• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Yeo still employed ?
We don’t have the worst D-men in the history of hockey.
When i watch them play it certainly looks that way. Yeo isnt out there turning the puck over and not covering the net front and not hitting anyone with authority

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@las, do you bring AV back next year? Assuming you address the roster flaws in the summer.
Yes i would. He has a great record regular season record and has been to many conference finals and 2 Stanley cups. He didnt forget how to coach all of a sudden. Our player suck!

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When i watch them play it certainly looks that way. Yeo isnt out there turning the puck over and not covering the net front and not hitting anyone with authority
Then IMHO the players are in an out-right revolt against the coaching staff. These players didn’t get to the nhl playing this way, so they know what to do, they’re just not doing it. Question is why?

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then IMHO the players are in an out-right revolt against the coaching staff. These players didn’t get to the nhl playing this way, so they know what to do, they’re just not doing it. Question is why?
Asked and answered, our players suck

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The complete lack of team defense or a sense of urgency right now with this team remains alarming and absolutely disturbing.

Are covid19 restrictions, a condensed schedule and a lack of practice time enough to carry all (or most) of the blame for this!?

I'm really not sure, but someone get Matty Niskanen on the phone and ask him how much he misses the game because right now he looks like kind of a big deal. The dude is only 34 years old, which to me seems like an awfully early retirement for such a valuable player.

Someone should make a montage of all of the blown coverage in our defensive zone this season. It already feels like more than I've ever witnessed in one season and we've only played 35 games.

Without question our players are way better than this. I've seen them do it the right way before.

I really don't know what else to say.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The complete lack of team defense or a sense of urgency right now with this team remains alarming and absolutely disturbing.

Are covid19 restrictions, a condensed schedule and a lack of practice time enough to carry all (or most) of the blame for this!?

I'm really not sure, but someone get Matty Niskanen on the phone and ask him how much he misses the game because right now he looks like kind of a big deal. The dude is only 34 years old, which to me seems like an awfully early retirement for such a valuable player.

Someone should make a montage of all of the blown coverage in our defensive zone this season. It already feels like more than I've ever witnessed in one season and we've only played 35 games.

Without question our players are way better than this. I've seen them do it the right way before.

I really don't know what else to say.

The only thing I can say is that AV's system is a little complicated. When it clicks, the team looks dominant. When it doesn't, yikes. We've been in the latter for most of this season. The early season record was because the goalies were keeping it together. Now that they're fried, it's super yikes. Complicated system, no training camp, no practice time, results in terrible play. Terrible play leads to terrible confidence levels. That all adds up to giving up 4.5 goals against in March. Nearly a goal per game more than the highest scoring team is averaging this year.

That being said, this is year 2 in that system. It shouldn't be as difficult to get it implemented and functioning properly. The only thing I hang on AV at this point is that he's clearly not making the right adjustments. This team is getting worse by the day.

People talk about the Islanders team being greater than the sum of it's parts. Essentially, their commitment to the team and system make them a better team than their individual talents. The Flyers are exactly the opposite right now. They are significantly worse than the sum of their parts.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes i would. He has a great record regular season record and has been to many conference finals and 2 Stanley cups. He didnt forget how to coach all of a sudden. Our player suck!

I'm OK bringing him back also. But based on the way Rangers fans talk about his tenure, I do think some of the lack of physical play is an edict from AV. Not all of it. The Flyers don't have that attitude/swagger much in the players. But some of it.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the Sabres average 2.2 goals of offense per game this season across 35 total games.

They've beaten us 6-1 TWICE. Early on in the season when we were winning and now when we're losing. Probably with two completely different line-ups too...Lol

Yep, 2 of their 7 total regulation wins have come against us.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fletcher needs to bring in Gee, Jake, Couts, Hayes and Provy (the "leadership" group) and ask "What the fuck is going on, you guys stink! It's scary that I keep reading that they are looking for goalie help. This defense is so bad that Patrick Roy would look like journeyman ANL goalie. No awareness if the front office thinks it is a goalie problem.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm OK bringing him back also. But based on the way Rangers fans talk about his tenure, I do think some of the lack of physical play is an edict from AV. Not all of it. The Flyers don't have that attitude/swagger much in the players. But some of it.
This team has been a bunch of pussies long before AV so i have no idea why you are trying to blame AV for the lack of physical play. If you want to blame someone for our lack of physical play start with Captain wimpy. If hed get out there and do something physical the other boys may just follow along.

