. For some reason, I had Drew STANTON in my head when thinking about Drew Lock. Whoopsie!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...so this is my bad. For some reason, I had Drew STANTON in my head when thinking about Drew Lock. Whoopsie!
I personally think he should go by Andrew Lock just to troll people.

Truth be told, i still think Drew Lock is still a year off but I do think this is the make or break year for Mayfield.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think he should go by Andrew Lock just to troll people.

Truth be told, i still think Drew Lock is still a year off but I do think this is the make or break year for Mayfield.

Yeah I agree about Baker. This is the year Mayfield needs to be on his game every week. With the talent on both sides of the ball, the Browns truly should be a playoff team this year. But Baker can't play a full game at the level he needs to play at.

Andrew Lock would be a hilarious troll attempt. I would support him fully to do that haha

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point on Jackson developing more as a passer...66% comp % is not bad at all, but 3100 yds is not great in this era. I actually think they are so unconventional and Jackson is so elusive that week in week out they will move the ball. Redzone production and scoring might not be as good, but they can afford a little drop off and still be very competitive.

Having watched the entire run of Mike Vick...I don't think DCs will figure out the talent that is Lamar Jackson, but if he continues to run with the ball as much as he did LY, he's one hit away from not being the elusive talent that he is now. But in JAN...we need to see where Jackson has taken his game.

I didn't think they had a top 5 DEF LY and it showed against TN, but the Ravens are not going anywhere.

NFC...one good reason to pick GB to fall back is they went 6-0 in DIV LY...I don't think they will sweep the DIV this yr. Plus they have NO, ATL, Tampa, SF, PHI out of DIV.

When you run as much as Jackson did you're not going to put up huge passing yard numbers.