• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft Chat

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain the career of Brandin Cooks? Speed guy, 4 1000 yard season in the last 5 years. I would say complimentary WR. A 1K season in NE then traded after 1 season. Those are really nice stats however teams trade for him and then trade him away.

Is this a cautionary tale for drafting a complimentary Wr at 15.
I could see a #1 WR at 15.

Also the college game with the wider hash marks makes these bubble screens and slants so much easier to create space and run away from defenders than in the NFL. A lot more crowded in the middle of the field.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans are an odd trading team. Rams eating most of his contract though. Largest portion of a contract every covered after trading to a team in NFL history.

Cooks at one time looked like a great #2 WR...

Just too many concussion.

Not often does a guy get traded(not waived/signed) but TRADED, 3 times

Saints
Patriots
Rams
Texans

Injuries have prevented Cooks from being a really good #2 WR... Still a solid WR, just can't seem to stay healthy and find his home... Big contracts have moved him around a bit, but someone always seems to want a player of his caliber.

I don't get what the Texans are doing though. Very trade happy over the past 5 years. Sorta started with Osweiler. Giving a second to the Browns to take his contract. Trades they have been involved in.

Brock Osweiler
Jadeveon Clowney
Duke Johnson
Laremy Tunsil
DeAndre Hopkins
Brandin Cooks

I might be missing 1 or 2.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans are an odd trading team. Rams eating most of his contract though. Largest portion of a contract every covered after trading to a team in NFL history.

Saints
Patriots
Rams
Texans

Injuries have prevented Cooks from being a really good #2 WR... Still a solid WR, just can't seem to stay healthy and find his home... Big contracts have moved him around a bit, but someone always seems to want a player of his caliber.

I don't get what the Texans are doing though. Very trade happy over the past 5 years. Sorta started with Osweiler. Giving a second to the Browns to take his contract. Trades they have been involved in.

Brock Osweiler
Jadeveon Clowney
Duke Johnson
Laremy Tunsil
DeAndre Hopkins
Brandin Cooks

Sorry I'm asking more about the fact that Cooks is on his 4th team in 6 years.
O'Brein is an idiot.
I guess my main question is why was he traded from Brees and Brady?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I'm asking more about the fact that Cooks is on his 4th team in 6 years.
O'Brein is an idiot.
I guess my main question is why was he traded from Brees and Brady?

Cooks was upset about his role with the Saints the year before he was traded. I thought it was an odd request by Cooks because he had just come off back to back 1,000 seasons... I think Michael Thomas emerging as a star and #1 for the Saints probably had Cooks feeling some type of way.

Thomas had nearly 100 catches as a rookie.

At that time they were forming one of the top young WR duos in the NFL. Cooks seemed to be pushed away by Michael Thomas becoming the go to there.

Other then last yea, Cooks has put up really solid numbers... 4 1,000 yard receiving years in a row.

Health and long term durability is a huge concern at this point though.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooks must to nearing a Draft pick/trading record - this will be the fourth draft he has impacted.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saints
Patriots
Rams
Texans

Brock Osweiler
Jadeveon Clowney
Duke Johnson
Laremy Tunsil
DeAndre Hopkins
Brandin Cooks

Everytime fans get mad at Elway say Texans 3 times what a mess.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain the career of Brandin Cooks? Speed guy, 4 1000 yard season in the last 5 years. I would say complimentary WR. A 1K season in NE then traded after 1 season. Those are really nice stats however teams trade for him and then trade him away.

Is this a cautionary tale for drafting a complimentary Wr at 15.
I could see a #1 WR at 15.

Also the college game with the wider hash marks makes these bubble screens and slants so much easier to create space and run away from defenders than in the NFL. A lot more crowded in the middle of the field.
Or is it cautionary to know if the guy is a a jerk or not - or not a good fit in the clubhouse? I have no idea, but there could be several reasons for a guy keeping Allied Moving Vans in business. All I know is the flag flying over his name is bright red to me.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saints
Patriots
Rams
Texans

Brock Osweiler
Jadeveon Clowney
Duke Johnson
Laremy Tunsil
DeAndre Hopkins
Brandin Cooks

They got Kenny Stills in the Tunsil trade too.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's start a pool to see who can guess where Cooks gets traded to next year. We already know on the Cooks declining scale of value he won't be worth more than a 3rd next year.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How fast was Cooks out of college. 4.33 He put up 1700 yards and 16 TD his senior year
and Elway wants to draft someone with half that production higher up. Talk about a complete SWAG at 15. Elway is on the bottle again.

He's worth 2 first and now a 2nd. Crazy teams keep trading for him and paying his so much.

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If stats defines NFL talent, systems like Texas Tech, Washington State, Western Kentucky or any other air raid offense with no defense would be NFL factories.

You understand the difference between an Alabama team in the SEC and a pass happy Oregon State team in the pac 12?

