• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are two former NFL scouts on one of the local sports talk stations who both claim Winfield is the best safety in this draft and say Dallas would be much better off taking him over both the LSU & Bama safeties. They think he's there at 51 but not when we draft in the 3rd
Winfield kind of reminds me of Earl Thomas. This draft has lots of good DB's. I would suggest the Cowboys load up and draft 2 of them early. Maybe 3 in the first 4 rounds. Sign Quinn and a massive DT in FA.. Byron Jones wont be back. Heath is backup material. We need new blood in the secondary for the future.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm at 50-50 on whether or not I think this is Daks last year with the team. I was 99% up till a month ago. If they contain him before FA begins I think this is it. No reason at all that he shouldn't be signed if he is your guy. The price is only going to go up from here
it is inexcusable that Dak is not signed yet. Sign dak, franchise coop, sign Quinn. First sign dak

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winfield kind of reminds me of Earl Thomas. This draft has lots of good DB's. I would suggest the Cowboys load up and draft 2 of them early. Maybe 3 in the first 4 rounds. Sign Quinn and a massive DT in FA.. Byron Jones wont be back. Heath is backup material. We need new blood in the secondary for the future.
I think that and DL is the ideal plan that they are hoping for, but you can't just go into a draft like that. You need to see who is available when you pick. The team basically told us they passed on better players for Taco and Hill because of need and trying to guess what positions would be available later in the draft and that doesn't work out too well sometimes. Just draft players you think will be great and they will help win games. If it is at a position of strength it allows you to not resign players at those positions as the rookies develop into players. The draft should be based on a 5 to 10 year plan, not a one year plan

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that and DL is the ideal plan that they are hoping for, but you can't just go into a draft like that. You need to see who is available when you pick. The team basically told us they passed on better players for Taco and Hill because of need and trying to guess what positions would be available later in the draft and that doesn't work out too well sometimes. Just draft players you think will be great and they will help win games. If it is at a position of strength it allows you to not resign players at those positions as the rookies develop into players. The draft should be based on a 5 to 10 year plan, not a one year plan
I am not giving up on hill yet. Hopefully he hit the weight room this off season to gain strength. The taco pick was just plain bad. Both picks were not good though considering there were starters on the board and we passed. I think I look at drafting BPA at a position of need and then go from there.. the best thing that happened is Marinelli and Garrett are long gone. What concerns me is they 《jerry and steven) are not allowing our defacto GM (mcclay) do his job.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not giving up on hill yet. Hopefully he hit the weight room this off season to gain strength. The taco pick was just plain bad. Both picks were not good though considering there were starters on the board and we passed. I think I look at drafting BPA at a position of need and then go from there.. the best thing that happened is Marinelli and Garrett are long gone. What concerns me is they 《jerry and steven) are not allowing our defacto GM (mcclay) do his job.
I'm not giving up on Hill yet either, but he looked awful last year, so if you gave me the offer of taking the pick back or keeping Hill, I'd pick someone else...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense, Defense, Defense

might even prefer trading outta 17 to low 20's and picking up another 3rd rounder this season
one month later and this still seems like a good idea to me...certainly if the Florida corner is off the board

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some good QBs in this draft. .its tempting. That Alabams QB Is going to be something. There are 3 or 4 others that also look promising.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some good QBs in this draft. .its tempting. That Alabams QB Is going to be something. There are 3 or 4 others that also look promising.
the more QBs go early the better our options are when it gets to our pick! :thumb:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the more QBs go early the better our options are when it gets to our pick! :thumb:
Yup. Makes 17 more like 15 or so. This team needs a playmaker and the first round has generally been McClay's best picks and especially when picking in the teens like this year. Of course that is assuming Dak is signed or agrees to not sit out if still tagged by the draft date or we could be one of those QB desperate teams :gaah:

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Makes 17 more like 15 or so. This team needs a playmaker and the first round has generally been McClay's best picks and especially when picking in the teens like this year. Of course that is assuming Dak is signed or agrees to not sit out if still tagged by the draft date or we could be one of those QB desperate teams :gaah:

