• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft Chat

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois (Nephew of Steve Atwater)
Nigel Warrior, S, Tennessee (Son of Dale Carter)
Jordan Glasgow, LB, Michigan (Brother of Graham Glasgow)
Luke Juriga, C, Western Michigan (Son of Jim Juriga)
Cole Habib, OT, Northern Arizona (Son of Brian Habib)
Tom Flacco, QB, Towson (Brother of Joe Flacco)
Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU (Son of Jalen Reagor)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montea Reagor is currently an intern coach with the Eagles. Hmmmm, Eagles need for a speed WR!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois (Nephew of Steve Atwater)
Nigel Warrior, S, Tennessee (Son of Dale Carter)
Jordan Glasgow, LB, Michigan (Brother of Graham Glasgow)
Luke Juriga, C, Western Michigan (Son of Jim Juriga)
Cole Habib, OT, Northern Arizona (Son of Brian Habib)
Tom Flacco, QB, Towson (Brother of Joe Flacco)
Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU (Son of Montea Reagor)

Today at 1:42 PM

Fixed- I messed up the last part.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing some GMs prefer Henderson over Okadah.

Lock down the LT or a starting CB at #15 and get the dependent position of WR later. This should be how do we complete with KC for the next 10 years. If Lock is the real deal, a LT or a CB that is a foundation player is more important than a speed WR at #15. Get him in the 2nd or late 1st.

I bet CJ goes early than #15.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remind me again...do the Chiefs have a good Left Tackle? Or heck their backup even played most of the season. How did that work out? I would say you could argue that just like you said WR is a dependent position so is Tackle in many ways. Look at the difference in the game of Bolles with and without Lock behind Center. He went from bottom tier tackle to top tier tackle just by having a mobile QB that could step up and move around the pocket.

Now that doesn't mean I think Bolles is a top tier tackle by any means or that he shouldn't be replaced. I'm just saying just like you are wanting to wait on WR well to me I think we can wait on tackle and still have a highly functioning offense.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some team will trade up for Henderson. A lot of teams picking after 15 need him could see someone moving to 12 or so and jump on him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some team will trade up for Henderson. A lot of teams picking after 15 need him could see someone moving to 12 or so and jump on him.

Part of me really hopes so. Obviously that means a different player gets pushed to the Broncos. I do agree though I think there is a good chance someone trades up for him as there is a huge drop off at the CB position after him.

Daniel Jeremiah I think said it best "Most teams agree on top-4 WR's and top-2 CB's (the names, not the order) but then it gets wild. One team's 5th WR might be another team's 12th WR. One team's 3rd CB is another team's 8th CB. Can't remmber a year like this one. Impossible to predict anything after top-15 to 20 picks."

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are clear tier-1's at those positions. Obvious to see the talent and how they would be used in the NFL. After that it becomes what does your team need and what type of player fits your scheme.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Draft Crazy Any thoughts on Saahdiq Charles and taking him in the middle rounds?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remind me again...do the Chiefs have a good Left Tackle? Or heck their backup even played most of the season. How did that work out? I would say you could argue that just like you said WR is a dependent position so is Tackle in many ways. Look at the difference in the game of Bolles with and without Lock behind Center. He went from bottom tier tackle to top tier tackle just by having a mobile QB that could step up and move around the pocket.

Now that doesn't mean I think Bolles is a top tier tackle by any means or that he shouldn't be replaced. I'm just saying just like you are wanting to wait on WR well to me I think we can wait on tackle and still have a highly functioning offense.

A solid LT spans coaching staffs and QBs.

Not knowing what Lock is just yet I am trying to minimize the risk at #15 that all for 2020. 2021 could be totally different if LT is still a need.

getting the #1 or #2 ranked player at 15
Even Wr is ok with me

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A solid LT spans coaching staffs and QBs.

Not knowing what Lock is just yet I am trying to minimize the risk at #15 that all for 2020. 2021 could be totally different if LT is still a need.

Good point. I would say if you are operating in the NFL to minimize risk though rather than what could most improve the team and give them a chance at the Super Bowl you are going to be left behind.

The Chiefs for example took some major risks to get the roster they did. Taking Mahomes when they already had a pretty good QB. Taking a chance on Tyreek Hill. Heck taking a chance on a lot of guys with some shady background like Frank Clark in a big trade and the Honey Badger who had both off field issues and injury history.

I'm not saying the Broncos should go draft every player that has off the field issues but again you do have to take some risks to get a top tier roster.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. I would say if you are operating in the NFL to minimize risk though rather than what could most improve the team and give them a chance at the Super Bowl you are going to be left behind.

The Chiefs for example took some major risks to get the roster they did. Taking Mahomes when they already had a pretty good QB. Taking a chance on Tyreek Hill. Heck taking a chance on a lot of guys with some shady background like Frank Clark in a big trade and the Honey Badger who had both off field issues and injury history.

I'm not saying the Broncos should go draft every player that has off the field issues but again you do have to take some risks to get a top tier roster.

I'm talking specifically at pick #15. minimize risk by selecting a OT or CB graded just as high as WR. Not 5th round like Hill or 3rd round like Kelce. Heck I want Denver to select a WR and come back and select Lavistka who is boom or bust. Who love that move.

I would also say don't be like Indy and assume your QB doesn't need top end protection.

Also Clark and Honey Badger equate to Elway Talib and Ware. Trying to get over the top.

Just heard teams #14,#15, and #16 want to move up for a T.

Last edited:

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed a huge one... I didn't even realize this until I was randomly bored today researching old Bronco players.

TCU WR Jalen Reagor is the son of former Broncos DL Montea Reagor.
Wow all these years watching Jalen and I had no idea.

He really would work for our team as well. I like him if he makes it to our 2nd pick I doubt it but he really would work well with our team.:thumb:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See the place in this draft to trade up is after 15, but prior to pick 2. You can really fill a need and get a 4 year starter in this draft by doing that for the right guy. Well worth the price.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Draft Crazy Any thoughts on Saahdiq Charles and taking him in the middle rounds?

I like Charles value as a middle round pick. I debated him vs Bartch in our mock. Charles a little more polished but Bartch more upside. I don’t see Charles as a great NFL prospect but I see him having enouhh upside to be a solid starter. I think he has the best value of middle round OT’s. Wouldn’t surprise me either to see him go round3, second tier OT really drys up after him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking specifically at pick #15. minimize risk by selecting a OT or CB graded just as high as WR. Not 5th round like Hill or 3rd round like Kelce. Heck I want Denver to select a WR and come back and select Lavistka who is boom or bust. Who love that move.

I would also say don't be like Indy and assume your QB doesn't need top end protection.

Also Clark and Honey Badger equate to Elway Talib and Ware. Trying to get over the top.

Just heard teams #14,#15, and #16 want to move up for a T.

Who said I don't think he needs protection? I'm talking about making sure we have a competent OL in front of him. And honestly as it stands today before the draft I would say the Broncos have a competent OL even if Morris is the one starting at Center. Will it be the best OL in football...No! IF they stay healthy though it is a top-15 OL in football and that is good enough.

Luck had himself a bottom-5 OL most of his career. That is not even close to what the Broncos have. I would also add that Offensive system played a big part in getting Luck killed. They had an OC early in his career that wanted him doing 7-9 step drop backs on a regular basis and receivers running deep routes on the regular. Not a good idea when you have a terrible OL. Shurmur is not that way. He will call his deep shots but a big portion of his playcalling is the short to intermediate passes and giving a QB some easy reads.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3