• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Paper Tigers

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC Paper Tigers - Ravens

I think the Titans exposed Lamar Jackson and the Ravens. You have the NFL MVP and go one and done in the postseason? I think the hype is over for them. The Chiefs will reign supreme over the NFL as long as Mahomes remains in his prime and healthy. Perhaps I could be wrong, but Jackson may just be the new Mike Vick. He'll make flashy plays, put up big passing and rushing numbers, but never lead a team to a Super Bowl.

NFC Paper Tigers - Packers

They could be in for a down season. Rodgers is another year older. They just drafted his replacement, which could leave him unmotivated. The firepower isn't the scariest in the NFL. But Green Bay having an air apparent could light a fire in Rodgers that has him playing at his best. Either way, Rodgers window as an elite QB will be closed a couple seasons. Should the falloff happen this year, the Packers better be ready to develop Jordan Love. I'm not counting on the Packers to make a deep playoff run this year.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC Paper Tigers - Ravens

I think the Titans exposed Lamar Jackson and the Ravens. You have the NFL MVP and go one and done in the postseason? I think the hype is over for them. The Chiefs will reign supreme over the NFL as long as Mahomes remains in his prime and healthy. Perhaps I could be wrong, but Jackson may just be the new Mike Vick. He'll make flashy plays, put up big passing and rushing numbers, but never lead a team to a Super Bowl.

NFC Paper Tigers - Packers

They could be in for a down season. Rodgers is another year older. They just drafted his replacement, which could leave him unmotivated. The firepower isn't the scariest in the NFL. But Green Bay having an air apparent could light a fire in Rodgers that has him playing at his best. Either way, Rodgers window as an elite QB will be closed a couple seasons. Should the falloff happen this year, the Packers better be ready to develop Jordan Love. I'm not counting on the Packers to make a deep playoff run this year.

I guess Peyton was "exposed" alot going 9 one and done in playoffs but he still managed to get to 4 SB's and win 2.

Lamar's teammates love him, and he doesn't care about the spotlight or accolades, just wants to win the big game. Only concern for me, is with him sacrificing his body to get extra yards, how long can he sustain the beatings

Last edited:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Peyton was "exposed" alot going 9 one and done in playoffs but he still managed to get to 4 SB's and win 2.

Lamar's teammates love him, and he doesn't care about the spotlight or accolades, just wants to win the big game. Only concern for me, is with him sacrificing his body to get extra yards, how long can he sustain the beatings
As much as I hate to say it, you're right. I'm hoping last year was an anomaly, but the way Baltimore has built the rest of the team, he is set for success. He has a great OL, a tremendous stable of RBs, a weapon at TE, and plenty of talent at WR. I would be shocked if they are one and done in the playoffs this year. That is a team built for long-term success as long as Jackson continues to progress.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are the Packers a paper tiger when no one is picking them to do squat?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:pound:

Bringing up Peyton, really? How many times have Pats fans brought his name up now, 1 million? :heh:

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys are paper tigers.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys have been paper tigers since the last century, and we are a fifth of the way through the current one, so that's not surprising.

My picks:

NFC: Packers. No receivers for discount double check.

AFC: Texans. Bill O'Brien makes Chip Kelly look like Bill Walsh with his personnel moves.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are the Packers a paper tiger when no one is picking them to do squat?

NFC doesn't have that many candidates. I still believe the Niners are the team to beat and Tampa is interesting, but I'm not sure if they're really any kind of certainty, good or bad. Saints should still be decent, Seahawks will be contenders as long as Wilson is in his prime. Outside of that, most of the other teams have big question marks from taking the threat they pose seriously enough to be paper tigers.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did say I could be wrong, I just have my doubts about Jackson becoming the next Peyton given that much of his game is predicated on his athleticism. Manning was a pocket passer, through and through. If he beat you with his legs, it was through trickery, not athleticism.

If Jackson can develop as a passer, he'll go far. But if he continues to rely on his legs, he'll be Mike Vick 2.0. I'm just not ready to buy in yet. The Titans showed if you play disciplined defense against him, he isn't very effective. He still has much to prove, especially in meaningful games.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did say I could be wrong, I just have my doubts about Jackson becoming the next Peyton given that much of his game is predicated on his athleticism. Manning was a pocket passer, through and through. If he beat you with his legs, it was through trickery, not athleticism.

If Jackson can develop as a passer, he'll go far. But if he continues to rely on his legs, he'll be Mike Vick 2.0. I'm just not ready to buy in yet. The Titans showed if you play disciplined defense against him, he isn't very effective. He still has much to prove, especially in meaningful games.
I hear ya Lamar doesn't have the perfect mechanics at a passer and not accurate on long passes but did the league in TDs last year at 36, led the league in rushing tds at 7 for a QB and set a rushing record as well. By no means am I comparing him to Peyton who is of the best best ever to play the position

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Bringing up Peyton, really? How many times have Pats fans brought his name up now, 1 million? :heh:

I brought it up to the OP who is a Denver fan and who watched Peyton in 2 SB's there, don't understand your statement

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers and Texans are the obvious crash and burn turns relative to their results and acclaim in 2019.

Texans just flat out stink- Watson can't save the sinking ship forever.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My criteria was looking at teams that made the playoffs last year, but if you want to look at hype, like how the Browns were hyped last season, Bucs are probably a paper tiger.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My criteria was looking at teams that made the playoffs last year, but if you want to look at hype, like how the Browns were hyped last season, Bucs are probably a paper tiger.
If Brady fucks around again, that's very possible.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucs should probably be contenders. They have a lot of talent on that team.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I brought it up to the OP who is a Denver fan and who watched Peyton in 2 SB's there, don't understand your statement

Let's do a quick review.

Comment # 1- OP said he thinks the Titans exposed Jackson & the Ravens. No mention of Peyton.

Comment # 2 (that's your comment)- I guess Peyton was "exposed".

And OP didn't mention anything about Manning until comment # 10 when he responded to you.

I just think it's funny how many Pats fans never pass up an opportunity to take a shot a Peyton. He has nothing to do with this thread. Yet you went outta your way to bring him up.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I still like the Browns. Baker plays 75% of the way he did his rookie year and that's a playoff team, imo.
I'm excited at the idea of him having the same HC/OC for two straight offseasons. Hard to imagine meeting your 4th HC less than 2 years after you were drafted, but hey, Cleveland!

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited at the idea of him having the same HC/OC for two straight offseasons. Hard to imagine meeting your 4th HC less than 2 years after you were drafted, but hey, Cleveland!
2000's 49ers energy minus the shoulder separation of the #1 overall pick QB.