We have been through so many coaches and GM's so id like to state the obvious again Its not the coach.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has been a bunch of pussies long before AV so i have no idea why you are trying to blame AV for the lack of physical play. If you want to blame someone for our lack of physical play start with Captain wimpy. If hed get out there and do something physical the other boys may just follow along.

We have been through so many coaches and GM's so id like to state the obvious again Its not the coach.

I’m not trying to blame AV. All I’m saying is there is plenty of chatter out there that he prefers a focus on skill/scoring than making a physical impact.

The flyers players are soft enough. They don’t need that green light from the coaching staff.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not trying to blame AV. All I’m saying is there is plenty of chatter out there that he prefers a focus on skill/scoring than making a physical impact.

The flyers players are soft enough. They don’t need that green light from the coaching staff.
This is so funny. You say im not blaming AV then go on to blame AV :pound:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, all you Debbie Downers need to chill. We're still only 10 points out of a playoff spot. Man if we could just squeak in, we could be embarrassed on a whole other level.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, all you Debbie Downers need to chill. We're still only 10 points out of a playoff spot. Man if we could just squeak in, we could be embarrassed on a whole other level.
We still have our annual 5-10 game winning streak to go to get us to squeak in.

Thats not the problem. The problem is when you havent won a cup in almost 50 years is squeaking in isn't good enough.

Winning the cup is the only thing that matters. After 50 years if youre not first youre last.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so funny. You say im not blaming AV then go on to blame AV :pound:

Lol. Ok dude. It’s all Giroux’s fault. If that will make you happy. They should’ve never made such a pansy captain in the first place. He’s the worst thing to happen to Flyers hockey over the last 10 years and everything should be laid at his feet. I bet they would’ve won at least 4 cups since 1975 if they never drafted him.

:rolleyes:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Ok dude. It’s all Giroux’s fault. If that will make you happy. They should’ve never made such a pansy captain in the first place. He’s the worst thing to happen to Flyers hockey over the last 10 years and everything should be laid at his feet.

I know your being sarcastic, and I get it. I think most fans general problem with Gee is this, when we saw him call out 1st shift in the playoff game against Pittsburgh, goes out and freakin dominates the 1st minute of play and scores, that was the leader we thought we were getting night in and night out. Unfortunately have never seen that player since, what happened?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know your being sarcastic, and I get it. I think most fans general problem with Gee is this, when we saw him call out 1st shift in the playoff game against Pittsburgh, goes out and freakin dominates the 1st minute of play and scores, that was the leader we thought we were getting night in and night out. Unfortunately have never seen that player since, what happened?
Its funny that is the only instance of physicality we can speak of in his career and that was like 8 years ago.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Ok dude. It’s all Giroux’s fault. If that will make you happy. They should’ve never made such a pansy captain in the first place. He’s the worst thing to happen to Flyers hockey over the last 10 years and everything should be laid at his feet. I bet they would’ve won at least 4 cups since 1975 if they never drafted him.

Weve been through 6 coaches a couple of Gm's about 50 players and one thing remains constant.

Gotta try something different and change the win one year lose one year mentality .

So funny how you defended him so hard the other day when he played one good period and when he pulls a no show like yesterday there is only exscuses.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weve been through 6 coaches a couple of Gm's about 50 players and one thing remains constant.

Gotta try something different and change the win one year lose one year mentality .

So funny how you defended him so hard the other day when he played one good period and when he pulls a no show like yesterday there is only exscuses.

God forbid anyone suggest there could be more to the problem than just Claude f***in Giroux. Could it be that TK is a complete shell of himself? The teams catalyst and most offensively productive player last year? The guy so many said was the new heart and soul of the team? Where the hell has that guy been huh? Giroux must have brainwashed him. Only possible explanation. Because he’s USELESS this year. But it’s gotta be Giroux.

And the goalies putting up like an 82% save percentage in March. Giroux must have put holes in their padding. Had to have been.

JvR’s scoring dried up? Sanheim and Myers taking 4 steps back from where they were last year? Giroux and Giroux. Only explanation. Provorov more of a great #2 instead of a true #1. Giroux probably told him not to show him up.

Every single loss the flyers have had since 1984, Claude Giroux’s fault. Of course. How could anyone suggest otherwise!?