• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NBA Offseason

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They all got in a room and said "Look, Lebron. You can play Christmas Day and then not show up until January if you want". Then he gave his blessing and the voting passed

Plus, they probably pointed out how cool it would be to have the ring ceremony on Christmas Day.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has this been mentioned yet? Nice story. Mark Cuban is paying all the bills for Deltone West to get his life back on track.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"We're trying to build a team that can be highly competitive today and build towards a sustainable future," Griffin explained. "And if that means Jrue is a part of that, that's special for us because he loves being with us and we love the way he plays. If the best way to build towards that future and the best way to put him in the best position to succeed is for him to be traded, then that's what ends up happening."

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't believe this. I think Herro could be special, no way they give him up for Holiday

Holy shit really? Riley's a smart guy. Well except him saying the Lakers title has an asterisk next to it. Herro has a very bright future. Seems like a mistake to trade the kid for 30 year old PG.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13

Dammit back to back Buckeye late games. I like the 11 a.m. starts better.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't believe this. I think Herro could be special, no way they give him up for Holiday

Seems weird that they would want to give up Herro. Other than better defense, I'm not sure what this would do to help Miami. It's also not like he shrank or didn't show up in the bubble.

Also, a lot of what Miami has accomplished is due to the culture they have built. I'm not saying Holliday wouldn't fit in...but they already know that Herro does. Why mess with that?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13

Dammit back to back Buckeye late games. I like the 11 a.m. starts better.

Damn I thought it was at 11 am lol. No clue it was at 6:30. Yeah I don't mind the night games on big games it just sucks waiting on them all day. Same time as ND-Clemson too

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I thought it was at 11 am lol. No clue it was at 6:30. Yeah I don't mind the night games on big games it just sucks waiting on them all day. Same time as ND-Clemson too

N.D./Clemson at the same time? Shit. I don't think Ohio State will have any problems with Rutgers. Game could be over at halftime. Really wanna see some of that N.D./Clemson game though.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be pretty pissed. Only way I give up on Herro is if he's part of a package deal to bring a legit superstar/allstar to Miami. Jrue isn't it. He's a minor upgrade from Herro, and I like the latter's ceiling more long term.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pelicans are open to trading Holiday.....

Rob Pelinka....call them up!!!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers have nothing to offer
Which is why they should go get Paul. Their “depth” was overrated anyway. Get 3 super efficient stars and a bunch of vets and ring chasers

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why they should go get Paul. Their “depth” was overrated anyway. Get 3 super efficient stars and a bunch of vets and ring chasers

The Lakers depth?

Based on their overall performance, if anything, they were underrated. Their "lack of depth" was supposed to be their undoing.

It wasn't. Not even close.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers have nothing to offer

Not necessarily true. They can put together a solid package for him, but there are several teams that could beat any offer they put together.

Apparently, Jrue and AD are close friends. So there's a solid chance that Jrue would want to be in LA.

Obviously, he couldn't simply choose to go to the Lakers like he could as an FA, but he could "influence" where he ends up. The question is whether or not he would be willing to do that and whether the Lakers and Pelicans want to get into another AD type fiasco. There were several teams that could have beaten the Lakers offer, but none of them did.

I don't think it will happen, but if Jrue lets it be known that he won't re-sign with anyone else, that could dampen some of the offers that the Pels get for him.

Considering that they obviously want to keep AD, I'm sure they'll do whatever they can to try to get him....but I don't think they'll be successful.

Heck, if nothing else, if he wants to be in LA, the Clippers could beat anything the Lakers offered.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You thought I was being serious?

I think the Lakers will definitely try to get him and as I said above, they can out together a decent package. They just can't put one together that another team can't beat.

Example: Danny Green, Kuz and The Bald Mamba, plus this years #1 pick. Green is a $15million expiring contract that could be used for cap relief and Kuz and Caruso are good young players to add to their young core or be used in a trade later on.

That would be a solid offer, but not one that another team couldn't beat.

Reactions: DJ

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily true. They can put together a solid package for him, but there are several teams that could beat any offer they put together.

Apparently, Jrue and AD are close friends. So there's a solid chance that Jrue would want to be in LA.

Obviously, he couldn't simply choose to go to the Lakers like he could as an FA, but he could "influence" where he ends up. The question is whether or not he would be willing to do that and whether the Lakers and Pelicans want to get into another AD type fiasco. There were several teams that could have beaten the Lakers offer, but none of them did.

I don't think it will happen, but if Jrue lets it be known that he won't re-sign with anyone else, that could dampen some of the offers that the Pels get for him.

Considering that they obviously want to keep AD, I'm sure they'll do whatever they can to try to get him....but I don't think they'll be successful.

Heck, if nothing else, if he wants to be in LA, the Clippers could beat anything the Lakers offered.

Taking Lebron and AD out of the equation, I'm just not seeing anything outside of draft capital. Maybe Avery Bradley, Caruso, and/or Kuzma. But what else do you have out of those 3?