If only Ruggs could have been the #1 on a pass happy team facing the fierce passing defenses of California, Washington State, Arizona, Colorado’s back then.

I won’t slam dunk Ruggs as a crazy great NFL player because none of us know, but good lord using college stats to justify draft position isn’t gonna keep your job in the NFL. Cooks deserved to go high because he produced and had speed. But he was in a way better situation to post video game like stats then Ruggs.
Cools does have 4 years in his 6 year career of going over 1,000 yards. Last year injured. Rookie year only other year not reaching 1,000. Can’t deny he has been productive.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How fast was Cooks out of college. 4.33 He put up 1700 yards and 16 TD his senior year
and Elway wants to draft someone with half that production higher up. Talk about a complete SWAG at 15. Elway is on the bottle again.

He's worth 2 first and now a 2nd. Crazy teams keep trading for him and paying his so much.

Well I would say Cooks is showing that teams love what he can do on the field but get tired of him off the field. Also injuries I'm sure play a part in that. You don't trade that type of capital for a guy unless you think he is highly productive but at the same time you don't keep trading that guy away unless he has become a pain in my opinion.

And as for production wise Brandin Cooks was it for that Oregon State offense. He had a decent QB in Mannion but I doubt you would even recognize another name on the list of receivers they had that season back in 2013. You put Ruggs on that team and he produces at that kind of level. Jaylon Waddle had less receiving yards than Ruggs and many already consider him a 1st round talent. That might have been the most loaded WR core we have ever seen in college football. So at that point if you view it as having 4 1st round WR's, one of the best running games in football, and a team that blew out teams by half time in 70% of their games then some of the stats make a lot more sense.

This is also me ignoring the fact that Ruggs and Tua were not exactly great fits for one another or the fact that after the first few games of the year Ruggs got hurt and played through it. His best stats happened when he was healthy and blowing past defenders. Have to wonder how much the injury zapped his greatest asset in speed.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our TE was the same as Ruggs ...

Ruggs is a football player I think whoever gets him will be happy they did draft him he is not just any run of the mill guy he is a football player.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only Ruggs could have been the #1 WR in the Pac 12 in those 59-42 game matchups.

Cooks was a baller at Oregon State. He was literally their offense and he had a good college QB in Sean Mannion throwing hims the rock. Mannion was a 3rd round pick. Oregon State doesn't play Defense just like the other majority of the Pac-12.

Cooks complains about his role. He isn't a bad guy off the field. He wanted out of New Orleans when Michael Thomas became the #1, he wanted out of New England when they spread the ball around. Not sure if the Rams traded him because he wasn't happy with his role there, but judging by his history, it is very possible.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our TE was the same as Ruggs ...

Ruggs is a football player I think whoever gets him will be happy they did draft him he is not just any run of the mill guy he is a football player.

Tired of not having this type of difference maker in Denver... We need something that strikes fear into a defense.. Someone who can score at any point of the game. Someone that makes a defense back their DB's up, opening the underneath stuff. Some people see stats, I see what he can do for other players. Ruggs will make the players around him much better because of what he can do. He doesn't need to catch 80 passes a year to call him a success.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talked to someone today that said Munchak really loves Ezra Cleveland. Has him as his 2nd favorite tackle in this draft with the other being one they know will not be available. Wouldn't be shocked to see either the Broncos trade back from 15 or trade up from 46 to secure his services.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tired of not having this type of difference maker in Denver... We need something that strikes fear into a defense.. Someone who can score at any point of the game. Someone that makes a defense back their DB's up, opening the underneath stuff. Some people see stats, I see what he can do for other players. Ruggs will make the players around him much better because of what he can do. He doesn't need to catch 80 passes a year to call him a success.

Lindsay and Ruggs on the same field make:suds: me smile that is for sure.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If stats defines NFL talent, systems like Texas Tech, Washington State, Western Kentucky or any other air raid offense with no defense would be NFL factories.

You understand the difference between an Alabama team in the SEC and a pass happy Oregon State team in the pac 12?

If only Ruggs could have been the #1 on a pass happy team facing the fierce passing defenses of California, Washington State, Arizona, Colorado’s back then.

I won’t slam dunk Ruggs as a crazy great NFL player because none of us know, but good lord using college stats to justify draft position isn’t gonna keep your job in the NFL. Cooks deserved to go high because he produced and had speed. But he was in a way better situation to post video game like stats then Ruggs.
Cools does have 4 years in his 6 year career of going over 1,000 yards. Last year injured. Rookie year only other year not reaching 1,000. Can’t deny
[\QUOTE]

Wait till the hashmarks narrow and he’s doesn’t have the space to run a slant or smoke route. Doesn’t look like he has a lot of wiggle . His route running will become muy importante

The NFL is also a copy cat league hoping to find that unicorn like Hill. History shows otherwise. Cook is the latest vagabond WR. Anyone seen Tavon Austin lately. What’s Percy Harvin up to?