• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the posts apparently he doesnt

I have. It was a pretty good debate but somewhere you started to lose confidence in your position and that’s why you lashed out like that. We all do it. No big deal. But dude absolutely knows his hockey.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't even admit that. All I will admit is that Laughton does everything other than goal scoring, better than JvR. If your team needs a goal scorer though, you have to consider taking JvR over Laughton. I bet 75% of teams will expose an energy guy that PKs, plays wing or C, and can score 13-18 goals. I bet less than 10% will expose a guy that averages 27 goals/82 games for his career.
Um JVR has averaged 21.6 goals the last 5 years. 28 goals/82 are waaaaaay in the past so all those other teams are aware of that.

Just sayin

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have. It was a pretty good debate but somewhere you started to lose confidence in your position and that’s why you lashed out like that. We all do it. No big deal. But dude absolutely knows his hockey.
First off if you read the posts like you said you would see AWAZ lashed out first by putting in that i can STFU before i said anything derogative. So when you say you read all the posts did you just read some and form an opinion? Sounds about right.

So in your opinion who is the better player Laughton or JVR? If you were an expansion team who would you select in two years? Laughton or JVR?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off if you read the posts like you said you would see AWAZ lashed out first by putting in that i can STFU before i said anything derogative. So when you say you read all the posts did you just read some and form an opinion? Sounds about right.

So in your opinion who is the better player Laughton or JVR? If you were an expansion team who would you select in two years? Laughton or JVR?

I’d likely take Laughton if the decision is made in a vacuum. But it’s not. There are a million balls in the air. What does the list look like of unprotected players around the league, who is available in FA, where do I draft, what on ice style will my organization employ, etc... there are multiple scenarios where JVR could be held in higher esteem than Laughton. His point about goals is a strong one. When you can find a guy who regularly puts the puck in the net, that guy garners a long look.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d likely take Laughton if the decision is made in a vacuum. But it’s not. There are a million balls in the air. What does the list look like of unprotected players around the league, who is available in FA, where do I draft, what on ice style will my organization employ, etc... there are multiple scenarios where JVR could be held in higher esteem than Laughton. His point about goals is a strong one. When you can find a guy who regularly puts the puck in the net, that guy garners a long look.
JVR has averaged 21.6 goals per season the last 5 years and will be 33 in two years and isnt getting any faster or better.

Oh stop with the million balls stuff. If you are starting a team in two years who do you select.

Laughton or JVR?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JVR has averaged 21.6 goals per season the last 5 years and will be 33 in two years and isnt getting any faster or better.

Oh stop with the million balls stuff. If you are starting a team in two years who do you select.

Laughton or JVR?

turd sandwich.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Laughton or JVR?

I already answered that

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Carter 382 goals 350 assts 732 points + 37
39 playoff goals 35 playoff assists 74 playoff points
Two Stanley cups Two all star appearances Calder cup winner

JVR 247 goals 234 assists 481 points -39
20 playoff goals 11 playoff assists 31 playoff points
Zero Stanley cups ZERO ALL STAR GAMES

For you to even mention JVR in the same breath as Jeff Carter is EMBARRASSING.

AGAIN There is more parts of a hockey game than scoring goals!!!!

Here we go with reading comprehension again. Where did I say JvR is as good or better than Carter?

1. Carter is primarily a goal scorer, and gets paid to be one. Teams wanted his services.
2. JvR is primarily a goal scorer, and gets paid to be one. Teams wanted his services.
3. Jeff Carter will not make the HHOF.

Those were my thoughts and statements as it pertains to JvR and Carter.

And where have I said there isn't anything other than scoring goals? I said scoring goals is the most valuable skill a player can have. That's all. If you don't agree with that, I encourage you to look up the career earnings of do-it-all Scott Laughton-types and compare them with other 1 dimensional goal scorers and let me know your findings.

NHL organizations value goal scoring. As a result, Seattle will consider JvR. Whether they choose him or not, we'll have to wait and see. (Or we won't because maybe JvR won't be a Flyer by the time the draft rolls around)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um JVR has averaged 21.6 goals the last 5 years. 28 goals/82 are waaaaaay in the past so all those other teams are aware of that.

Just sayin

And that's why I said next season will matter. If JvR scores 13 goals next year, teams aren't going to touch him with a 15 foot pole. But if he comes out and scores 25-30, Seattle will consider him. I think the latter is maybe a stretch, particularly if he and AV don't get on the same page, but I don't think it's completely out of the realm of possibility. He was on a 23.4 goal pace for an 82 game season this year.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Laughton or JVR?

This is exactly our difference. The million balls thing HAS to be considered. What if JvR scores 23 goals next year (same pace as this year) and he has the highest goal output of any unprotected player? And every team exposes a Laughton-type player (which I think is likely considering the Flyers will probably expose 3 of them on their own). You have to consider a JvR-type player to increase your production. Not to would be foolish. You don't build a team by taking the guy you like the most from every team. You fill the roles you need to fill. One of those roles is goal scoring. It's not the only thing in hockey, but your team is going to suck if they can't score goals.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lastly, just to give you some satisfaction and provide an example of why the ‘million balls’ matter. As the Flyers are currently constructed, I’d take Laughton, his skill set, and contract, over JvR and his skill set / contract. I think the Flyers have enough goals in the lineup with Giroux, Jake, Coots, TK, Hayes, and Lindblom, plus the dmen and hopefully Patrick/Frost; that the cap space is more valuable to the Flyers spent in other areas.

I don’t see Seattle being in that same boat though. They’ll be lucky to have half the firepower the Flyers have up front available to them. In most cases, they’ll be picking from teams’ 8th most valued forward. Equally as important, they’ll have significantly more cap space to play with. That’s why it’s realistic to think Seattle may consider JvR.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lastly, just to give you some satisfaction and provide an example of why the ‘million balls’ matter. As the Flyers are currently constructed, I’d take Laughton, his skill set, and contract, over JvR and his skill set / contract. I think the Flyers have enough goals in the lineup with Giroux, Jake, Coots, TK, Hayes, and Lindblom, plus the dmen and hopefully Patrick/Frost; that the cap space is more valuable to the Flyers spent in other areas.

I don’t see Seattle being in that same boat though. They’ll be lucky to have half the firepower the Flyers have up front available to them. In most cases, they’ll be picking from teams’ 8th most valued forward. Equally as important, they’ll have significantly more cap space to play with. That’s why it’s realistic to think Seattle may consider JvR.
I stopped reading when you said "Id take Laughton ,his skill set and contract, over JVR and his skill set/contract.

Im done with this topic. :D

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next topic:

Why was Gee not at the press table after a game 7 loss?