• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft Chat

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like its going to be a lot harder to get trades down while on the clock. Going have to have family members handle calls at least acknowledge the calls . If I'm Elway I have all the family members possible in the house.

They should just add extra time .

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see how trading is any different than any other year. Calling someone on the phone isn’t going to be impacted by the virus. Really behind the scenes most trades are worked out before a team is on the clock. It is all contingent on who is available when team trading is up or if the team trading up still has their guy sitting there. Majority of time the trade is worked out in advance and then will be backed out of or official depending on who is still on the board.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm, a thread started in 2019 for the 2020 draft does not make much sense to me, but if this is where you all are posting, okey dokey……..

Besides the obvious first two draft picks(Burrow, Young), I do not see any offensive talent that has me super excited.

Therefore, I concentrated on players I think Denver has a chance to draft, all defense with one offensive line guy. For me, if Denver drafts one of them, then I am happy.

Defense First round
Isaiah Simmons Clemson
Derrick Brown Auburn
Derrik McKinney Alabama
Kristian Fulton LSU
Patrick Queen LSU

Second Round and Third Round
Yetur Gros-Matos Penn State
Kenneth Murray Oklahoma
Antoine WInfield Minnesota
Malik Harrison Ohio State
Ashtyn Davis California
Jordan Brooks Texas Tech
Troy Dye Oregon
James Lynch Baylor
Jon greenard Florida

Offense First ROund
Jedrick Wills Alabama

Elway had better not draft a QB in the first round, unless it is Joe Burrow. Still, Burrow only had one GREAT year, can he sustain that type of play?

IMHO: Tua Tagliotoavo(spelling) is to injury prone to take a chance on, maybe a 5th round chance, or lower

Caveat: I thought Paxton Lynch would be a good reach at QB when Elway drafted him, I have learned my lesson.

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be fine starting a thread in 2020 for the draft in 2022 if anyone was up for it.

Derrik McKinney? Mingo--- Is this you? Nah, not even you would fake being a Nebraska fan. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnell Mooney, WR, Tulane

He is the cheaper draft version of the speed WR... Just watch.. He goes early 3.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I want for Christmas is LB Kenneth Murray and a speedy, top pick wide receiver. C'mon, that's not asking for too much!

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was out on ESPN today, and Mel Kiper's most recent 2 round mock had us taking Justin Jefferson and Damon Arnette.

The following guys were passed on at 15 for Jefferson:
Javon Kinlaw
K'Lavon Chaisson
Kenneth Murray
Henry Ruggs

I have to say it caught my attention that Ruggs fell to 21 where he was selected by the Eagles.

Here is the link:
Kiper's 2020 NFL Mock Draft 4.0: Two rounds of picks and some QB chaos

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles might move up a bit if Ruggs slides past up to get him. I do like Justin Jefferson. I'd rather a small trade down to get him though.

Someone else on an ESPN show had us going Tee Higgins at 15.. I don't know who but I saw a picture posted of it on twitter. I like Higgins but I just don't see the fit with him next to Sutton. Just doesn't make sense to me. Jefferson makes sense. I'll throw some skittles at the TV set if we pass on Ruggs unless it was for Lamb ;), but I can quickly get over it for a guy like Jefferson (again, would rather move down a few spots if that is the route we go)

Arnette makes a lot of sense to me... I would say he and Robertson are perfect slot cover CB's in the NFL. Arnette better size... Probably would have to take Arnette in Round 2 though, a lot of people have him sliding to Round 3, and I just don't see that.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be fine starting a thread in 2020 for the draft in 2022 if anyone was up for it.

Derrik McKinney? Mingo--- Is this you? Nah, not even you would fake being a Nebraska fan. ;)

I don't think anyone fakes being a Nebraska fan, when the team has had one winning season in five years even wannabes won't fake that. It is easier to just make fun of Nebraska football with your real account, you get more cred for that.

I see I misread my notes and put down Derrik instead of Xavier, at least I had the college correct.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get it - round up the usual suspects

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has moving up for Isaiah Simmons been discussed? Is there a better weapon to ruin that DBag KC QB's day? (I call that MFer PMii a DBag because I have mad respect for his talent.) :heh:

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has moving up for Isaiah Simmons been discussed? Is there a better weapon to ruin that DBag KC QB's day? (I call that MFer PMii a DBag because I have mad respect for his talent.) :heh:

Chinn the S DC is talking in round 2 might be about the same player in guarding TE's and I like the idea that he related to Steve Atwater. I am also warming to drafting him.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chinn the S DC is talking in round 2 might be about the same player in guarding TE's and I like the idea that he related to Steve Atwater. I am also warming to drafting him.

Thanks for mentioning Chinn, Crash. I want to watch some of his film.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I want for Christmas is LB Kenneth Murray and a speedy, top pick wide receiver. C'mon, that's not asking for too much!

I'll expand on this and say Queen, Murray, Dye or Wilson and one of the top three WR's. Anything after that is gravy for me.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Denver Broncos' Defense has a chance to be one of the better ones in the entire league come 2020. Despite the talent on all three levels, the secondary still remains a projection.

While on paper the corner back position seems like the obvious area of weakness on this defense, could safety be an area to help negate some of their coverage concerns heading into the draft?

With Kareem Jackson and Justin Simmons already on the roster that answer would appear to be 'no', but a closer look at NFL trends and Vic Fangio's defensive usage in the past, perhaps that third safety is more of a need than meets the eye.
Analyzing Broncos' Big Darkhorse Roster Need Few are Talking About

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan Wilson doesn’t do a lot for me. Reminds me of Bradley Stewart coming out. Dye is ok but when people had him rd 1 it was way too early. Round 3 is much more appealing.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Denver Broncos' Defense has a chance to be one of the better ones in the entire league come 2020. Despite the talent on all three levels, the secondary still remains a projection.

While on paper the corner back position seems like the obvious area of weakness on this defense, could safety be an area to help negate some of their coverage concerns heading into the draft?

With Kareem Jackson and Justin Simmons already on the roster that answer would appear to be 'no', but a closer look at NFL trends and Vic Fangio's defensive usage in the past, perhaps that third safety is more of a need than meets the eye.
Analyzing Broncos' Big Darkhorse Roster Need Few are Talking About

Exactly what I am thinking. Chinn!!!!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will replace Will Parks that seems to be a given