• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AV is too in love with relying on the Veterans. He keeps going back to Giroux, Voracek and JvR over any of the younger forwards. I understand many coaches are most comfortable to with a veteran, but there is a point.

I still believe he has lost at least some of the locker room. I don't see Torts as a better alternative, he is a better game coach, but not a better alternative. There is a need to improve the system for team defense and breakouts.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometime i just hate AV.

Friday night we are winning 3-2 in a game that doesnt matter and Washington pulls the goalie with a minute and change left no Allison on the ice who has two goals already. A faceoff comes with like 47 seconds to go and he still doesnt put Allison on to go for the hat trick.

Cmonv man smarten up!!

Didn't think of it in the moment, but it's a good point. Would've been nice to give him the opportunity.

Flyers can't score an EN goal to save their lives, but still haha

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't think of it in the moment, but it's a good point. Would've been nice to give him the opportunity.

Flyers can't score an EN goal to save their lives, but still haha
AV doesn’t develop players - Period.

Had the same issue with Rangers.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t want Tortelini here any more that Lindy - I look like a maskless Darth Vader - Ruff. Just don’t like those guys. We have to put up with a crappy team - don’t need another annoyance.

But Yeo has to go. Would love to see timmo here as LAS suggests.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t want Tortelini here any more that Lindy - I look like a maskless Darth Vader - Ruff. Just don’t like those guys. We have to put up with a crappy team - don’t need another annoyance.

But Yeo has to go. Would love to see timmo here as LAS suggests.

Agreed. I'll even admit Torts might be good for the team. But he just annoys the shit out of me and I don't want to do deal with that.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man i cant wait to see what York can bring us next year. He just looked very comfortable out there with the big club.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers offseason look ahead: Getting a Kraken perspective on expansion draft targets, side deals and more

Paywall. But spoiler, given the choice of unprotected flyers, with no sweeteners added, the Kraken writer for The Athletic takes JvR.

Yes. Will tell you now that I think the Flyers will lose JVR. While Seattle (who has to get to the cap floor) will try to entice the Flyers to sweeten the pot under the premise of "we're not just going to help you with your cap", their own team-building needs will ultimately come first. Here's why:

1) JVR is coming off a solid season although the goals dried up after a torrid start (he still collected a healthy number of assists). Played a pretty good two-way game this year, unlike a lot of Flyers forwards. At 32, he's not in his prime years anymore but he isn't ancient, either. I have no idea why he spent a significant chunk of this year on PP2 except that Therrien/Vigneault were frequently looking for a RH shot netfront.

2) JVR's contract has only two seasons left to run. The real-dollar cost in the final year ($4 million base, $1 million signing bonus installment on July 1, 2022) is two million dollars less than his cap hit, which is appealing when spending to at least the require cap floor.

3) He's a rock solid citizen; a team spokesman, devoted family man, not an enemy in the world. He'd fit in with any locker room.

- Bill Meltzer in the comments section of his article today (HockeyBuzz.com - Forums - Bill Meltzer: Flyers Gameday: 5/10/21 vs. NJ)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Will tell you now that I think the Flyers will lose JVR. While Seattle (who has to get to the cap floor) will try to entice the Flyers to sweeten the pot under the premise of "we're not just going to help you with your cap", their own team-building needs will ultimately come first. Here's why:

1) JVR is coming off a solid season although the goals dried up after a torrid start (he still collected a healthy number of assists). Played a pretty good two-way game this year, unlike a lot of Flyers forwards. At 32, he's not in his prime years anymore but he isn't ancient, either. I have no idea why he spent a significant chunk of this year on PP2 except that Therrien/Vigneault were frequently looking for a RH shot netfront.

2) JVR's contract has only two seasons left to run. The real-dollar cost in the final year ($4 million base, $1 million signing bonus installment on July 1, 2022) is two million dollars less than his cap hit, which is appealing when spending to at least the require cap floor.

3) He's a rock solid citizen; a team spokesman, devoted family man, not an enemy in the world. He'd fit in with any locker room.

- Bill Meltzer in the comments section of his article today (HockeyBuzz.com - Forums - Bill Meltzer: Flyers Gameday: 5/10/21 vs. NJ)
26 of his 42 points in the first 20 games.

If they watched the last 35 games of the season i would ask for compensation to take him if i were the kraken

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moose starting tonight. Was hoping for Sandstrom.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mm. I really don't like Torts. I hope he doesn't join the Flyers in any capacity. He's just as likely to ruin good players as he is to elevate them IMO.

Holds guys accountable, sure. But is it worth the risk of turning guys like Laine into scrubs?
I have never been a fan of Torts either. I just threw it out there because he's a defense first type of coach with spark. I see your point as well. I could see him making things worse.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mall you have been mentioning on this board for two years that we should trade for Sam Reinhart and he is now finished the season with 25 goals and we dont have anyone in the 20s.
Love Reinhart. I really thought the Sabres at one point were trying to ship him out. I highly doubt it now.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
26 of his 42 points in the first 20 games.

If they watched the last 35 games of the season i would ask for compensation to take him if i were the kraken

You can spin it however you like. Couple notable folks saying there's a chance the Kraken take JvR without a sweetener. As I said could happen a few weeks ago. Obviously nothing certain. But professionals are saying it COULD happen.

I think we can probably just root for it together at this point :). And hope that it happens and that Fletcher uses the cap space wisely.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On JvR, while he hasn't had the production, he has competed. This is something that can't be said about Jake, who takes entire games off.

I would still rather the Flyers sweeten the pot and unload Jake than let JvR walk. That is less and less likely, but doesn't mean I can't dream. Either way they gain a big chunk of cap space. The question is, how will they use it?

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice that Farabee got to 20 goals.

good bye 2021 season. Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Reinhart. I really thought the Sabres at one point were trying to ship him out. I highly doubt it now.

Saw all the Eichel frustrations yesterday, but I guess Reinhart had a similar exit interview. He may be available after all.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saw all the Eichel frustrations yesterday, but I guess Reinhart had a similar exit interview. He may be available after all.
Would you do a trade for Reinhart? I'm not big on Eichel.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you do a trade for Reinhart? I'm not big on Eichel.

He certainly torched the Flyers this year haha. I like him. Decent size, good goal scorer. I don't think he'd be a priority for me, but I'd be down to trade for him as part of "mixing it up". Looks like he's an RFA, so I wonder what his next contract looks like.

I'd prefer him to Eichel when adjusting for what it would take to get them.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He certainly torched the Flyers this year haha. I like him. Decent size, good goal scorer. I don't think he'd be a priority for me, but I'd be down to trade for him as part of "mixing it up". Looks like he's an RFA, so I wonder what his next contract looks like.

I'd prefer him to Eichel when adjusting for what it would take to get them.
Agree!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be interesting to hear what AV and Fletch have to say. AV said after the game their post season press conference is at 11 today. Basically said they’d share their thoughts on what went wrong and what they need to address this summer.

They’ve been essentially hyping this press conference for weeks, so hopefully they actually share something instead of just hockey speak.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction as to the themes of the press conference:

1. We believe in our young players. It was a difficult season for youg players in particular and a couple guys coming off serious health issues.
2. We have a couple holes we feel like we need to fill. One in the top 4 on defense.
3. We’d like to change the mix of our forwards. Too many guys that like to play on the perimeter and make plays, rather than do the little things and go to the net. Maybe hit on speed a bit here too.

And they’ll be asked about the PK specifically, and why the team couldn’t build momentum off anything this year.