• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we keep talking about McClay and how good he has been but we must also remember some gaffs high up in the draft. Taco will sting for a long time with me. Trystin is going to as well if he can't even get on the field.
I dont know that mcclay was on board with these two picks. I sure as hell was not thrilled when they selected Taco over Watt. Then last year they drafted Hill and I wanted thornhill.

Sometimes I think you can throw measurables out the window. I believe coaches need to adjust scheme to fit what players do best. Garrett and the rest of the coaches failed miserably at this and it is a major reason they are gone.

Watt would have been a force in a 4-3. Good athlete and has heart and determination. Then we draft Hill when we knew damn well we already had starters penciled in at DT. You simply dont waste 2nd round picks on a player that has no chance at starting. Meanwhile thornhill started and played pretty well for the Chiefs

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deserves some shit for those picks. If we can talk about the hits, we can talk about the misses too. On Taco he should have been standing on the table telling the world how good his insight is and Taco sucks. He didnt. Could be because he was duped on Taco or he had no say so.
Correct, but I'm not ignoring that at all. I'm pointing out that criticizing his and the teams body of work in the first round is nuts and will ask you to name 3 teams that have done a better job with their 1st round picks in the last 10 years.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we differ here. Dak in the 4th was outstanding.
Of course Dak is. That's one. I'm sure we can name a few more too, but you should be able to list a Hell of a lot more than one per year or it's not good. 2016 was awesome. Other than that? Maybe one good NFL starter per year? Maybe none some years?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know that mcclay was on board with these two picks. I sure as hell was not thrilled when they selected Taco over Watt. Then last year they drafted Hill and I wanted thornhill.

Sometimes I think you can throw measurables out the window. I believe coaches need to adjust scheme to fit what players do best. Garrett and the rest of the coaches failed miserably at this and it is a major reason they are gone.

Watt would have been a force in a 4-3. Good athlete and has heart and determination. Then we draft Hill when we knew damn well we already had starters penciled in at DT. You simply dont waste 2nd round picks on a player that has no chance at starting. Meanwhile thornhill started and played pretty well for the Chiefs
All post draft mumbling said he wasn't and that those were Marinelli/Garrett picks, but who knows for sure. They all are smart enough to say they were on-board when asked, so even though we heard immediately about draft room disagreements, they all claimed to be on-board "officially".

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we keep talking about McClay and how good he has been but we must also remember some gaffs high up in the draft. Taco will sting for a long time with me. Trystin is going to as well if he can't even get on the field.
Well to be fair Hill wasnt a 1st round pick.
He was a late 2nd round pick. (& the jury is still out on him)

Now Taco. I dont think anyone understood that pick from the get go.
So one bad 1st round pick out of a lot. That is gonna happen unfortunately.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to be fair Hill wasnt a 1st round pick.
He was a late 2nd round pick. (& the jury is still out on him)

Now Taco. I dont think anyone understood that pick from the get go.
So one bad 1st round pick out of a lot. That is gonna happen unfortunately.
I get that but he was just a colossal mistake. We just didnt need one as it hurt us bad and we are still feeling the effects.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that but he was just a colossal mistake. We just didnt need one as it hurt us bad and we are still feeling the effects.
He is a 21 yr. old kid who was undersized. he now has a year under NFL pros. Strength & conditioning, learning & such. He also sat most of his final year. Now I was disappointed as well. normally a 2nd rd. pick you want to be able to make a difference in their 1st year & he absolutely didnt. I get the frustration. However what I dont want to see, which has happened many times throughout our past. Is do the work to make a kid a pro & then send him down the road where he turns out awesome for some other team. So again I stand by the jury is still out on him.

However the reason I bring up his late 2nd round status is because you & jarntt were talking of 1st round blunders. he is not one of those. Not even like we picked him in the 30's (just outside of the 1st round) he was 58th pick (64th is end of 2nd round)

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a 21 yr. old kid who was undersized. he now has a year under NFL pros. Strength & conditioning, learning & such. He also sat most of his final year. Now I was disappointed as well. normally a 2nd rd. pick you want to be able to make a difference in their 1st year & he absolutely didnt. I get the frustration. However what I dont want to see, which has happened many times throughout our past. Is do the work to make a kid a pro & then send him down the road where he turns out awesome for some other team. So again I stand by the jury is still out on him.

However the reason I bring up his late 2nd round status is because you & jarntt were talking of 1st round blunders. he is not one of those. Not even like we picked him in the 30's (just outside of the 1st round) he was 58th pick (64th is end of 2nd round)
Lol. I was talking about taco.