I know we keep talking about McClay and how good he has been but we must also remember some gaffs high up in the draft. Taco will sting for a long time with me. Trystin is going to as well if he can't even get on the field.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we keep talking about McClay and how good he has been but we must also remember some gaffs high up in the draft. Taco will sting for a long time with me. Trystin is going to as well if he can't even get on the field.
No one is perfect and a lot of what has been good could be the second level of scouts (of which we lost a couple of guys last year to retirement and other teams) who are really focused on certain parts of the Country and players in those parts. There were a lot of rumors that Taco and Hill were both opposite of what McClay wanted to do, but certainly both seemed to not be the highest ranked player on the Cowboys board as per all of the scuttlebutt during/after the drafts. Both were examples of the Cowboys choosing need over BPA from what we read at the time. Yet, that is exactly what many seem to still want to do.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is perfect and a lot of what has been good could be the second level of scouts (of which we lost a couple of guys last year to retirement and other teams) who are really focused on certain parts of the Country and players in those parts. There were a lot of rumors that Taco and Hill were both opposite of what McClay wanted to do, but certainly both seemed to not be the highest ranked player on the Cowboys board as per all of the scuttlebutt during/after the drafts. Both were examples of the Cowboys choosing need over BPA from what we read at the time. Yet, that is exactly what many seem to still want to do.

If your the guy, which McClay seems to be, then you don't get to skirt the criticism on those two picks. I do admit that I am on the pissed off side about Taco so I give him little slack on the Trystin pick. One thing that is still a bit of an X factor on draft day is how much JJ pushes his weight to get what we end up getting. I saw nothing of Will telling the staff that they get Watt. Only some type of excuses for that mistake.

If we want to make it to the SB someday, we can't make those mistakes.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your the guy, which McClay seems to be, then you don't get to skirt the criticism on those two picks. I do admit that I am on the pissed off side about Taco so I give him little slack on the Trystin pick. One thing that is still a bit of an X factor on draft day is how much JJ pushes his weight to get what we end up getting. I saw nothing of Will telling the staff that they get Watt. Only some type of excuses for that mistake.

If we want to make it to the SB someday, we can't make those mistakes.
Come on, Our first round track record is the best in the league, or at least close to it. Look at the # of All Pros over recent years picked in the 1st. NO ONE has picks they don't regret. The point with McClay is he isn't "the guy" and that when you are the Dallas Cowboys, or almost any team, all your scouts can do is present their recommendations which is what he does fabulously. Perhaps if he were named GM and "the guy" we'd be even better. Jerry/Garrett have had the final say over the past 5 plus years. That is one of the reasons I can't fault Jerry from a draft perspective, because he does "bless" the final call and even if all he does is listen and not over rule, it has worked on the 1st round picks. But, criticizing McClay with his track record is crazy. Imagine where we would be without those "hits".

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I will say that a lot of our later picks don't seem to be as good as a lot of other teams. You can argue that finding the true value later in the draft is the most important since most of us can "hit" on a 1st round pick, but that is a different argument and one I would probably not defend McClay or this team on.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, Our first round track record is the best in the league, or at least close to it. Look at the # of All Pros over recent years picked in the 1st. NO ONE has picks they don't regret. The point with McClay is he isn't "the guy" and that when you are the Dallas Cowboys, or almost any team, all your scouts can do is present their recommendations which is what he does fabulously. Perhaps if he were named GM and "the guy" we'd be even better. Jerry/Garrett have had the final say over the past 5 plus years. That is one of the reasons I can't fault Jerry from a draft perspective, because he does "bless" the final call and even if all he does is listen and not over rule, it has worked on the 1st round picks. But, criticizing McClay with his track record is crazy. Imagine where we would be without those "hits".

He deserves some shit for those picks. If we can talk about the hits, we can talk about the misses too. On Taco he should have been standing on the table telling the world how good his insight is and Taco sucks. He didnt. Could be because he was duped on Taco or he had no say so.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I will say that a lot of our later picks don't seem to be as good as a lot of other teams. You can argue that finding the true value later in the draft is the most important since most of us can "hit" on a 1st round pick, but that is a different argument and one I would probably not defend McClay or this team on.
And we differ here. Dak in the 4th was outstanding.