• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense, Defense, Defense

might even prefer trading outta 17 to low 20's and picking up another 3rd rounder this season

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a college Player guru so I will always have to lean on you guys.

I read somewhere Javon Kinlaw is a game wrecker.
So I ask do you guys believe this? If so would he be there at 17?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense, Defense, Defense

might even prefer trading outta 17 to low 20's and picking up another 3rd rounder this season
I had read somewhere an idea of trading back to the mid 20's & getting a couple draft picks & Delpit (S)

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had read somewhere an idea of trading back to the mid 20's & getting a couple draft picks & Delpit (S)
I read that Jerry has been quoted talking about making a "splash" so I suspect if true that sure as heck doesn't mean trading back. I think it's been a while for good ol' Jerrah to flex his draft day muscle and wouldn't be surprised if he goes into the day with a "go for broke" draft day mentality - he isn't getting younger. Hopefully there are no Johnny Manziels out there because this may be the year he tells Stephen to shove it if he tries to take the draft card out of his hand...

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that Jerry has been quoted talking about making a "splash" so I suspect if true that sure as heck doesn't mean trading back. I think it's been a while for good ol' Jerrah to flex his draft day muscle and wouldn't be surprised if he goes into the day with a "go for broke" draft day mentality - he isn't getting younger. Hopefully there are no Johnny Manziels out there because this may be the year he tells Stephen to shove it if he tries to take the draft card out of his hand...
yeah.
I literally have no idea how our draft will go. Trade up/back or stay put. Also have no clue what position they are looking for (Many to choose from) if Jerry attempts to make a big splash I assume we would move into the top ten which would be costly.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Walsh trade helped us get one of the baddest men on the planet. I loved Larry Allen. I loved Nate Newton. But give me a healthy Eric Williams and I would pick him every time. I swear that guy was just nasty. I remember William Fuller, an Eagles DE , hit Aikman late one day and got flagged. I swear the next 3 plays big E just mauled that man. I remember Madden kept replaying it on the telecast. Definite Hall of Famer if he would have stayed healthy.
No doubt,Erik William's was nasty before that car crash and likely was the best offensive lineman in the entire NFL prior to that crash. William's also mauled Reggie White on many occasions.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That trading back works so well for Jerry. SMH

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've heard this as well. Seems most think Delpit will be there in the mid 20's. Not going to lie, I's take that with an extra 3rd all day long. We have a lot of holes and after we pay what is expected we pay to keep our own,...the draft becomes that much more important for depth

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That trading back works so well for Jerry. SMH

worked out for the Travis Fredrick selection....Just seems to me we need players at each level of our defense. Four picks in the first 3 rounds seems logical
& if we trade back, gain a couple picks & get the guy we were looking at #17 anyways. How could that be a bad thing?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere Javon Kinlaw is a game wrecker.
So I ask do you guys believe this? If so would he be there at 17?
some mocks say no and some say yes. This is one of the few I'd take at 17 and forgo the trading back. Most mocks I've seem has us taking Xavier McKinney at 17. Good player but Delpit at the mid twenties and an extra 3rd seems better to me

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some mocks say no and some say yes. This is one of the few I'd take at 17 and forgo the trading back. Most mocks I've seem has us taking Xavier McKinney at 17. Good player but Delpit at the mid twenties and an extra 3rd seems better to me
I've seen like 5 different DL and DB's projected to us...and I would be happy with any of them. The draft sets up well for us

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just like before we got Fredericks. I had been wanting a Center forever. (so it seemed)
If we could land Kinlaw (without moving up in a kings ransom) at 17.
My thoughts for the last couple years is to find that DT. If he is what you guys think he is. I say fuck moving back for the same Safety.
My dream is a game wrecking DT!
(just like back in the day for a center)
it would make the biggest difference.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
& if we trade back, gain a couple picks & get the guy we were looking at #17 anyways. How could that be a bad thing?
Sure, if there was a way to know but you don't. If you have a guy you take him and you don't get cute IMO.
The idea a guy may or may not still be there based on mocks or whatever else is for fans, not NFL teams...well, maybe for Jerry...I think NFL teams mainly trade back when they don't have a guy they like on their own draft board in that spot (very unlikely at #17) or when they have more guys that they value similarly than spots they are trading back, guaranteeing they will get one, or trade way back and just looking for value. Maybe one of the above happens, but I kind of feel like we won't be trading back. I think this team wants and needs top end quality.

