• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Paper Tigers

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's do a quick review.

Comment # 1- OP said he thinks the Titans exposed Jackson & the Ravens. No mention of Peyton.

Comment # 2 (that's your comment)- I guess Peyton was "exposed".

And OP didn't mention anything about Manning until comment # 10 when he responded to you.

I just think it's funny how many Pats fans never pass up an opportunity to take a shot a Peyton. He has nothing to do with this thread. Yet you went outta your way to bring him up.

Pat fans just love to watch other fans squirm when they're reminded that Peyton had those nine-one-and-dones while still being credited as the greatest dome QB eva!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of this comes down to which QBs are not really as good as people think.

Tannehill?
Lock?
Mayfield?
Cousins?

Consider yourself on report to @Wamu. How dare you bring up QBs in a football thread.

@Tapey is this reason to add him to the list?

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not one of those teams should be considered a tiger going into the season.

The Titans were good, but still only entered the postseason as a wild card. I think Tannehill is underrated, but the Titans are hardly anyone's favorites right now.

Denver hasn't had a winning season since Manning retired. I like 'em, but a) I'm a Denver fan, so I'm clearly biased and b) the offense is still very young and very unproven, especially Lock. I can't call a team a tiger if they are as big a question mark as Denver is right now.

I'm not buying anything Cleveland until Baker can prove any kind of consistency. He's okay. Okay QBs do not give teams high expectations.

Any team that has Kirk Cousins should always be considered an also-ran. Cousins can't beat good teams. The Vikings aren't a paper tiger. They're a wet paper bag until they get a real QB.

I only considered teams that are already contenders before I began to think of them as paper tigers.

the titans kickers were under 50% last year.

it cost them at least 2 games.

they should’ve been hosting that game.

this year They will regress because tannehill is not that good.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the titans kickers were under 50% last year.

it cost them at least 2 games.

they should’ve been hosting that game.

this year They will regress because tannehill is not that good.

The only reason they were in the playoffs was because of Tannehill. He was the difference between tge playoffs and them having a top 10 pick in the draft.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason they were in the playoffs was because of Tannehill. He was the difference between tge playoffs and them having a top 10 pick in the draft.

he won't sustain it.

A lot of his top metrics are not stable from year to year..

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he won't sustain it.

A lot of his top metrics are not stable from year to year..

I'm guessing that is largely because he's spent most of his career switching back and forth from the depth chart to IR.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and wentz is a paper puppy

QB league....good luck

I mean, Eagles have already won a Super Bowl with Wentz and him getting injured. How many have the Cowboys won since drafting Dak?

No_idea.jpg

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Eagles have already won a Super Bowl with Wentz and him getting injured. How many have the Cowboys won since drafting Dak?

No_idea.jpg
I'm sure this is you....LOL

and wentz hasn't played 1 QTR of playoff football
it will be another 50 years for the eagles

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy NFC pick is Tampa

Adding Brady abd Gronkvis fun abd maybe it works but i dont think its a slam dunk.

Mediocre OL and im honestly not sure Brady has the arm anymore to take advantage of Tampas wideouts

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure this is you....LOL

and wentz hasn't played 1 QTR of playoff football
it will be another 50 years for the eagles

Guess good thing for the Cowboys fans then that they will be at the halfway point of 50 years this season. LOL

#LoserSquadDallas

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Tompa Bay for me. All this Brady hype is way over the top. Did they do anything to address their other issues? For some reason, I just don't see Brady doing well in Bruce Ariens offense. It really doesn't play to his strengths, regardless of how much talent there is on that side of the ball. And Gronk won't last a month, imo. He'll be on IR by October.
In the AFC, I would have to say the Texans but buttchin will win just enough in a weak division again to keep his job, much to the chagrin of @RobToxin and @Airraidtech . Sorry fellas. I truly sympathise. And the Titans will be their usual slightly above average, squeeze into the playoffs team they always are. Some pundits are jumping on their bandwagon because of the play-off run but I don't think they are contenders.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns last year were one of the all-time paper tiger clubs. So much hype, so little substance. The Eagles "dream team" with Vince Young and Nmadi Asomugha last decade was a good one too.

cybersecuritypapertigers.jpg

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this thread full of fucking retards?
Why the fuck are you even mentioning the Texans you stupid fucks?

let’s see ah, I know football you know a team that isn’t going to do anything this year? Ah, the raiders! Ah the browns! See I know football guyz!!

The Texans aren’t even worth mentioning as a fake contender they ain’t neva been no contender you stupid fucking retards. Jesus Christ. Stay in your homes and never come out so you don’t contaminate the rest of the world.

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Tompa Bay for me. All this Brady hype is way over the top. Did they do anything to address their other issues? For some reason, I just don't see Brady doing well in Bruce Ariens offense. It really doesn't play to his strengths, regardless of how much talent there is on that side of the ball. And Gronk won't last a month, imo. He'll be on IR by October.
In the AFC, I would have to say the Texans but buttchin will win just enough in a weak division again to keep his job, much to the chagrin of @RobToxin and @Airraidtech . Sorry fellas. I truly sympathise. And the Titans will be their usual slightly above average, squeeze into the playoffs team they always are. Some pundits are jumping on their bandwagon because of the play-off run but I don't think they are contenders.
891599AF-213D-4095-8A7A-3E03211E51ED.gif

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this thread full of fucking retards?
Why the fuck are you even mentioning the Texans you stupid fucks?

let’s see ah, I know football you know a team that isn’t going to do anything this year? Ah, the raiders! Ah the browns! See I know football guyz!!

The Texans aren’t even worth mentioning as a fake contender they ain’t neva been no contender you stupid fucking retards. Jesus Christ. Stay in your homes and never come out so you don’t contaminate the rest of the world.

My criteria as stated was teams that made the playoffs and had good records last season. If your point is, Texans are always paper tigers and fake contenders, I guess I agree.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess good thing for the Cowboys fans then that they will be at the halfway point of 50 years this season. LOL

#LoserSquadDallas

and philly still hasn't come close to the number of playoff wins or playoff games Dallas has played.
5 is still a shit load more than 1

onward internet stick jabbers