And hill was our first pick in draft. even at 2. Gotta hit that one too. Head scratcher. I am not writing him off but there were too many down sides to him in college.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit are we spoiled? Arguing about the worthiness of second round picks @ 1 year. The year prior we took the Williams kid from Texas. Has he really proven his "worth" yet? Let them play out their rookie deal before we define their value to the team like it's bible after year 1 or year 2. These young guys are a work in progress, some are prepared better than others. Colossal mistake? GTFO with that shit.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit are we spoiled? Arguing about the worthiness of second round picks @ 1 year. The year prior we took the Williams kid from Texas. Has he really proven his "worth" yet? Let them play out their rookie deal before we define their value to the team like it's bible after year 1 or year 2. These young guys are a work in progress, some are prepared better than others. Colossal mistake? GTFO with that shit.

Really we are talking about the most fucked up pick, Taco. Hill was just head scratcher. Was barely on field in college. Pros are going to make him any different? Not so far. I won't give up on him yet. I didn't give up on JSmith at all but everything I read about that kid was he was working harder than anybody to get back on that field. So far I haven't heard shit about Hill.

And we are not spoiled. NE is spoiled. Pretty much rest of league ain't.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I haven't given up on him and you are right about having a year under the belt. Just have not heard anything to make me think he is/was a good pick. He had a great step in college. That will get you shut down in the Pros unless you have something to go with it.

Him sitting out for most of his senior year had to do with the coaches not seeing as much in him as our scouts. If he was a top 60 pick, he would have played.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Dak is. That's one. I'm sure we can name a few more too, but you should be able to list a Hell of a lot more than one per year or it's not good. 2016 was awesome. Other than that? Maybe one good NFL starter per year? Maybe none some years?

Was going through some drafts and OH MY GOD we had some real shitty drafts.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really we are talking about the most fucked up pick, Taco. Hill was just head scratcher. Was barely on field in college. Pros are going to make him any different? Not so far. I won't give up on him yet. I didn't give up on JSmith at all but everything I read about that kid was he was working harder than anybody to get back on that field. So far I haven't heard shit about Hill.

And we are not spoiled. NE is spoiled. Pretty much rest of league ain't.
The same Taco that sacked Dak? He was a second rounder we over drafted (10-20 projected slots) based on need. I'm not going to go deep defending him, but I will defend the FO drafting a "war daddy". At that time, our DEs were thinner than Jerrys hair. We had DLaw and not much else. I remember wanting the kid from Michigan State that Seattle took. He ended up in an ATV accident and I don't think ever played a snap. We could have had that situation and not gotten anything in return.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same Taco that sacked Dak? He was a second rounder we over drafted (10-20 projected slots) based on need. I'm not going to go deep defending him, but I will defend the FO drafting a "war daddy". At that time, our DEs were thinner than Jerrys hair. We had DLaw and not much else. I remember wanting the kid from Michigan State that Seattle took. He ended up in an ATV accident and I don't think ever played a snap. We could have had that situation and not gotten anything in return.

I get we were thin at DE, but Taco was a bad pick, even if it were for need.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was going through some drafts and OH MY GOD we had some real shitty drafts.
2009 always the worst in somewhat recent years to me. Not sure who was in charge then other than the Jones boys...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get we were thin at DE, but Taco was a bad pick, even if it were for need.

And that is exactly why it was such a bad pick. We drafted for need above talent. I get that people look at the roster and think we need a "xx" but it is just stupid and teams should be smart enough not to do that. I know I sound like a broken record saying it, but if you have a hole you bring in a FA (marginal is find as a placeholder) or of course draft the position when the talent is comparable to whatever else is on the board, but drafting for need is going to backfire more often than not when you pass on a guy that everyone in the room agrees is a much better prospect.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2009 always the worst in somewhat recent years to me. Not sure who was in charge then other than the Jones boys...

Oh yeah did I zero in on that one. Parcells was pretty poor except for Mr. Ware.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is exactly why it was such a bad pick. We drafted for need above talent. I get that people look at the roster and think we need a "xx" but it is just stupid and teams should be smart enough not to do that. I know I sound like a broken record saying it, but if you have a hole you bring in a FA (marginal is find as a placeholder) or of course draft the position when the talent is comparable to whatever else is on the board, but drafting for need is going to backfire more often than not when you pass on a guy that everyone in the room agrees is a much better prospect.

It hurts because you see TJ is still sitting there.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hurts because you see TJ is still sitting there.
Yeah, that's a mulligan that will leave a mark and could have changed this entire team around...