• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may need to watch more hockey lol. If we wait for them to gel any window of a cup will be gone with wind. If they don't get some kind of soliditation back there they will get punked in the playoffs like they did by Montreal and the Isles.

Ok.

I'm not worried about it.
There are moves to be made.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.

I'm not worried about it.
There are moves to be made.
My man, you know Nisky retired before the season started right? You know management did nothing to fix that except Extend Braun and bring in Gustafsson.Im not trying to be a dick but who is left out there with good veteran skills to fill that role? They fucked the pooch on that one and it's gonna bite us in the ass. Unless Hart/ Elliott remain super solid and we outscore everyone I just don't see the pieces all being there.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coots definitely means a lot to them but they are still giving up a massive amount of shots. Either their system has went to shit or the players simply aren't playing. One thing we know for sure is that they can't beat the one line team they can lose half of their players and the b's destroy Philly. If they don't change something they won't get out of the division. My only solution is to hit the crap out of that line so they can't just skate around freely doing whatever they want. Wear them down as Bergeron is 35 but instead it's like an ice dancing competition against them...

Laughton was great today actually his whole line. G and Jake atrocious as well as the PP. I bet the PP was out shot! When will therien be fired??? They look lost with no plan out there...
I agree 100% with this entire post.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some random thoughts on a snowy SB Sunday:

1) Hägg sucks
2) Not surprisingly but Patrick and Lindblom are struggling to get their games back.
3) Hart has not played well overall, and no it’s not just the D. No reason for concern yet, though.
4) Couturier is the best player on the team and it’s not close.
5) JVR!!!
6) If you paid attention to Vigneault’s past team’s playing styles, you’d know that his philosophy is not built around a hard and heavy game. He wants penalties drawn, not taken. If you want push back you won’t get it with him as head coach. Not supporting or criticizing, just stating a fact.
Nobody here is asking for a hard heavy game. Ive watched Vignaults team in the past in NY and he always had Gerardi and Staal on the back end that were hard nosed defensive players and a forward like Tanner Glass who would be out there to fight anyone who took a run at the stars. All we need is three hard nosed players and the style of play we have is fine.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My man, you know Nisky retired before the season started right? You know management did nothing to fix that except Extend Braun and bring in Gustafsson.Im not trying to be a dick but who is left out there with good veteran skills to fill that role? They fucked the pooch on that one and it's gonna bite us in the ass. Unless Hart/ Elliott remain super solid and we outscore everyone I just don't see the pieces all being there.
Not addressing Nisky was such a mistake. Did they really think that signing Braun would help replace him. Terrible offseason for our management

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not addressing Nisky was such a mistake. Did they really think that signing Braun would help replace him. Terrible offseason for our management
I think they believed that someone would step up either Ghost making a comeback or Gus fitting in up there. If not deadline trade to fill that role better be plan B. To be fair they haven't done horribly against the rest of the division just the B's who they let walk all over them. IF Couts helps them win against them great but I think they'll need more to beat the better more complete teams they would meet along the way.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they believed that someone would step up either Ghost making a comeback or Gus fitting in up there. If not deadline trade to fill that role better be plan B. To be fair they haven't done horribly against the rest of the division just the B's who they let walk all over them. IF Couts helps them win against them great but I think they'll need more to beat the better more complete teams they would meet along the way.
It is nice that we have done pretty well vs the rest of the division up until now. My problem is in a 7 game series we get worn down by the bigger teams like the Bruins Isles and Caps. We also have player that dont play below the circles against bigger teams and when your getting pounded for 6 games you are very tired in game 7. My plans about our team are more built toward getting us equipped for the playoffs rather that beating teams in the regular season. Hopefully Couts can keep us near the top so we can make the playoffs.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanheim wont be playing again tonight. I think he may have Covid.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This
I think he hurt his neck last game watching an old Ovie blow by Myers lol.
This is funny but more importantly its sad. What happened to Myers? What happend to all of our defenseman? Its like they forgot how tom play without Nisky. Was he really that good?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its official our game tonight is not being played and our season has been paused because of Covid. Dammit!!!!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This

This is funny but more importantly its sad. What happened to Myers? What happend to all of our defenseman? Its like they forgot how tom play without Nisky. Was he really that good?
No but I think he kept them more focused, You have to remember that we look at a lot of these players through orange colored glasses and some may not live up to their hype. If you remember it was us always calling for these kids to start playing and so now we're seeing who truly wasn't ready and who is.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but I think he kept them more focused, You have to remember that we look at a lot of these players through orange colored glasses and some may not live up to their hype. If you remember it was us always calling for these kids to start playing and so now we're seeing who truly wasn't ready and who is.
This is 100% correct. Most posters on this board does tend to overate our players.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is 100% correct. Most posters on this board does tend to overate our players.
Well for me it comes back to not properly replacing Nisky with a solid vet presence. Not sure all what was done behind closed doors to fill the void but I'd have to think with our current rooster we would have to look inticing to someone.