• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NBA Offseason

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the vice city jerseys may be here to stay @wildturkey

The next step is figuring out a way to make the "Vice" look part of Miami's permanent rotation. (Lots of fans have suggested the "Vice" jerseys replace Miami's traditional look -- which has undergone very little change in the franchise's history -- as the team's standard uniforms, but that isn't going to happen.) Technically, city edition jerseys are supposed to be temporary -- to vanish after a single season. The Heat extended the life of "Vice" by changing the base color three times. Now they are one of several teams arguing for the NBA to loosen the rules on jersey use, and they are confident their coalition will win.

"We have been lobbying the NBA to continue to have these jerseys be part of our ecosystem," McCullough said. "Without giving too much away, I think you'll see that kind of opportunity leaguewide."

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the vice city jerseys may be here to stay @wildturkey

The next step is figuring out a way to make the "Vice" look part of Miami's permanent rotation. (Lots of fans have suggested the "Vice" jerseys replace Miami's traditional look -- which has undergone very little change in the franchise's history -- as the team's standard uniforms, but that isn't going to happen.) Technically, city edition jerseys are supposed to be temporary -- to vanish after a single season. The Heat extended the life of "Vice" by changing the base color three times. Now they are one of several teams arguing for the NBA to loosen the rules on jersey use, and they are confident their coalition will win.

"We have been lobbying the NBA to continue to have these jerseys be part of our ecosystem," McCullough said. "Without giving too much away, I think you'll see that kind of opportunity leaguewide."

Totally fine with that. Just don't use the new ones. The black with the blue lettering and pink trim are the best ones though the white with pink lettering/blue trim are a very close second. Hell, I'd just make those the standard jerseys and abandon the red/black theme all together. I like that theme that much. It just oozes Miami and feels right (even if the logo doesn't really fit with it)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf? someone said that nascar drivers are athletes?

does that make me an athlete when i play beer pong?

Not directly. But still.

People have a warped definition of athlete today.

There are a lot of games that require a lot of skill to play, like beer pong, cornhole, etc. but those games require very little athletic ability. NASCAR is more like that.

I used to put sports like golf in that category, but I don’t anymore. You don’t necessarily need to be super fit to play golf at a high level but you do need some athleticism to do it well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the offensive end I guess, but Jackson comes with a lot of baggage, just not a guy that can be counted on for much. You know with Beverly you will always get effort.

Yeah, I would take Beverly on my team over Jackson all day long.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not directly. But still.

People have a warped definition of athlete today.

There are a lot of games that require a lot of skill to play, like beer pong, cornhole, etc. but those games require very little athletic ability. NASCAR is more like that.

I used to put sports like golf in that category, but I don’t anymore. You don’t necessarily need to be super fit to play golf at a high level but you do need some athleticism to do it well.
As to whether it's a sport, I kind of put golf in separate category from baseball, football, soccer, bball, etc. Maybe call it a "leisure sport" with bowling and others.

are golfers athletes? I'd also say no. One determining factor for me is when a 50-60 year old could beat a guy in his 20s. Cannot say I follow closely, but seems like this happens on a regular basis in tour events.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89

Warriors at Brooklyn opening night!

Can't wait to see both Curry and KD back on the court. Should hopefully be a good one. I'd probably take Brooklyn by 4.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying Jackson is better than Beverly just ignores what Bev provides......defense and grit. Plus, he can shoot. Sure, Jackson is a better offensive player but Bev is a tough player. Jackson, not so much. As a platoon, they are a good 1-2 punch. But, I'd start Bev and bring Jackson off the bench....

BrownEyedGirl

Let's Go Islanders!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time getting excited for the NBA but at least it's live sports. I'll be curious if James Harden truly ends up in Brooklyn or not though.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LEBRON FUCKING JAMES AGREES TO A 2 YEAR EXTENSION WORTH 85 MILLION!!!!!

BrownEyedGirl

Let's Go Islanders!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know you're a Lakers fan and i'm sure you are excited about this but I just don't like Lebron James. He and few other players currently in the NBA are more of a turn off for me than something that gets me pumped up for the season. Good for the Lakers though.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the offensive end I guess, but Jackson comes with a lot of baggage, just not a guy that can be counted on for much. You know with Beverly you will always get effort.

I think its telling that Jackson's market value was basically a 1 year deal to go back to the team he was with about a week after free agency was over

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying Jackson is better than Beverly just ignores what Bev provides......defense and grit. Plus, he can shoot. Sure, Jackson is a better offensive player but Bev is a tough player. Jackson, not so much. As a platoon, they are a good 1-2 punch. But, I'd start Bev and bring Jackson off the bench....

Beverly defense is the most overrated thing in the nba. He is a bench player. No way should he be the starting pg on a team trying to win a title

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're a Lakers fan and i'm sure you are excited about this but I just don't like Lebron James. He and few other players currently in the NBA are more of a turn off for me than something that gets me pumped up for the season. Good for the Lakers though.

Not a Lebron fan, but he's a Laker and was a huge factor in the recent title...so he gets tolerated.

Plus, I'd rather the Lakers have to play with him than against him. lol

BrownEyedGirl

Let's Go Islanders!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Lebron fan, but he's a Laker and was a huge factor in the recent title...so he gets tolerated.

Plus, I'd rather the Lakers have to play with him than against him. lol
Fair enough. It's better to have the best player than to have to go up against him, I get it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Staying with the team until Bronny is eligible to be drafted