• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft Chat

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I like about Ruggs is that he is a football player - 1st and superfast second. He has great hands and gets separation on short and long routes. I think he is 3rd to Lamb and Jeudy, but perhaps the best fit for what the Broncos need in this offense.

One other thing he is good at in running though tackles he is rather good at it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I like about Ruggs is that he is a football player - 1st and superfast second. He has great hands and gets separation on short and long routes. I think he is 3rd to Lamb and Jeudy, but perhaps the best fit for what the Broncos need in this offense.

I think why I have so much confidence in Ruggs to work out is because of 2 reasons 1) You can see the improvement of his football skills from his freshman year to his junior year. He worked on his game. 2) He does the little things well. He doesn't have any trouble sticking his body in position to block and honestly is one fo the most aggressive run blockers at the WR position in this draft. He didn't complain that he wasn't getting the football. Heck he played through injury to try and help his team. Part of why the WR position is hard to predict is because you just don't know what players are actually going to work at their craft and get down the complexities of the NFL. Cody Latimer honestly had all the talent in the world to be a great WR in the NFL. He was big, strong, fast, and had great hands. He refused to work on his game for a long time. Compare that to Sutton now who worked hard on his route running and just exploded on to the scene this year.

When I see a player that showed he worked hard on the little things and the times that helped teammates out without much recognition to them it makes me a much bigger believer.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is also though why I have soured so much on Laviska. The man can block but this past season he honestly wanted very little to do with it. He mostly just tried to get in the way and hope the defender wouldn't be aggressive. I also really struggle to see him getting down an NFL playbook to the max that he can.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think why I have so much confidence in Ruggs to work out is because of 2 reasons 1) You can see the improvement of his football skills from his freshman year to his junior year. He worked on his game. 2) He does the little things well. He doesn't have any trouble sticking his body in position to block and honestly is one fo the most aggressive run blockers at the WR position in this draft. He didn't complain that he wasn't getting the football. Heck he played through injury to try and help his team. Part of why the WR position is hard to predict is because you just don't know what players are actually going to work at their craft and get down the complexities of the NFL. Cody Latimer honestly had all the talent in the world to be a great WR in the NFL. He was big, strong, fast, and had great hands. He refused to work on his game for a long time. Compare that to Sutton now who worked hard on his route running and just exploded on to the scene this year.

When I see a player that showed he worked hard on the little things and the times that helped teammates out without much recognition to them it makes me a much bigger believer.

Great point Carl. It certainly answers the question of why he is such a good football player - when the fastest guy generally has to be made into a football player.

I can just see Drew Lock breaking from the pocket and sidearming a toss to Ruggs - who sets off downfield. Or, Lock trusting Ruggs can run under any deep pass he throws. I hope the draft falls that way.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Queen has a higher draft grade than both Devin White and Bush.
Roquan was 7.0 (Pro Bowl talent)
Queen is 6.71
Devin's 6.70

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Queen is 6.71
Devin's 6.70

It depends on who is grading though.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Queen is 6.71
Devin's 6.70
Queen would be awesome

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to mention one more player connection in the draft this year for the Broncos.. Here is the list so far, who am I forgetting?

Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois (Nephew of Steve Atwater)
Nigel Warrior, S, Tennessee (Son of Dale Carter)
Jordan Glasgow, LB, Michigan (Brother of Graham Glasgow)
Luke Juriga, C, Western Michigan (Son of Jim Juriga)
Cole Habib, OT, Northern Arizona (Son of Brian Habib)
Tom Flacco, QB, Towson University (Brother of Joe Flacco)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Flacco, QB, Towson University (Brother of Joe Flacco)

Yes- Good add. Thought about him after I posted this when I was out for a walk. He should get into a camp. Probably not ours. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one good thing about not having the prodays and private workouts. Seems like at least one high draft pick gets hurt a year anymore in those... But it makes you wonder who got hurt working out and isn't telling the team that is set to draft them? ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one good thing about not having the prodays and private workouts. Seems like at least one high draft pick gets hurt a year anymore in those... But it makes you wonder who got hurt working out and isn't telling the team that is set to draft them? ;)

You know that happened. Reminds me of the time the Broncos drafted Travis McGriff - off everyone's radar and in the hospital on draft day.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other part is the rookies may benefit as they will get more time to rest. Hopefully they are continuing to work out hard but also taking a little time to be rested and ready for their next challenge.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know that happened. Reminds me of the time the Broncos drafted Travis McGriff - off everyone's radar and in the hospital on draft day.

As a Florida fan that guy drove me nuts at Florida let alone when we reached for him.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to figure out what Indy is trying to accomplish with Phyllis on a one year deal. Would they rather have 2 2nds or a mid first? Maybe the edge rusher from LSU would be appealing

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy had several needs. I would be a little surprised to see them trade back into the 1st round.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to figure out what Indy is trying to accomplish with Phyllis on a one year deal. Would they rather have 2 2nds or a mid first? Maybe the edge rusher from LSU would be appealing
Interesting - in the old trade charts (and deals typically still stay close to those numbers) - 15 is worth 1050 and 34 & 44 combined is worth 1040.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed a huge one... I didn't even realize this until I was randomly bored today researching old Bronco players.

TCU WR Jalen Reagor is the son of former Broncos DL Montea Reagor.

Wow all these years watching Jalen and I had no idea.