• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucic did the Flames a solid by waiving his NMC ahead of the expansion draft. I hope he got compensated under the table because thats a nice thing to do.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering how the league treated Wilson one would expect that Friedman would have to buy Ghost a Starbucks Gift Card. Considering how the league treats anyone wearing the Orange and Black....he could get a lifetime ban.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allison picks up another point. Starting to get into the swing of things.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Patrick needs a new local. I like his effort. He has had a raw deal on the injury front, but I think it would be in his best interest, and the Flyers, for him to be moved. Maybe Winnipeg, or Calgary, or even the Oilers. Or use him in a bait package to the Kraken to get them to pick who you want them to pick.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Patrick needs a new local. I like his effort. He has had a raw deal on the injury front, but I think it would be in his best interest, and the Flyers, for him to be moved. Maybe Winnipeg, or Calgary, or even the Oilers. Or use him in a bait package to the Kraken to get them to pick who you want them to pick.
Maybe a trade with Columbus for say Laine?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like these ideas but i said id give him another year so i will stick to that. Ill give him next season and if he isnt at least a 35-45 point guy and a plus player then he needs to go immediately even if he is hurt and his stats fall short because of injury.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like these ideas but i said id give him another year so i will stick to that. Ill give him next season and if he isnt at least a 35-45 point guy and a plus player then he needs to go immediately even if he is hurt and his stats fall short because of injury.

I like the idea of giving him another season. He's absolutely been a disappointment this year. And it's tough to say he even belongs in the lineup right now. But I don't like giving up on him quite yet. He's not a detriment salary wise and he went #2 for a reason. If he busts, he busts. But I think we'll regret trading him for scraps if he pans out, more than we'll regret keeping him if he busts.

If you can find a team that still puts a high value on him and can package him as part of a deal that brings a good player to Philly, I'm on board. But there's no sense in dealing him to just to be rid of him. He's not a burden contract wise or anything. Just disappointing/annoying to watch him have a no impact.

It's funny, I remember watching the draft lottery that year and after the Flyers didn't show up at 13 or whatever they were supposed to be, I remember thinking "OK, just as long as it's #1 or #2, we can be ecstatic". They might have been better off at #3 or #4.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Cow rangers fire Davidson and Gorton!!

It says its coincidental and not related to the letter they wrote to the league but i call BS on that.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both need a fresh start.

Laine will be fascinating this offseason. He's an RFA and his Qualifying Offer has to be 1 yr at 7.5M. If Columbus doesn't get him signed before free agency, and doesn't want to give him 7.5M, then he's UFA.

He's got 18 points and is -27 in 42 games with the Blue Jackets. His production has trended down for a couple seasons now. No way in hell I'd offer him 7.5M if I were them. And I can't imagine he loves the fit there, so why would he sign long term at a lower cap hit than that?

Seems to me Columbus would be looking to deal his rights to someone else. And they'd be dealing from a serious position of weakness. So a mediocre draft pick/prospect should be able to get his rights.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of giving him another season. He's absolutely been a disappointment this year. And it's tough to say he even belongs in the lineup right now. But I don't like giving up on him quite yet. He's not a detriment salary wise and he went #2 for a reason. If he busts, he busts. But I think we'll regret trading him for scraps if he pans out, more than we'll regret keeping him if he busts.

If you can find a team that still puts a high value on him and can package him as part of a deal that brings a good player to Philly, I'm on board. But there's no sense in dealing him to just to be rid of him. He's not a burden contract wise or anything. Just disappointing/annoying to watch him have a no impact.

It's funny, I remember watching the draft lottery that year and after the Flyers didn't show up at 13 or whatever they were supposed to be, I remember thinking "OK, just as long as it's #1 or #2, we can be ecstatic". They might have been better off at #3 or #4.
I would've been happy with the #4 pick as it was Makar.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Cow rangers fire Davidson and Gorton!!

It says its coincidental and not related to the letter they wrote to the league but i call BS on that.

Haha wow. That's pretty amazing. Twitter is stunned for sure.

James Dolan doing James Dolan things.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've been happy with the #4 pick as it was Makar.

For sure. And #3 was Heiskanen who I'd definitely take over Patrick at this point too. But all the pre-draft talk was that it was 2 guys and then a major drop off. They forgot to mention it was Heiskanen/Makar that were the real 2. Not Hischier/Patrick.

Funny/annoying how unpredictable the draft can be.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Flyers scouts have been putting a shift in this year. Draft boards will be all over the place with how tricky seeing the prospects play has been. Real opportunity to take advantage if your scouting department does a good job.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Flyers scouts have been putting a shift in this year. Draft boards will be all over the place with how tricky seeing the prospects play has been. Real opportunity to take advantage if your scouting department does a good job.
Our scouts need to be extra good this year as we are 13 worst in the league. We did our best to keep the pattern going just to be good enough to be bad and bad enough not to get a good draft pick. One of the reason so many other teams have stars and we dont.