• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft Chat

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't help but think of the run game with Gordon and Lindsay, keep each other fresh and pounding it down teams throat.. Then you have one of the emerging star/physical WR's in Courtand Sutton as your #1. The athletic Noah Fant down low in year two... Then you have Henry Ruggs who can blow the top off or go short and make a play on the smallest of passes. Speed opens up the run game and it opens up the underneath passing game. Everyone benefits!

I think SpringStein could play RB in that Chiefs offense, stay productive with that speed and over the middle tight end work they have. Imagine what two good RB's, a big physical WR like Sutton can do with a speedster who strikes fear!

Drew Lock is going to have no excuse not to succeed if we can hammer out this missing piece.

Now, none of this works if the OL sucks! But that is boring to talk about. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@CEH That is why you use Ruggs to his strengths. You aren't going to be throwing him jump passes in the EZ. That is for the other guys. We have physical, bigger bodies near the GL with Fant, Sutton. That is where those guys come in handy. Nobody claimed Ruggs is the entire package, but he has a big part of the package... Tyreek Hill, Marquise Brown... They have no problems finding the EZ. I don't think you draft Ruggs to think he is going to be a big goal line guy... But even smaller WR's find ways down low.... This isnt arena football. Speed has plenty of room in the NFL.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I would say it is a risk with the draft. You can find certain types of players that busted and others that worked out.

You can point to Tavon Austin and Percy Harvin as examples of why not to take them where I can point to Tyreek Hill, Randy Moss, DeSean Jackson, Mike Wallace, Joey Galloway, heck Bob Hayes was the first iconic burner of the NFL and is in the HOF.

You don't knock a guy because he has speed and other speed guys have busted in the past. That would be like saying the Broncos shouldn't be looking at big armed QB's because Paxton Lynch busted. Would mean they would miss on some pretty darn good QB's like Mahomes or Wentz or even that of Lock now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly my biggest concern that has shown quite often with speed guys is injuries. I don't think Ruggs is one that would bust because he can't play on the field. IF he struggles I think it will be because he is banged up and struggling to both stay on the field and not lose his speed because of an injury.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness to Percy Harvin.. He was well on his way to a long , productive NFL career before injuries struck.

I can't wait to be sitting at Empower Field at Migh High stadium next to CEH... Giving High 5's as Henry Ruggs goes yard vs the Chiefs late in the game for the win! ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and my favorite WR is still Ceedee Lamb..It is pretty much a tie though. Nobody tracks the deep ball like Lamb... But it really doesn't matter to me. I feel like Ruggs is exactly what we need for this offense to step it up besides a good OL and Lock developing, which are obviously the biggest things right now for us to be successful.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like a #1 Wr at #15.
Using examples Of Wrs drafted outside the first round to support Ruggs at #15 actually supports my argument

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kamren Curl and Kenny Robinson two S’s Id be happy with for depth who can start if needed. Curl played CB and S at Arkansas.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the Josiah Scott CB from Mich State? to play the slot? What round?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Scott as a 4th round guy. Some have him rd 3, some rd 5ish. Great speed. Injuries a concern and not much of a tackler. Great athlete and really good recovery speed makes him intriguing. The knee injury was pretty serious so definitely a concern and it really comes down to the long term health of his knee.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Scott as a 4th round guy. Some have him rd 3, some rd 5ish. Great speed. Injuries a concern and not much of a tackler. Great athlete and really good recovery speed makes him intriguing. The knee injury was pretty serious so definitely a concern and it really comes down to the long term health of his knee.

sounds like a quality slot CB is medicals check out

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure there is a WR in this draft that is a slam dunk to be better then Sutton. So if you don’t want to draft a #2 WR we will pass on a WR in round 1. If you want to add a talented WR to make our offense as dangerous as possible then WR is a possibility in round 1. I am all for adding talent to this team to be better, and if we end up with a 1A and 1B at WR I am good with that.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I like about Ruggs is that he is a football player - 1st and superfast second. He has great hands and gets separation on short and long routes. I think he is 3rd to Lamb and Jeudy, but perhaps the best fit for what the Broncos need in this offense.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you want DJ Moore of carolina opposite Sutton?

You could if you draft JJ

pick a JJ

oh and DHB for Ruggs a player who speed never materialized in the NFl and was over drafted due to it

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing the Chiefs didn’t pass on Patrick Mahomes in the draft because there was another time when this one QB with mobility and a good arm flaked out.

Good thing the Falcons didn’t pass on Julio Jones because this one time a WR with his size and potential busted.

Is Henry Ruggs, Tyreek Hill or Mike Wallace? Or is he DHB? I am taking my chances on this one that he is Mike Wallace at worst and a higher ceiling. Who knows but that’s the NFL draft for you! You draft what you see and at the end of the day it is always a risk.

but for every player comparison there are plenty of guys who busted and plenty of guys who turned out.

Until then..
Henry Ruggs is Henry Ruggs!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to mention one more player connection in the draft this year for the Broncos.. Here is the list so far, who am I forgetting?

Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois (Nephew of Steve Atwater)
Nigel Warrior, S, Tennessee (Son of Dale Carter)
Jordan Glasgow, LB, Michigan (Brother of Graham Glasgow)
Luke Juriga, C, Western Michigan (Son of Jim Juriga)
Cole Habib, OT, Northern Arizona (Son of Brian Habib)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing the Chiefs didn’t pass on Patrick Mahomes in the draft because there was another time when this one QB with mobility and a good arm flaked out.

Good thing the Falcons didn’t pass on Julio Jones because this one time a WR with his size and potential busted.

Is Henry Ruggs, Tyreek Hill or Mike Wallace? Or is he DHB? I am taking my chances on this one that he is Mike Wallace at worst and a higher ceiling. Who knows but that’s the NFL draft for you! You draft what you see and at the end of the day it is always a risk.

but for every player comparison there are plenty of guys who busted and plenty of guys who turned out.

Until then..
Henry Ruggs is Henry Ruggs!

Do you know Mike Wallace was selected in the 3rd round of the 2009 draft with the pick Denver traded to draft TE Richard Quinn. If somehow Denver got a hold of the WRs ranking from Pittsburgh I would feel a lot more comfortable with who they select .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I like about Ruggs is that he is a football player - 1st and superfast second. He has great hands and gets separation on short and long routes. I think he is 3rd to Lamb and Jeudy, but perhaps the best fit for what the Broncos need in this offense.

This^^^ I have said this over and over but you put it all in one place. He is just that, all of it!:suds:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know Mike Wallace was selected in the 3rd round of the 2009 draft with the pick Denver traded to draft TE Richard Quinn. If somehow Denver got a hold of the WRs ranking from Pittsburgh I would feel a lot more comfortable with who they select .

Richard Quinn!! GRRRRR!!! I hate that name... But I try and be nice because I hear he was a SUPER OUTSTANDING person and hard worker. But then I wanna say he got in trouble for hitting his GF or something???

I am waiting for James Washington to emerge for Pitt (Player I really liked at Okie State) Dioantae Johnson looks like he could be the next young WR whom was not really high on the draft map until the last month of the draft, that Pittsburgh scooped up and will end up really good.