• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft Chat

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remind me again...do the Chiefs have a good Left Tackle? Or heck their backup even played most of the season. How did that work out? I would say you could argue that just like you said WR is a dependent position so is Tackle in many ways.
I think I saw something that said Fisher was beat at LT in the Super Bowl more than any other tackle was beat all season. But Schwartz on the other side won almost every matchup all game.

I think its fair to say that the Chiefs have a darn good RT and a liability at LT

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I saw something that said Fisher was beat at LT in the Super Bowl more than any other tackle was beat all season. But Schwartz on the other side won almost every matchup all game.

I think its fair to say that the Chiefs have a darn good RT and a liability at LT

Yup I had heard something similar to that. And for the Broncos if James can stay healthy at the RT spot honestly he is a good player. The offense looked efficient during the few snaps he was able to play. So if healthy they should be ok.

The other part of this is Bolles graded out as a top-10 tackle in football once Lock got in the game. The Broncos started calling some shorter routes to help the young guy out and the OL because it was so banged up. Shurmur likes the quick hitting pass game so again OL is important but to a point. I think you can honestly invest too much in your OL. I look at the Cowboys as a great example. Yes they had/have a great OL. It still hasn't done jack squat to win them championships even with some decent weapons, a good defense, a good QB, and a great RB. They have invested both money and huge draft capital to make it the best OL in football. I think they could have done less and helped other positions more and would possibly have a better team overall.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup I had heard something similar to that. And for the Broncos if James can stay healthy at the RT spot honestly he is a good player. The offense looked efficient during the few snaps he was able to play. So if healthy they should be ok.

The other part of this is Bolles graded out as a top-10 tackle in football once Lock got in the game. The Broncos started calling some shorter routes to help the young guy out and the OL because it was so banged up. Shurmur likes the quick hitting pass game so again OL is important but to a point. I think you can honestly invest too much in your OL. I look at the Cowboys as a great example. Yes they had/have a great OL. It still hasn't done jack squat to win them championships even with some decent weapons, a good defense, a good QB, and a great RB. They have invested both money and huge draft capital to make it the best OL in football. I think they could have done less and helped other positions more and would possibly have a better team overall.
Its all connected. Its like a shut down cornerback making an edge rusher look better.

I do think every OL needs at least 2 'plus' players that can win their matchups consistently. Bolles seems like a guy that the Broncos have to trust at this point. Like how the Chiefs have to trust Fisher. Bolles also still potentially might get better.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all connected. Its like a shut down cornerback making an edge rusher look better.

I do think every OL needs at least 2 'plus' players that can win their matchups consistently. Bolles seems like a guy that the Broncos have to trust at this point. Like how the Chiefs have to trust Fisher. Bolles also still potentially might get better.

At some point the Broncos have to trust Munchak to do his job. He has made a career out of turning mid to late round pick guys into good starters. And honestly I do think you saw a lot of his handiwork at the end of the season when over half the OL was backups and yet they were still functioning as an offense. And heck Bolles getting better than probably any other time in his career again is what you want to see.

Now I do worry a little about Bolles during this time away. He is not always the best self motivator from what I understand. He has gotten better over the last year hiring himself his own private OL coach to work with him during the offseason last year, but have to wonder if he will even have that kind of opportunity this offseason.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust in Munch, but I'm also betting there is an Olineman picked in the top three Broncos picks (not three rounds). I'm thinking interior Oline - as Glascow will either center the ball or play guard.

I saw @Draft Crazy make an UDFA prediction of Hambright from the Buffs to the Broncos. Arlington Hambright can potentially take the swing tackle job with the Broncos - if he is coached up.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven’t picked up Bolles 5th year yet so OT is still in play in any round. If Bolles was the answer they would have picked up his option . Thomas could play guard this year and move to T next or when Bolles starts holding and killing drives. Could not do that last year.

I think Juedy or Lamb are first round options and Ruggs at 15 will die down. We’ll see .

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One VERY underrated WR IMO in this years draft is Darnell Mooney of Tulane. To me he is a lot like the KJ Hamler's/Jaen Reagor's of this draft. He is gonna be a great value pick. Nobody has him getting drafted, but just watch.. I bet he goes early on day 3. For those teams banking on a Reagor, Ruggs, Hamler early in this draft, they will miss out and get great value in Darnell Mooney who does very similar things, with very good speed.

Watch for him to go much earlier then anyone has him. Really like Darnell Mooney, Jauan Jennings, Gabriel Davis, Tyrie Cleveland on day 3.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be shocked to see Ruggs as the first WR off the board... Teams fall in love with speed.. Everyone wants that speedster with their legit #1. It really depends on what type of WR you are looking for. I don't see his stock dying. The Falcons did it early with Calvin Ridley to Julio Jones. The Bengals tried it with John Ross to AJ Green.

It really is going to depend on what team is drafting and what type of WR they need. Lamb is still my favorite WR in this years draft, but Ruggs is a close second. Jeudy is right there. I rank these 3 different for whatever team is drafting at WR. It REALLY comes down to the fit, hard to rank them 1-2-3. If I had to do overall rankings, I would put Lamb #1 and he is my personal favorite but Ruggs got nearly the same love.. It's like children. You love them all the same. ;)

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabriel Davis Denver has talked to

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are some day 1 and 2 projected prospects you aren't real fond of? Doesn't mean you hate them, just means you don't like them for your team or you think they are going earlier then they should.

We all know who CEH's is. ;)

Here are some of mine

Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
Neville Gallimore, DT, Oklahoma
Raekwon Davis, DT, Alabama
Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State
Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame
Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming
Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma
Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU
Netani Muti, OG, Fresno State
Josh Uche, OLB, Michigan
James Lynch, DT, Baylor

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting convo yesterday with Brandon Stokley

Back to Sutton and a WR at 15 Brandon Stokely was all in and didn’t think Sutton would have an issue.
Citing a couple examples . Marvin and Reggie and Von embracing Chubb. I texted his show and said yeah Von and Marvin has gotten paid so it’s easy to accept . Sutton is on a rookie contract. He totally agreed saying really good point about Sutton still on a rookie contract.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sutton has a problem going WR in Round 1, when it can greatly benefit him.. I would have major concerns with his attitude as a "ME" player, he is only in year 3. He still has a lot to prove. This is to help him become a better WR and a better team overall. Getting another solid WR could really boom Sutton's career.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sutton has a problem going WR in Round 1, when it can greatly benefit him.. I would have major concerns with his attitude as a "ME" player, he is only in year 3. He still has a lot to prove. This is to help him become a better WR and a better team overall. Getting another solid WR could really boom Sutton's career.

why did Denver draft Fant? To do what at the TE position

Do me a favor and anyone can do this

pick a WR at 15 and project out the 2020 stats for

Sutton
Fant
Wr at 15
Gordon

Last edited:

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like its going to be a lot harder to get trades down while on the clock. Going have to have family members handle calls at least acknowledge the calls . If I'm Elway I have all the family members possible in the house.