• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NBA Offseason

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes a lot of sense for the Suns. They should probably wait a little though because they can load up on free agents first and still ship out Rubio/Oubre for Paul. Makes sense for OKC too because they can start getting out of the money a little sooner

Phoenix has a few options.

Russ and Paul are two of them. Clearing the guys you mentioned to sign vanffleet.

they have a very interesting offseason coming up

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 @CitySushi Here is 3 team deal for ya lol

Cleveland Cavaliers Receive: Andrew Wiggins, Danny Green, Kyle Kuzma, Quinn Cook, JaVale McGee, No. 2 Pick (via GSW), No. 28 pick (via LAL)

Lakers Receive: Kevin Love

Warriors Receive: Andre Drummond, No. 5 pick

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Hawks are emerging as a potential trade destination for Pelicans guard Jrue Holiday, reports Marc Stein of The New York Times (Twitter link). Both Stein and Rick Bonnell of The Charlotte Observer (Twitter link) suggest that a three-team structure is a possibility for a Holiday deal.

According to Stein, the expectation is that the No. 6 pick in next week’s draft would be involved if the Hawks are able to make a move for Holiday. A previous report indicated that New Orleans is among the teams expressing interest in that selection, along with Minnesota and Boston.

The Hawks are an intriguing suitor for an impact player like Holiday, who would be a good fit alongside up-and-coming star Trae Young. Atlanta badly wants to make the postseason in 2021 and is focusing on adding veteran talent rather than another young prospect, making that No. 6 pick expendable.

Additionally, no team projects to have more cap room available this fall, which means the Hawks could theoretically absorb a salary like Holiday’s ($26.2MM) without sending out any money in return. That could be appealing if New Orleans or another potential trade partner wants to cut costs.

While the Hawks are emerging as a viable suitor for Holiday, they’ll face plenty of competition for the veteran guard, who is one of the few big names expected to be available via trade this offseason. A previous report indicated that the Pelicans are “openly discussing” Holiday, while another report said about 10 clubs had already inquired on him. The Nuggets and Nets are considered likely to be among his most aggressive suitors.

Holiday, 30, is coming off a 2019/20 season in which he averaged 19.1 PPG, 6.7 APG, 4.8 RPG, and 1.6 SPG with a shooting line of .455/.353/.709 in 61 games (34.7 MPG) for the Pelicans. Although he didn’t earn a spot on one of this season’s All-Defensive teams, he has done so twice in the past and is widely considered one of the NBA’s best perimeter defenders. He holds a $27.1MM player option for 2021/22, giving him an opportunity to reach free agency next year.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cleveland Cavaliers Receive: Andrew Wiggins, Danny Green, Kyle Kuzma, Quinn Cook, JaVale McGee, No. 2 Pick (via GSW), No. 28 pick (via LAL)

Nah.

Call me a raging homer, but I liked what I saw of Wiggins last year in a Warriors uniform. I was presently surprised at how well he did in the offensive system. He made plays and wasn't a ball stopper even though with the teammates he had around him no one could have blamed him for taking 30 shots a game. He also made a conscious effort to get to the rim and not settle for mid range jumpers. But most of all I was impressed with his defensive ability and effort. That is something that I haven't seen. Could be just a beginner phase for him, but if he can defend like that on a nightly basis that's going to go a long ways to help this team.

I'm probably a bigger fan of Drummond than most around here, but we'd basically be trading one need for another. The Warriors are likely going to revert back to their 2015-2016 mold of game play, but the thing they were missing most back then was a reliable 3rd scorer. Wiggins has no problem getting buckets and has always been a #1 or #2 guy on his team. Now he gets to be the 3rd best offensive player on a team that will help space the floor and allow him to attack the basket and I can see him thriving.

I'd rather take Wiseman with #2 and keep Wiggins.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.

Call me a raging homer, but I liked what I saw of Wiggins last year in a Warriors uniform. I was presently surprised at how well he did in the offensive system. He made plays and wasn't a ball stopper even though with the teammates he had around him no one could have blamed him for taking 30 shots a game. He also made a conscious effort to get to the rim and not settle for mid range jumpers. But most of all I was impressed with his defensive ability and effort. That is something that I haven't seen. Could be just a beginner phase for him, but if he can defend like that on a nightly basis that's going to go a long ways to help this team.

