• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NBA Offseason

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to whether it's a sport, I kind of put golf in separate category from baseball, football, soccer, bball, etc. Maybe call it a "leisure sport" with bowling and others.

are golfers athletes? I'd also say no. One determining factor for me is when a 50-60 year old could beat a guy in his 20s. Cannot say I follow closely, but seems like this happens on a regular basis in tour events.

I would have agreed with this a few years ago, but I would say not the case today.

At the highest level, those guys absolutely mash ball. You need to create a ton of torque to hit the ball 330 yards, and that does require more than just skill.

Different sport, but same idea. I mentioned I recently took up disc golf. I play with various members of a core group of about 7-8 guys.

I am middle of the pack in our group, but can’t compete with the top 2 because they can throw the disc about 80-100 feet further than me. There is a 3rd guy who can also bomb it, but has less short game ability so I can beat him.

What do the 3 bombers all have in common? They are former college athletes. The rest of us aren’t.

I don’t think it is a coincidence that the 3 collegiate athletes can all throw a lot further than the rest of us. I have similar technique and skill, but they are superior athletes and have more power than I do.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have agreed with this a few years ago, but I would say not the case today.

At the highest level, those guys absolutely mash ball. You need to create a ton of torque to hit the ball 330 yards, and that does require more than just skill.

Different sport, but same idea. I mentioned I recently took up disc golf. I play with various members of a core group of about 7-8 guys.

I am middle of the pack in our group, but can’t compete with the top 2 because they can throw the disc about 80-100 feet further than me. There is a 3rd guy who can also bomb it, but has less short game ability so I can beat him.

What do the 3 bombers all have in common? They are former college athletes. The rest of us aren’t.

I don’t think it is a coincidence that the 3 collegiate athletes can all throw a lot further than the rest of us. I have similar technique and skill, but they are superior athletes and have more power than I do.

It definitely takes a certain amount of athletic ability to play the game of golf. It might take as much discipline as any sport as well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess golf could be considered "athletic", but in a way that is so different that it seems unathletic. I have played several different sports over the years and golf went against every "athletic instinct" or technique I've learned. Every other sport I've played, there was at least one or 2 things that translate...not with golf. Even the way your supposed to grip the golf club is "wrong".

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess golf could be considered "athletic", but in a way that is so different that it seems unathletic. I have played several different sports over the years and golf went against every "athletic instinct" or technique I've learned. Every other sport I've played, there was at least one or 2 things that translate...not with golf. Even the way your supposed to grip the golf club is "wrong".

Only at the top levels.

You can certainly play it and not be very athletic at all.

I think the biggest thing you are talking about with golf is that the swing mechanics are just different enough from a good baseball swing to make it really difficult for a beginner to transition from 1 sport to the other.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,457.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me generating the kind of club head speed those guys do is very much an athletic move

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are nba players/athletes considered essential workers? Just curious to know when they'll be able to start getting the vaccine

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow that’s a big number
I'm a teacher.

We've been in school since early August. At my school, our highest number of positive cases of CV19 to this point in the year was the 1st week of classes.

It's because everyone was doing their own thing before we all got back, like @bksballer89 said.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There can be many different definitions of athletic imo. Swing a golf club 120mph+ for 4 hours straight can be absolutely exhausting. Of course most think of golf as just being precise, being very disciplined, attention to detail, etc. but I’ve been playing for close to 20+ years off and on, not very dedicated....it definitely involves athleticism but not to the point or the major sports. I mean guys that do triathlons are extremely athletic just in a different way, that’s why I feel there are different athletic definitions. Lots of top tier golfers are superstitious and perfectionist but that seems to be most top tier athletes that are great at their craft.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wizards become a bit more interesting.

It makes them a playoff team for sure....

I am not sure what the long term plan is for the them.

They seemed desperate to get rid of Wall.....even enough to take the bad Westbrook deal in return.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ just got traded to the Wizards for John Wall

I am pumped!

Not because the Wizards landed Westbrook, but because they are rid of Wall.

The Westbrook/Brooks reunion makes me sick to my stomach a bit.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better fit alongside Beal without a doubt...Houston, looks like they downgraded again possibly BUT which Wall are we getting? RW was just not going to work more than what we saw with Harden