Every year I say I don't want to trade up and then every year during the draft there is a guy I like on the board a few spots before us and I find myself secretly hoping we do indeed trade up. Superstars win Titles. If we have a guy we love on the board I hope we don't trade back. Trading up is always risky too of course. I guess all of this is what makes the draft so much fun.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, if there was a way to know but you don't. If you have a guy you take him and you don't get cute IMO.
The idea a guy may or may not still be there based on mocks or whatever else is for fans, not NFL teams...well, maybe for Jerry...I think NFL teams mainly trade back when they don't have a guy they like on their own draft board in that spot (very unlikely at #17) or when they have more guys that they value similarly than spots they are trading back, guaranteeing they will get one, or trade way back and just looking for value. Maybe one of the above happens, but I kind of feel like we won't be trading back. I think this team wants and needs top end quality.

Every year I say I don't want to trade up and then every year during the draft there is a guy I like on the board a few spots before us and I find myself secretly hoping we do indeed trade up. Superstars win Titles. If we have a guy we love on the board I hope we don't trade back. Trading up is always risky too of course. I guess all of this is what makes the draft so much fun.

Two drafts ago I wanted Derwin James so bad. I couldn’t believe he just kept falling. We got a good player though. Hope he bounces back

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree 100% for every TF we have Juilius Jones, tight ends and other trade down beauties. I have seen more players of need gone ahead of us by not tradinng up. If you trade down you are taking a gamble and hoping the one you want will fall, I feel like more often then not someone seems to jumps us and get the player we need. If you got the guy you want, you take him. Dont get cute.

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100% for every TF we have Juilius Jones, tight ends and other trade down beauties. I have seen more players of need gone ahead of us by not tradinng up. If you trade down you are taking a gamble and hoping the one you want will fall, I feel like more often then not someone seems to jumps us and get the player we need. If you got the guy you want, you take him. Dont get cute.
maybe it's the Cowboys....miss on a trade up hurts much more. Lose a draft pick to draft a bust. Hello Mo Claiborne

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need defense with all the picks. In FA sign Quinn back.
A lineup of:
Dlaw
Kinlaw
?
Quinn
Not sure yet if Hill is a complete bust or not. I have a feeling We let jines walk. Need a corner in 2nd or 3rd then

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need defense with all the picks. In FA sign Quinn back.
A lineup of:
Dlaw
Kinlaw
?
Quinn
Not sure yet if Hill is a complete bust or not. I have a feeling We let jines walk. Need a corner in 2nd or 3rd then
I think there are two ways they resign Quinn. First would be sign him before FA and second would be if he sits out there for a while and no one signs him because it seems we aren't going to give him a huge deal. This defense was horrible in big spots last year and our two best defenders may have been Quinn and Jones and we may lose them both - not to say either is close to as good as Lawrence, just talking about last season. Without those two this defense would have been pathetic and this team thinks the best way to make a poor defense better is to move forward without those two and put our hopes in draft picks that may or may not even contribute at the NFL level. Welcome to the Dallas Cowboys...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
worked out for the Travis Fredrick selection....Just seems to me we need players at each level of our defense. Four picks in the first 3 rounds seems logical
I agree. I used to hate this, because Jerry was free balling the picks, but I trust our scouting department and decision making now. Bottom line on trading back, is you cant count on Delpit to be there, but if you are at 17, and there are 8 players on your board that you value about the same, then you can trade back 8 spots and still get a guy you like. Pretty simple