• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very entertaining banter boys :-)

JvR and sadly Ghost are misfits with AV system, and will be tricky to dump. Already went through the UFA’s that we will not sign.

do agree a big banging D body is needed to backstop our skinny guys until they bulk up.

other than that, I think the roster is good. Hopefully Patrick shakes his headaches, and Lindblom reaches full capacity. Bring up more youngsters and let’s get skating.
We need them to bulk up fast i think next season is starting in December.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voracek and how we get rid of him.

I see wanting to move some cap space, and definitely see wanting to move on from JvR, but I think moving Jake would be a mistake. He's one of the few talented wingers that can actually win a board battle. In the Isles series they won any board battle they wanted to against G, Konecny, and Farabee. Voracek was the only one that regularly played in the top 6 that could win those battles. Lindblom is the other one, for next year at least. Plus I think Jake was one of their best forwards in the Montreal series.

I just wish they could get "tank Jake" more often. When he actually drives hard to the net he's extremely difficult to contain. He just doesn't do that enough. But I think the Flyers are better off with him doing that less frequently than we want, than they are trying to replace him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, G-Couturier-Voracek were misused a lot of the playoffs. I think they're at the best when matching up with the other teams best players. Because they're all sound enough defensively/positionally, that they can typically hold the other guys in check. Plus they're talented enough to take advantage when the other side starts taking chances. Go 'big line' v ' big line', the Flyers will at least make it a wash, if not come out on top, and then use the depth to win the game. The Flyers 2nd and 3rd line should be good scoring lines next year. Hayes, Lindblom, TK, Frost, Patrick, NAK, Laughton, JvR if he's still here, gives you plenty of options to score goals when the 2nd and 3rd line are out there.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Couts for being only the 3rd Flyer in history to win the Selke. What a season he had. Bergeron had a monster season as well. That had to be tough to vote. Congrats!
I was gonna post this last night but I fell asleep the same time as my 3 year old lol.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see wanting to move some cap space, and definitely see wanting to move on from JvR, but I think moving Jake would be a mistake. He's one of the few talented wingers that can actually win a board battle. In the Isles series they won any board battle they wanted to against G, Konecny, and Farabee. Voracek was the only one that regularly played in the top 6 that could win those battles. Lindblom is the other one, for next year at least. Plus I think Jake was one of their best forwards in the Montreal series.

I just wish they could get "tank Jake" more often. When he actually drives hard to the net he's extremely difficult to contain. He just doesn't do that enough. But I think the Flyers are better off with him doing that less frequently than we want, than they are trying to replace him.
If we could replace him with a younger model who is as good or better than I'm all for that trade. Problem with Jake is he takes a lot of games off.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That whole article glossed right over the fact we were beatin physically in our own end. We def don't need to add a high end sniper, we have balanced scoring. We just need a little more physicality to win the important board battles.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That whole article glossed right over the fact we were beatin physically in our own end. We def don't need to add a high end sniper, we have balanced scoring. We just need a little more physicality to win the important board battles.
I thought him letting everyone know we wont be signing free agents and if we have to make a move it will be by trade was interesting.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Couts for being only the 3rd Flyer in history to win the Selke. What a season he had. Bergeron had a monster season as well. That had to be tough to vote. Congrats!
Congrats to Couts you have come a long way in the last few years.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought him letting everyone know we wont be signing free agents and if we have to make a move it will be by trade was interesting.
I agree with that assessment to. We have a deep team. We only were exposed in one glaring weakness IMO. But we need to land a big name in that dept so a trade is probably the best way to go, probably will involve Ghost.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that assessment to. We have a deep team. We only were exposed in one glaring weakness IMO. But we need to land a big name in that dept so a trade is probably the best way to go, probably will involve Ghost.
Besides getting another player added in a trade we have another glaring weakness in our top player(s) fail to produce in the playoffs.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides getting another player added in a trade we have another glaring weakness in our top player(s) fail to produce in the playoffs.
Well that seems to be a lack of heart issue to. We didn't have to many games where we were crashing the net. Some coaching changes may be in order also, especially the PP.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least it should be an interesting off season. Hard to believe Ghost wont be moved and open some cap space. Braun is probably gone also which is more space. Not sure how long and how much to sign Patrick. Myers should get a little less than Sanheim. Hagg will still be cheap. Looking at it, probably not enough room to make a go at Hoffman.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least it should be an interesting off season. Hard to believe Ghost wont be moved and open some cap space. Braun is probably gone also which is more space. Not sure how long and how much to sign Patrick. Myers should get a little less than Sanheim. Hagg will still be cheap. Looking at it, probably not enough room to make a go at Hoffman.
Sorry about the double quote. We probably dont have enough to sign Dadanov either.