• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to throw out a just for fun trade, but one that makes some sense to me based on some unsubstantiated rumors. Most on the board will love it:

To Florida: JVR, Ghost

To Flyers: Ekblad, Connolly

Financially, it's $500k less cap hit for the Flyers in the next 3 years but more long-term dollars as Ekblad's contract is 5 more years at $7.5 mil and Connolly $3.5 mil for 3 years, while Ghost and JVR are both 3 more years at $4.5 mil and $7.0 mil respectively.

For the Flyers, obviously Ekblad fills a major hole on D, but is a tad overpaid. He's very good but not elite. Connolly plays the right side where the Flyers have a hole at 3rd line RW but a logjam at LW. Creates an expansion draft issue, but quite frankly if they expose Ekblad and he gets taken they were still able to dump the JVR and Ghost contracts. Still a win.

Florida saves long term $$$, is crowded at RD but weak on LD, and JVR is an offensive upgrade over Connolly and can help offset the loss of both Dadonov and likely Hoffman from a scoring perspective.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to throw out a just for fun trade, but one that makes some sense to me based on some unsubstantiated rumors. Most on the board will love it:

Financially, it's $500k less cap hit for the Flyers in the next 3 years but more long-term dollars as Ekblad's contract is 5 more years at $7.5 mil and Connolly $3.5 mil for 3 years, while Ghost and JVR are both 3 more years at $4.5 mil and $7.0 mil respectively.

For the Flyers, obviously Ekblad fills a major hole on D, but is a tad overpaid. He's very good but not elite. Connolly plays the right side where the Flyers have a hole at 3rd line RW but a logjam at LW. Creates an expansion draft issue, but quite frankly if they expose Ekblad and he gets taken they were still able to dump the JVR and Ghost contracts. Still a win.

Florida saves long term $$$, is crowded at RD but weak on LD, and JVR is an offensive upgrade over Connolly and can help offset the loss of both Dadonov and likely Hoffman from a scoring perspective.
Please god let this happen immediately!!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I expect to be sad when it happens too, because I don't think the return is going to be anything special.

With the cap situation of most teams, 4.5M is too big of a hit to take a flier on a guy rediscovering his game.
Ghost value is at its lowest it can be right now. I think we may go into the season with him so he can build some value back and then trade him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd definitely do that from the Flyers perspective. It throws the expansion draft into a little bit of chaos, but Ekblad is a set it and forget it top 4, probably top pair dman. Even if it costs Sanheim/Myers (likely Sanheim due to LH) in the expansion draft, I think I'm still good with it.

I think Florida needs more to do that deal, top prospect or top pick. Just my opinion though. They could be pretty desperate for goals.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd definitely do that from the Flyers perspective. It throws the expansion draft into a little bit of chaos, but Ekblad is a set it and forget it top 4, probably top pair dman. Even if it costs Sanheim/Myers (likely Sanheim due to LH) in the expansion draft, I think I'm still good with it.

I think Florida needs more to do that deal, top prospect or top pick. Just my opinion though. They could be pretty desperate for goals.

I was coming at it from the perspective of persistent rumors that Florida still needs to move out more long-term salary like they did with Matheson as well as Ekblad's concussion history, along with their rumored interest in Ghost. But yes, I agree the Flyers would likely need to add a high pick or prospect. Although, with some of the crazy low returns we've seen who knows?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was coming at it from the perspective of persistent rumors that Florida still needs to move out more long-term salary like they did with Matheson as well as Ekblad's concussion history, along with their rumored interest in Ghost. But yes, I agree the Flyers would likely need to add a high pick or prospect. Although, with some of the crazy low returns we've seen who knows?
If i were Florida i would not do this deal.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers third jersey leaked. Not a big fan.

Cant put the article on here if someone else can post it.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers third jersey leaked. Not a big fan.

Cant put the article on here if someone else can post it.
I saw it. It's not bad imo. I have 3 different Flyers jerseys so I'm good to go for now.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2