I'm probably a bigger fan of Drummond than most around here, but we'd basically be trading one need for another. The Warriors are likely going to revert back to their 2015-2016 mold of game play, but the thing they were missing most back then was a reliable 3rd scorer. Wiggins has no problem getting buckets and has always been a #1 or #2 guy on his team. Now he gets to be the 3rd best offensive player on a team that will help space the floor and allow him to attack the basket and I can see him thriving.

I don't like this trade for the Cavs as well. I don't think Wiggins is a good fit in CLE. They would just have a clusterfuck of guards and forwards that are splitting time but no true leader or #1. I want to see what Drummond has this year but I would like them to flip him at the deadline if possible. At this point I think Love is here at least another year with the cap staying the same.

The good thing about this trade is they would immediately replace Drummond with Wiseman. Other than that I'm not sure this works for at least the Warriors and Cavs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.

The only thing about Wiggins is in key moments is he going to throw up those contested jumpers instead of making that extra pass or just being a decoy? Is he going to improve on defense? I guess we will see, to an extent I expect him to take the Harrison Barnes role (a better scorer)...if he can do that, they will be just fine.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing about Wiggins is in key moments is he going to throw up those contested jumpers instead of making that extra pass or just being a decoy? Is he going to improve on defense? I guess we will see, to an extent I expect him to take the Harrison Barnes role (a better scorer)...if he can do that, they will be just fine.

Yeah that definitely worries me. There are lots of unknowns. He could regress if he's not getting touches. We've never seen what it'll be like when he may not get as many touches throughout the game. Defensively is where I worry the most about him.

Offensively I think you nailed it with the Harrison Barnes role expectation. A slasher and third scorer with the first unit and possibly even a primary scorer on the second unit. I think this is where he's likely better than Barnes in that aspect. Barnes though was able to competently defend 1-4 for this team though which allowed them to go small. Wiggins doesn't have the strength to match up with 4's.

Lots of unknowns, but at least we've been given some reason for upside potential.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd do this from the Lakers side but there's no way I'm doing this if I'm the Warriors

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that definitely worries me. There are lots of unknowns. He could regress if he's not getting touches. We've never seen what it'll be like when he may not get as many touches throughout the game. Defensively is where I worry the most about him.

Offensively I think you nailed it with the Harrison Barnes role expectation. A slasher and third scorer with the first unit and possibly even a primary scorer on the second unit. I think this is where he's likely better than Barnes in that aspect. Barnes though was able to competently defend 1-4 for this team though which allowed them to go small. Wiggins doesn't have the strength to match up with 4's.

Lots of unknowns, but at least we've been given some reason for upside potential.

Wiggins has the talent and athletic ability to defend but it's just if he wants to put in the work to focus less on offense and more on defense. This is the perfect opportunity for him to take that role when you have Steph and Klay who can carry the W's almost every night offensively. Even if the effort is there and he is still average, that's what they need.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd do this from the Lakers side but there's no way I'm doing this if I'm the Warriors

Yeah I think this trade is only good for the Lakers.

From the Cavs side there are positive and negatives but I still vote, no. Wiggins and Kuzma would probably stunt the younger guys' growth, he doesn't fit the offense and no clear leader. Replace Drummond with Wiseman, I'll take that in a heartbeat. Their depth gets better but no clear identity for this team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, the Lakers are rumored to be interested in Tristan Thompson and Serge Ibaka. I also heard that they may kick the tires on Darren Collison again.

Thompson would be a good pickup, imo. He brings elite level defense and rebounding, knows how to play alongside Lebron and will still get about 10-14 ppg without having any plays run for him. He's also only 29. He can keep AD from having to play the 5 as well.

Ibaka would be good as well. He's not old (31) but older than TT. He does bring 36% shooting from 3 (38% last year) that TT doesn't.

Collison is 33, but hasn't played in a couple of years, saving some wear and tear. He'd be good if Rondo doesn't re-sign. Especially since he's a career 40% from 3.
would probably expect more like 8-11 from TT if matched with Lebron again....don't mean that in a bad way. wont need him to score.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Stephen A., CP3 doesn't want to go to the Lakers. There was a slim possibility they could have traded for him regardless but hearing this it really doesn't make sense now.