• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Hawks Offseason Thread:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want him either, just sharing the news.....

I figured that... I don't know why the Hawks would even be talking to him... If we're in need of a veteran RB, I'd rather have a Carlos Hyde or D.Freeman

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured that... I don't know why the Hawks would even be talking to him... If we're in need of a veteran RB, I'd rather have a Carlos Hyde or D.Freeman

Possibly as a short yardage back. Despite everything else, it was one of the things he did show he could do last year - get a short gain in hard yardage situations. Maybe even saves Carson some wear and tear if he's taking the 3&1 or goal line carries. He'd most likely be a lot cheaper than the other two options listed as well.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely cost much more. I like the idea of trading for Royce Freeman. Broncos don't appear to want him and I would think Seahawks could get him for very little and he makes peanuts.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely cost much more. I like the idea of trading for Royce Freeman. Broncos don't appear to want him and I would think Seahawks could get him for very little and he makes peanuts.

Royce Freeman was a name I had hoped we pursued prior to the draft... He would be a great fit here and quite possibly could become a #1 on our team w/ the way we'd use him... He's underutilized in Denver...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently we cut Naz Jones. That was unexpected this early. Maybe his injuries are still a problem?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royce Freeman was a name I had hoped we pursued prior to the draft... He would be a great fit here and quite possibly could become a #1 on our team w/ the way we'd use him... He's underutilized in Denver...

I will never understand the Broncos. They have two good runningbacks in Royce Freeman and Lindsay yet they go out and sign Melvin Gordon.

I'm with you on Royce Freeman. He was always a guy I liked as an NFL prospect. Unfortunately my appreciation of him came from watching him run all over my Huskies.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be a decent addition for some team.

upload_2020-5-9_11-51-24.png

Warford, who turns 29 next month, was selected to the Pro Bowl the last three seasons, all with the Saints, after spending the first four years of his career with the Lions.

Warford has been a model of durability throughout his career, starting 101 regular-season games in seven seasons.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be a decent addition for some team.

View attachment 241419

Warford, who turns 29 next month, was selected to the Pro Bowl the last three seasons, all with the Saints, after spending the first four years of his career with the Lions.

Warford has been a model of durability throughout his career, starting 101 regular-season games in seven seasons.

Don't forget though that his play decline was so noticeable they ( Saints ) wanted to replace him.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Bruce Irvin contract is a $5.9 million cap hit. Which basically means that Clowney isn't coming back barring something really unusual from happening.

I find this deeply troubling and I'm really concerned that the Seahawks plan to go into next season with the existing defensive line which is frigging depressing.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Bruce Irvin contract is a $5.9 million cap hit. Which basically means that Clowney isn't coming back barring something really unusual from happening.

I find this deeply troubling and I'm really concerned that the Seahawks plan to go into next season with the existing defensive line which is frigging depressing.

Well seems like Clowney is in no hurry to get realistic about his market value or someone would of signed him by now. You feel the Seahawks should of just caved in and payed him whatever he demands?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well seems like Clowney is in no hurry to get realistic about his market value or someone would of signed him by now. You feel the Seahawks should of just caved in and payed him whatever he demands?

Honestly I don't know what the right choice was.

Here is what I do know. We aren't winning a Super Bowl with this defensive line. It was one of the worst lines in football lost year and we apparently lost Clowney, Woods and Jefferson and replaced them with Mayowa and Irvin.

So realistically we are more likely to be worse next year than significantly better. Maybe Green and Collier really step up. And I guess Irvin/Mayowa will give us more than the zero we got from Ansah last year. But it seems to me that our defense is going to be pretty much the same as it was last year. Honestly, I would be surprised if our run defense doesn't actually decline.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I do know. We aren't winning a Super Bowl with this defensive line.

Ok but doubt the Seahawks win a SB with this line plus Clowney either. Really would not be wise to empty the vault for Clowney.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok but doubt the Seahawks win a SB with this line plus Clowney either. Really would not be wise to empty the vault for Clowney.

I guess. I feel like are going to be the Saints of the last 10 years for the next 10 years.