• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That NAK-Giroux-Lindblom line was shockingly fantastic. Absolute terror on the forecheck. Loved to see it.

Patrick was also extremely physical last night. He's not scoring, but he's been more physical the past 4-5 games than I've ever seen him be.
Patrick needs to start scoring to go with his physicality. I find it so crazy how he was the most sought after player in the world before Hirshier came along when he doesnt do antyhing really well. I especially thought he would be a better skater. We need him to go up a couple of levels in the coming years.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 6'2" 200lbs. He needs to start playing like it. I like his new found physical presence, hope it continues.

I agree. He looks much better at wing, using his body, than he has at C this year. I think AV sees that considering he moved G back to C before Patrick. I think the offense will come, he's very engaged right now and his lines are getting scoring chances.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick needs to start scoring to go with his physicality. I find it so crazy how he was the most sought after player in the world before Hirshier came along when he doesnt do antyhing really well. I especially thought he would be a better skater. We need him to go up a couple of levels in the coming years.

I agree with that. The flip side is he doesn't do anything poorly either. He's normally pretty reliably in the right place. He can play physical. His skating is at least medicore. He has good (but not great) puck skills.

But he needs to pick it up and contribute more offensively. He's better than his results so far this year.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I can admit it. I was PISSED. Thought to myself, "this is the kind of game it's OK to get pissed about. This is straight garbage". You should never be down 3-0, 4 minutes into a game against a rival who beat you 2 nights earlier. Especially with all that hangs in the balance with the top 5 in the east this year.

But for the final 55 minutes, they thoroughly dominated play. Still had a few breakdowns defensively, including Hagg roaming in to the corner with 3 other Flyers to gently push a guy, leaving Malkin WIDE open in the slot. But Elliot was there to erase them.
But did you throw a beer bottle or milk carton at the TV....that's the question inquiring minds want to know. :scratch::suds:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that. The flip side is he doesn't do anything poorly either. He's normally pretty reliably in the right place. He can play physical. His skating is at least medicore. He has good (but not great) puck skills.

But he needs to pick it up and contribute more offensively. He's better than his results so far this year.
Going to wing will help simplify and take the pressure off but at least he's still playing and contributing in the NHL. Its not like we haven't seen first round busts before. Pulljujarvi is finally playing in Edm after years of zip.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dude is one of the biggest POS in the league. He better face some time off for this shit.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning boys! It's game day and let's hope we win the rubber match. I'll take Hayes to get us started. Let's start a winning streak heading to Washington. Btw, is there any bigger POS than Tom Wilson? How does this guy even have a job in this league? I thought the league tried to.clean out these trashy players. I hope he's suspended by the time we play them. He's dirty and the league needs to step up.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning boys! It's game day and let's hope we win the rubber match. I'll take Hayes to get us started. Let's start a winning streak heading to Washington. Btw, is there any bigger POS than Tom Wilson? How does this guy even have a job in this league? I thought the league tried to.clean out these trashy players. I hope he's suspended by the time we play them. He's dirty and the league needs to step up.
Ill take TK today! Lets goooo!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to wing will help simplify and take the pressure off but at least he's still playing and contributing in the NHL. Its not like we haven't seen first round busts before. Pulljujarvi is finally playing in Edm after years of zip.
He skating ability is much better suited for wing. I hope he flourishes there as Gee and Jake will be gone soon and we will need him to fill up that stat sheet in place of Jake,

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My TV was not harmed in the viewing of that roller coaster. Beer was consumed though.
Hey nothing wrong with milk on a school night but beer always tastes better with hockey and of course a bottle of rum never hurts either!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He skating ability is much better suited for wing. I hope he flourishes there as Gee and Jake will be gone soon and we will need him to fill up that stat sheet in place of Jake,
Ya we have to hope he can continue to improve and if at wing that's ok as they'll need him there too. I think the migraines held him back a bit but if he's actually better now he'll get his game back eventually. Hopefully by playoffs as they'll need everyone including Lindblom. He's starting to come around as well which is nice to see.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya we have to hope he can continue to improve and if at wing that's ok as they'll need him there too. I think the migraines held him back a bit but if he's actually better now he'll get his game back eventually. Hopefully by playoffs as they'll need everyone including Lindblom. He's starting to come around as well which is nice to see.
I think Friedman can attest that Patrick is over his migraines. :pound:

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Here we thought we could get 6 points in this 3 game series. We are very fortunate to even get 2. No excuses. No moral victories. If we were the better team, it would show in the standings and scoreboard. Time to move onto the Caps.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many passengers this afternoon. Braun why would you cover the man on the boards when you have an open man beside the net. That's part of the PK issues the dmen are oblivious to what they are doing. Elliott with a Leighton effort on one goal cost them as well.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Here we thought we could get 6 points in this 3 game series. We are very fortunate to even get 2. No excuses. No moral victories. If we were the better team, it would show in the standings and scoreboard. Time to move onto the Caps.
Agreed Pitt is garbage and the Flyers only put in a half ass effort. Pisses me off when they have easy passes but will chose to force it through multiple opposing players.most of the turnovers come from this. Will be testing the rum later that's for sure.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are the better team and it does show in the standings. We have two games in hand and a 12-10 edge in the row tiebreaker. We're ahead of them 3 to 2 in the season series with two of the final three games in Philly.

Should've won this game today as well, but our special teams aren't good enough and Elliott let in a very soft goal at a very bad time. I don't blame him for the loss, but that particular goal was very deflating after having dominated the 2nd period, and then we clearly just ran out of gas in the 3rd.

All things considered, I think they were fortunate to beat us today and I'm confident we'll have our revenge.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are the better team and it does show in the standings. We have two games in hand and a 12-10 edge in the row tiebreaker. We're ahead of them 3 to 2 in the season series with two of the final three games in Philly.

Should've won this game today as well, but our special teams aren't good enough and Elliott let in a very soft goal at a very bad time. I don't blame him for the loss, but that particular goal was very deflating after having dominated the 2nd period, and then we clearly just ran out of gas in the 3rd.

All things considered, I think they were fortunate to beat us today and I'm confident we'll have our revenge.
why didn't Hart get the start tofay? I was surprised Elliott got the start to be honest.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why didn't Hart get the start tofay? I was surprised Elliott got the start to be honest.
Elliotts actually been pretty good of late but I thought the same thing maybe Hart wins that game. Not entirely Elliotts fault but the Leighton goal was brutal.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take this rumor with a grain of salt. According to Ek, the Flyers and Preds are discussing a deal that would involve our 1st round pick and Patrick for Ekholm. Do you make this deal?